Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 12-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #21
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: We Need A Lawyer. Any Brothers Here Work In Law?

Hope this thing works out brother...I know it has been bugging you guys for a while now...I wish you all the best and hope this is put to rest for you guys soon. Wish I knew someone that could help...
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #22
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (6)
RA
ktblunden is on a distinguished road

If this is affecting her credit, they have her SS#, not just her name. That makes it fraud, whether it was intentional or not. I don't really see how they just happened to use someone else's name and SS# in setting up a car loan.
ktblunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #23
Django
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Django
Trading: (1)
HdM
Django is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktblunden View Post
If this is affecting her credit, they have her SS#, not just her name. That makes it fraud, whether it was intentional or not. I don't really see how they just happened to use someone else's name and SS# in setting up a car loan.
Here in Holland the definition of fraud implies that an action was undertaken with the intention to benefit (and so disadvantaging others).

Since there was no intentional benefit it's not fraud. At least thats how it's taught here
Old 12-23-2011, 07:11 AM   #24
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django View Post
Here in Holland the definition of fraud implies that an action was undertaken with the intention to benefit (and so disadvantaging others).

Since there was no intentional benefit it's not fraud. At least thats how it's taught here
According to the Social Security Administration, Identity theft, fraud and misuse of a person's social security number all warrant the same action. The fact of the matter is that SS# is a private number that no one should just have access to, so at the very least the car dealership is not protecting their customers' private information if someone was just able to "accidentally" use the wrong person's name and SS# to write a loan. I won't even get in to how several people managed to review and sign the load paperwork with no one realizing it had the wrong name on it.

http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/app/answ...-security-card
Old 12-23-2011, 07:55 AM   #25
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

We had to do all the things mentioned in that link Kevin provided.
They were the very first things we were advised to do.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:02 AM   #26
BloodSpite
He Who Dares...WINS!

First Name: Joe
Trading: (1)
HdM Army (Disabled Vet)
BloodSpite is on a distinguished road

I hope this gets all cleared up for you! Hate to hear this kind of thing during the holidays.
BloodSpite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:53 AM   #27
ktblunden
Adjusting to the Life

RA

The whole thing really sucks, man. Hope someone can get this cleared up and over with.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #28
maninblack
Will smoke for food

Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Hope it gets cleared up quickly and painlessly Scott. And your credit score goes back to normal.
Old 12-23-2011, 03:41 PM   #29
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

PM sent
Old 12-23-2011, 08:41 PM   #30
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Chris, the thing is, it's not fraud. It's simply a clerical error.
Now no one will repair or take responsibility for the error because they know there are consequences. Had they just taken care of it two months ago when we found the problem, it wouldn't have been a big deal. But now it's mushroomed into a huge mess because everyone is hiding from it.
Add to that, it's more days and hours and cost incurred by us to travel, call and beg. We're completely exhausted with all that, which is why we're willing to pay someone to handle it and cut our losses. We just can't take anymore.
Damn, they still haven't made this right? What a bunch of a**holes.

Last edited by shark; 12-23-2011 at 08:47 PM.
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #31
Dr Voss

Sounds like a call to the Dick at the dealership to inform him your next call to will be to the media in 24 hrs if it isn't taken care of. He doesn't know that you don't have time to mess with them and it may be enough to get him off his *ss. Another way is go over his head, find out who owns the dealership and give them a call. Use your leverage as a customer. It sounds like the time to play nice is over, it's time to burn the manager if he won't be responsible.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #32
Jasonw560
PhD from Sarcastic State

First Name: Jason
Trading: (0)
Jasonw560 is on a distinguished road

I've got a friend in the car biz. I know Texas isn't Ohio, but maybe it'll still help.
Old 12-24-2011, 03:36 AM   #33
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

get in touch with BigAsh, he's a lawyer
Old 12-26-2011, 06:11 AM   #34
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

Why isn't the AG helping you out? Sounds like low hanging fruit for the department show off how they are useful.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:33 AM   #35
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Proving damage should not be a problem so suing them for refuing to rectify this is your only option.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:01 AM   #36
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

One of our brothers pm'd me with the idea to call Hyundai consumer affairs. It had never occurred to me at all. It was an easy call and should cut right to the owner of the dealership who is the guy who will ultimately be liable for all this.
My guess is that he knows absolutely nothing about it.
Once I can get to him and he hears the story, I would think he'd spend his every waking hour to rectify the situation. It's worth a shot and I don't have time to lawyer chase until after the 3rd with all our holiday busy.
I'm supposed to hear back from Hyundai consumer affairs within a few hours, once it's assigned to someone, then we go from there.
In the meantime I'm going to try to find out who the owner is and call him directly.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:05 AM   #37
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
One of our brothers pm'd me with the idea to call Hyundai consumer affairs. It had never occurred to me at all. It was an easy call and should cut right to the owner of the dealership who is the guy who will ultimately be liable for all this.
My guess is that he knows absolutely nothing about it.
Once I can get to him and he hears the story, I would think he'd spend his every waking hour to rectify the situation. It's worth a shot and I don't have time to lawyer chase until after the 3rd with all our holiday busy.
I'm supposed to hear back from Hyundai consumer affairs within a few hours, once it's assigned to someone, then we go from there.
In the meantime I'm going to try to find out who the owner is and call him directly.
Hopefully, a manager will no longer be employed there along with whoever the idgit was that caused this.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:49 AM   #38
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitch View Post
Hopefully, a manager will no longer be employed there along with whoever the idgit was that caused this.
I hope not. But I do hope some asses go kick.