Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Jokes

Old 06-27-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
dentonparrots

Default How many Michael Jackson jokes have you heard?

Since the guy died I've heard LOADS of jokes about his death. I expected a flood of them within hours of hearing of his demise but not THIS many
Old 06-27-2009, 05:57 PM   #2
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How many Michael Jackson jokes have you heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dentonparrots View Post
Since the guy died I've heard LOADS of jokes about his death. I expected a flood of them within hours of hearing of his demise but not THIS many
I've heard a whole lot. I think that at this point, the MJ jokes are in poor taste. Wait a week or so at least. Give the family and fans some time to mourn.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

PM me some, I only have 6 or 7/
Old 06-27-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I only got 4 or 5 on my cellfone so far.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #5
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Way Too soon.
Old 06-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #6
TonySmith
Feeling at Home

Trading: (1)
AirForce
TonySmith has disabled reputation

When asked what the pain was like, he said like a 10 year old boy jumping on his chest
TonySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
Martin
Sweetness

Trading: (2)
Martin is on a distinguished road

"Due to the fact that Michael Jackson was 99% plastic, he will be melted down into lego blocks so little boys can play with him for a change"
Old 06-27-2009, 09:40 PM   #8
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Too many too soon!!
kelmac07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 09:46 PM   #9
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

I have heard none. Most people I know are adults.

MCS
Old 06-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfgang View Post
Way Too soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Too many too soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly View Post
I have heard none. Most people I know are adults.

MCS
I wish I could say . I've heard way too many at this point in time.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:30 PM   #11
RichardW
Committed

Trading: (10)
Partagas
RichardW is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I've heard a whole lot. I think that at this point, the MJ jokes are in poor taste. Wait a week or so at least. Give the family and fans some time to mourn.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #12
Wolfgang
Back from the dead

Trading: (14)
HdM
Wolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the roughWolfgang is a jewel in the rough

Maybe he was a misguided in his later years, however one action shouldn't discredit an entire career. Michael cannot ever be replaced. Whether you disliked him or loved him he has influenced a whole generation of music and dance.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:21 AM   #13
dentonparrots

Turns out he didn't die of a heart attack, he was found on the childrens ward having a stroke!
Old 06-28-2009, 05:38 AM   #14
DougBushBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
I've heard a whole lot. I think that at this point, the MJ jokes are in poor taste.
To be completely honest, I normally would agree with the poor taste, but there are a few things that I find completely and utterly unforgivable, and Child Molestation is one of them. There is no excuse, even psycological problems, for that.

If you believe that he never did those things (heard a few people say this), then you are absolutely living pie in the sky with your rose colored glasses, paying a family $20 million may not convict him but it proves that the MANY claims were true.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:51 AM   #15
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougBushBC View Post
To be completely honest, I normally would agree with the poor taste, but there are a few things that I find completely and utterly unforgivable, and Child Molestation is one of them. There is no excuse, even psycological problems, for that.

If you believe that he never did those things (heard a few people say this), then you are absolutely living pie in the sky with your rose colored glasses, paying a family $20 million may not convict him but it proves that the MANY claims were true.

So you know that to be true? For a fact?

In 1993: no criminal charges filed - lack of strong enough evidence
In 2005: found not guilty on all charges in a jury trial

Have you read anything about the accusations in 1993? About the family and their alleged motives? How about the 2005 People v Jackson case? About the contradictory testimony given by the alleged victims?

Settling out of court proves nothing but an attempt at avoiding a long drawn out trial in which much more money would have been spent in lawyers fees. I'm inclined to believe that if the alleged molestation occurred the family would simply not be satisfied with a monetary settlement and would not rest until justice was served.

But I'm not trying to convince you, you've made up your mind. As have I until the time if/when more evidence comes to light. Go ahead and believe what you want but don't tell people that they are naive just because they disagree with your assessment of the situation.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
So you know that to be true? For a fact?

Have you read anything about the accusations in 1993? About the family and their alleged motives? How about the 2005 People v Jackson case? About the contradictory testimony given by the alleged victims?

Settling out of court proves nothing but an attempt at avoiding a long drawn out trial in which much more money would have been spent in lawyers fees. I'm inclined to believe that if the alleged molestation occurred the family would simply not be satisfied with a monetary settlement and would not rest until justice was served.

But I'm not trying to convince you, you've made up your mind. As have I until the time if/when more evidence comes to light. Go ahead and believe what you want but don't tell people that they are naive just because they disagree with your assessment of the situation.
I'm with you, and I read very closely through the years.
What I got out of the whole deal is that he definately molested many children, but thought it was okay because he thinks he's a kid and it's natural for kids to "explore".
It all adds up. Right up to the end.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 AM   #17
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'm with you, and I read very closely through the years.
What I got out of the whole deal is that he definately molested many children, but thought it was okay because he thinks he's a kid and it's natural for kids to "explore".
It all adds up. Right up to the end.
That's actually not what I was saying at all. If you are are saying that he molested children but thought it was OK then you are most definitely not with me.

My point was not to start a debate on what happened but to make the point (to the member that I responded to) that it is possible for someone to believe what they want about this situation and not only not be naive but quite possibly be well informed.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:48 AM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
That's actually not what I was saying at all. If you are are saying that he molested children but thought it was OK then you are most definitely not with me.

My point was not to start a debate on what happened but to make the point (to the member that I responded to) that it is possible for someone to believe what they want about this situation and not only not be naive but quite possibly be well informed.
I think the second part is what I was agreeing with.
I don't think he ever molested children in the definative (legal) sense of the word, or maybe he did.
I do believe he did things he shouldn't have on many levels, on hundreds if not thousands of occasions.
In any event, I'm not his judge. I think he was a tortured soul, and he's far better off now.
So far as the jokes go, he went out of his way to make sure he earned them. Most guys just have a swingset in the back yard for the kids, ya know?
Old 06-28-2009, 09:51 AM   #19
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

Partagas

Quote:
I think the second part is what I was agreeing with.
Roger that.

Quote:
I don't think he ever molested children in the definative (legal) sense of the word, or maybe he did.
I do believe he did things he shouldn't have on many levels, on hundreds if not thousands of occasions.
In any event, I'm not his judge. I think he was a tortured soul, and he's far better off now.
So far as the jokes go, he went out of his way to make sure he earned them. Most guys just have a swingset in the back yard for the kids, ya know?
That's the destination I was taking a very round about route to.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #20
Scottw
Going Commando

Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

[quote=AD720;443395]So you know that to be true? For a fact?

$23,000,000 is a pretty hefty "avoidance fee" if you ask me.