Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 10-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Anyone own a GMC Acadia?

So it's almost time to put the wife in a new car. She currently has a 4Runner which I love and would love to put her in a new one but she feels it's a little small for our needs. She really has her mind set on the Acadia after looking at almost every mid sized SUV out there except for the new Explorer(Furthest thing from a Ford guy) and if they have them in stock the new Land Rover Evoque. I am not too crazy about the Acadia (not a huge fan of GM either) but it's a lot nicer IMHO than the Traverse but happy wife, happy life so it looks like that may be the route we go. The part that kills me is the fact that she is sold on it due to the rear Captains chairs as it will be easier with the baby and a second to come eventually. I was thinking Tahoe for this reason but surprisingly the Tahoe is smaller interior wise than the Acadia and Traverse.
So to make a long story short to the guys/ladies who own the Acadia what are your opinions of them and how has ownership been? Any glaring issues or problems? I figured I would start doing my homework as this will most likely be our next vehicle. Might as well go into it well informed.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Anyone own a GMC Acadia?

I do not have one and absolutely hate GM. We recently bought one of the new Jeep Grand Cherokees and love it. Great 4x4 performance plenty of room for the dog and little one and the v6 not only gets great gas mileage around town but actually has a lot of power. Let me know if you have any more questions, but I would highly recommend this over GM anything.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostAbbott View Post
I do not have one and absolutely hate GM. We recently bought one of the new Jeep Grand Cherokees and love it. Great 4x4 performance plenty of room for the dog and little one and the v6 not only gets great gas mileage around town but actually has a lot of power. Let me know if you have any more questions, but I would highly recommend this over GM anything.
Thanks for the info. Yeah, I liked the new GC too but it's those damn rear Captains chairs that have her sold on the GMC as she feels and is probably 100% right that it would be easier to tend to babies on the road with those rather than a bench seat, plus getting to the third row without taking out baby seats will be a lot easier too. My problem with GM is everything feels so cheap and I feel once they get 30,000 or so on the clock that things start coming apart and rattling. I am also basing this on past experience with older models so figured I would see how feedback is with current owners. The only good thing with GM is I know I can walk into a dealership and really negotiate them down. Most people I know who have bought GM recently have walked out with a minimum of $6,000 off the sticker.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:27 PM   #4
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

You currently have a 4runner and want more room? Did you check out the Highlander? We bought one brand new in 2009 and absolutely love it. We got the sport package. We also had the dealer add heated seats and the roof cross bars at no extra cost. Great ride and a ton of room. We considered the Acadia, but didn't like how it drove. That's just my opinion. Obviously, to each their own.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
WittyUserName
WOOOHOOO

First Name: Adam
Trading: (15)
WittyUserName has a spectacular aura aboutWittyUserName has a spectacular aura about

My parents have a highlander but it smaller than a 4Runner. If you like toyota, check out the Sequoia

the GMC is a great vehicle as well.
WittyUserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:54 PM   #6
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road

Mom has one. She loves it. I am six foot and can comfortably sit in the back. It's a nice suv. Any specific questions let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device
colinb913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WittyUserName View Post
My parents have a highlander but it smaller than a 4Runner. If you like toyota, check out the Sequoia

the GMC is a great vehicle as well.
I love the Sequoia and the wife likes it too but I don't want the car payment that is associated with a 60K+ truck. Unfortunately when it comes to vehicles we never go with the bottom of the line model. We are spoiled so it needs to have leather, Navi and now with the baby the rear entertainment center.
The Highlanders are nice and surprisingly they do offer more room than the past and current 4Runner. The bad part is my wife says it's ugly. I like it and tried pushing her toward the Limited a few weeks ago. Had everything we wanted even in the Blizzard Pearl color.
Our current 4 Runner is too small as it's the last body style not the new one and with the trying for a second kid soon it will be just too small since it's cutting it close now. We recently went on a trip and with a baby, two dogs and luggage we were at full capacity. It looks big from the outside but the interior is kind of tight. At least with something with a third row we could go out with the baby and another couple and have room without taking two vehicles or when traveling with the dogs we should have plenty of room even when the second kid comes along and luggage. I have even been looking for used Sequoias (2 or so years old) but nothing has really popped out yet.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

highlander is smaller than the 4runner. i test drove the **** out of both, and almost bought a 4runner, but ended up with a killer deal on a Honda Pilot (more room then all)

BTW, i drove an Acadia from NJ to Shack HERF, and back to NJ.. and while i thought it was a decent riding vehicle, i would never buy one. plus i think they are ugly as sin. lol
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:13 PM   #9
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

ive seen/drove the old 4runners, and they were small.. they REALLY made nice improvements into making them roomier.. that was one of the reasons why it was at the top of my list forever.. The only reason i dont own one is the fact that honda pretty much gave me a Pilot.. lol... Toyota was playing too much hardball.
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Before I bought my CC, I looked REALLY hard at the Arcadia. LOVED the design, color, interior, all the goodies, and the grill...what I didn't love was $ 52,000 for a crossover/small SUV.