Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Jokes

Old 06-28-2009, 10:01 AM   #21
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many Michael Jackson jokes have you heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
Roger that.

That's the destination I was taking a very round about route to.
See, we're in agreement.
I do wonder what will happen to his children. Whether time will forgive Michael and they'll do okay, or if time will bring even more accusations.
In my way of thinking, he went so far as to keep them anonymous to protect them from his legacy, rather than for them to benefit of it.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:06 PM   #22
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
So you know that to be true? For a fact?

In 1993: no criminal charges filed - lack of strong enough evidence
In 2005: found not guilty on all charges in a jury trial

Have you read anything about the accusations in 1993? About the family and their alleged motives? How about the 2005 People v Jackson case? About the contradictory testimony given by the alleged victims?

Settling out of court proves nothing but an attempt at avoiding a long drawn out trial in which much more money would have been spent in lawyers fees. I'm inclined to believe that if the alleged molestation occurred the family would simply not be satisfied with a monetary settlement and would not rest until justice was served.

But I'm not trying to convince you, you've made up your mind. As have I until the time if/when more evidence comes to light. Go ahead and believe what you want but don't tell people that they are naive just because they disagree with your assessment of the situation.

Well said. We were'nt there, we don't know. I tend to beleive that a lot of people were out to make a lot of money off of this man.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #23
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post

Well said. We were'nt there, we don't know. I tend to beleive that a lot of people were out to make a lot of money off of this man.
Edit: Don't get me wrong; I've told many an MJ joke over the years, but I don't think that now is the time for them.

I also beleive that anyone who actually has done as many wierd and crazy things as MJ has been accused of would be locked up in an institution a long long time ago.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:20 PM   #24
Silound
ex-CS Swamp Gorilla

Trading: (15)
Bolivar
Silound will become famous soon enough

I'm of the opinion that since I will never know the truth, nor will anyone I know, I don't judge.

I will, however, make fun of him all day and listen to his music all night.

That being said, I've gotten no less than 30 different jokes in the last few days, almost none of which were really very funny. There was one funny one about Farrah Fawcet and her dying wish though
Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #25
karmaz00
Habanos

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Partagas
karmaz00 is on a distinguished road

this could get out of hand soon..
Old 06-28-2009, 06:38 PM   #26
DougBushBC

I will then retract my post, I wouldn't want to cause flame wars over that which I see as an obvious truth and others choose to ignore. His music was instrumental in my childhood and I respect that immensely. I'll leave it at that
Old 06-28-2009, 08:10 PM   #27
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough

It is amazing that every time someone dies, the slate seems to be wiped clean. His music ability and talent are without question, but do not fool yourself, the did molest children. Above and beyond the million dollar settlements, he admitted to having children in his bed with some BS explanation to as why. His saving grace was that the parents of these children were involved in the process to make money and IMHO should have also been charged and were interested in money and not convictions. IF you do not think he molested children then I suppose you would have him babysit overnight? No level of talent excuses what he did. BTW, OJ was found innocent too of killing his wife... is there ANY doubt he did it. There are books out there which show how absurd the verdict was and howw overpowering the evidence was, so verdicts and court proceeding need to be weighed in with some common sense.
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:23 PM   #28
jonharky
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jon
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
jonharky will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silound View Post
That being said, I've gotten no less than 30 different jokes in the last few days, almost none of which were really very funny. There was one funny one about Farrah Fawcet and her dying wish though
Heard that one too not bad!!

"I don't want to have it all, I just want to have enough!!
jonharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:24 PM   #29
Martin
Sweetness

Trading: (2)
Martin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
I have heard none. Most people I know are adults.

MCS
I'm an adult who happens to have my own opinion, which is he was a pedophile, how much compassion do you think he showed the parents of the children he traumatised.

Now may I draw some conclusions of your support of him?
Old 06-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #30
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I think this one has run its course.

Insert quote here.
Old 06-28-2009, 11:49 PM   #31
Aldebaran

I think many people underestimate court proceedings and laws that are aimed at protecting the innocene of a child. Considering you can get seven years for a single picture of child ****ograpy, or how light the burder of proof has to be to prove guilt in most cases, I am fairly certain he is innocent of child molestation. Creepy maybe but creepiness isnt outlawed. All seven of the charges of child molestation were found without merit. To those who say his '93 act of settling was suspiciious consider that in People v. Jackson it cost him at least twice as much

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People_...e_Code_1108.29

His '93 accusations were brought up in People v. Jackson so if it were found that he was bribing him that would have been added to the charges which it wasnt, and the DA would have if he could sentenced him to death so why is that charge missing? The DA found it to be useless.

It really bothers me that media has created an enviorment in which slander is accepted at face value.

Also I have like five Michael Jackson jokes but each of them hundreds of times.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:42 PM   #32
TheBeard
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Rob
Trading: (31)
TheBeard will become famous soon enough

In an attempt to bring some levity back to the topic in the OP:

I've heard a few jokes here and there. What surprised me was the speed of The Internet. This pictures was up mere hours after his death

He may be gone, but his music and his legacy remain.
TheBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #33
Genetic Defect
difetosso

First Name: Perry
Trading: (5)
VR
Genetic Defect has disabled reputation

[quote=Scottw;443494]
Quote:
So you know that to be true? For a fact?

In 1993: no criminal charges filed - lack of strong enough evidence
In 2005: found not guilty on all charges in a jury trial

Have you read anything about the accusations in 1993? About the family and their alleged motives? How about the 2005 People v Jackson case? About the contradictory testimony given by the alleged victims?

Settling out of court proves nothing but an attempt at avoiding a long drawn out trial in which much more money would have been spent in lawyers fees. I'm inclined to believe that if the alleged molestation occurred the family would simply not be satisfied with a monetary settlement and would not rest until justice was served.

$23,000,000 is a pretty hefty "avoidance fee" if you ask me.
is the answer. I will not get drawn into a mindless debate over something that every know as fact. I guess I need to research the whole thing again. what was he accused of? I still dont pay attention to the news.
I will say the parents were money hungry POS

----------------
Now playing: Alabama - Calling All Angels
via FoxyTunes