I love Hockey!!!

First Name: Don
Trading: (0)
Guantanamera
drjammer has disabled reputation
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Congrats to Gabriel Landeskog winning the Calder... Kid is a beast....

GO AVS!
It was awesome watching him this past season
Congrats Gabriel!
Old 06-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #1582
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

So excited for tomorrow.
sharks wont be players really but it will be interesting to see who goes where. Sharks will be getting a facelift. 7 UFAs are apparently going to be allowed to walk. Also no suprise Stuart is coming home. He has signed a 3 year deal.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #1583
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Avs I think with the best scoop so far grabbing PJ from the isles.
Old 07-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #1584
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahbroody View Post
Avs I think with the best scoop so far grabbing PJ from the isles.
Getting Parenteau is big. Sad to see Mueller go.... Business...
Old 07-01-2012, 06:17 PM   #1585
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

In WTF news the Wings sign Tootoo. A player with a history of discipline and substance abuse problems. Is he buddies with Suter?

Bertuzzi and Tootoo on the same team?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #1586
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
In WTF news the Wings sign Tootoo. A player with a history of discipline and substance abuse problems. Is he buddies with Suter?

Bertuzzi and Tootoo on the same team?
Now
Jiri Hudler took his 25 goals 25 assists and +10 rating to the Flames today.

Hey Wings fans that can't be good. With Lindstrom gone, and Stuart and Hudler going to new teams I got to imagine Detroit will really offer a lot of money to try to bring in Parise and Suter.

Radulov goes back to Russia.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:34 AM   #1587
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Garrison to the Canucks....big offense from defense if he repeats his performance of last season.

Sabres get Steve Ott from Dallas for Roy, was hoping Ott might come to Chicago.

Jokinen to the Jets....meh.

Radulov back to the KHL is good news for the rest of the division.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:04 AM   #1588
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Ott? Man such a instigator. Love when he gets pounded.

With Hudlers departure from the Wings I just cant see Parise going there. Talking heads brought up Semin as a possible Wings signing. Apparently he has burned his bridge. Funny how a top 4 +/- guy could do that. Now if they signed both Parise andgoing Semin they would immediately be a threat to win the cup with some D help. Could happen.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:38 AM   #1589
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Avs extend Erik Johnson.

Hope the stars align and the Avs somehow snag Parise or Suter, who they admit to having talks with.....
Old 07-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #1590
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Strange they don't admit to having any talks with Semin, with their need for a LW.....
Old 07-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #1591
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Now
Jiri Hudler took his 25 goals 25 assists and +10 rating to the Flames today.

Hey Wings fans that can't be good. With Lindstrom gone, and Stuart and Hudler going to new teams I got to imagine Detroit will really offer a lot of money to try to bring in Parise and Suter.

Radulov goes back to Russia.
Apparently Hudler wasn't a favorite with the team. They wanted him to go. I'm not saying that because he left, that's been the talk for a long time. The word is the Wings didn't make an offer.

I would love to Semin come to the D. The talk I'm hearing is Parise to the Penguins and Suter to the Wings.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:04 PM   #1592
Bruins Fan
Hooper drives the boat.

First Name: John
Trading: (0)
RyJ
Bruins Fan will become famous soon enoughBruins Fan will become famous soon enough

Bruins are doing nothing,Chiarelli is sitting with his thumb up his keister,we need a freaking goal scorer or two.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:16 PM   #1593
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Apparently Hudler wasn't a favorite with the team. They wanted him to go. I'm not saying that because he left, that's been the talk for a long time. The word is the Wings didn't make an offer.

I would love to Semin come to the D. The talk I'm hearing is Parise to the Penguins and Suter to the Wings.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=399877

Holy crap. He turned down Detroits offer of 80 Mill so they offer him 90 For 13the years.
I got to say to me this shows Detroit is no longer a place players are trying to get to. I got to imagine he will take the money. Its just too much.

Multiple local honks hear are reporting the Sharks have made an offer for Rick Nash. The offer includes either or both Pavelski or Clowe
Old 07-04-2012, 02:16 AM   #1594
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Jagr to the Stars for 1 year at 4.5 million. Stars have been quite active, we'll see if it pushes them into the playoff picture.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 07-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #1595
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

Lol Suter and Parise both sign with the wild. Awesome for the Wild organization, but I really think they over paid. Still nice to see an organization with such a strong fan base reward its fans.

Mike I said it before. In todays NHL history means nothing and the Wings have been on a down turn for a few years. Players will not take less or close to the same for history. Detroit is no longer that desired location for players trying to win a cup. You were right about Suter and Parise wanting to play together. You were just wrong about them wanting to play for Detroit. Have a felling Detroit is going to over pay for some players much like White last year. Semin if he goes is going to get paid well. Lot of teams with room is going to drive his price up very high. Wings may have to trade for some D but obviously Zet aNd Dats are off table which doesnt leave much room.

Wonder if Detroit is on Nash list. I know San Jose is.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #1596
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Unreal. Bummed that one of the two didn't land on the Hawks, but excited to see how this will affect hockey in Minny. Congrats to our Wild fans!

Old 07-04-2012, 02:38 PM   #1597
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

HUpmann

I am not really excited about the Sharks going after Nash. He strikes me as another Marleau who will just be happy to win in the regular season enjoy the weather but not a guy who will give everything in the playoffs. Who knows?
Old 07-05-2012, 07:58 AM   #1598
Fredo456
Addicted

First Name: Fred
Trading: (3)
Fredo456 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post

If they didn't like Hudler, I can't believe they'd like Semin. I'd bet this guy is bound for the motherland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Unreal. Bummed that one of the two didn't land on the Hawks, but excited to see how this will affect hockey in Minny. Congrats to our Wild fans!
I fell from my seat when I heard these news. We expected this to happen, but in Detroit. I didn't expect either to wind up with the Canadiens, so I'm not bummed.
It's great news for Minnesota. This franchise tanked for most, if not all, of its existence and now there appears to be better days ahead (and perhaps for the next 13 years). With both goalies re-signed, they might be light on the backend, with only 6 Ds inked.
They don't have any more cap space, so I guess they'll have to promote some youngsters. According to hockeysfuture.com, Brodin might be ready to make the jump, but I think he'd have to put on some muscle, because at about 170 lbs, he's a little light for the big leagues.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #1599
Will herf for food

Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Lol Suter and Parise both sign with the wild. Awesome for the Wild organization, but I really think they over paid. Still nice to see an organization with such a strong fan base reward its fans.

Mike I said it before. In todays NHL history means nothing and the Wings have been on a down turn for a few years. Players will not take less or close to the same for history. Detroit is no longer that desired location for players trying to win a cup. You were right about Suter and Parise wanting to play together. You were just wrong about them wanting to play for Detroit. Have a felling Detroit is going to over pay for some players much like White last year. Semin if he goes is going to get paid well. Lot of teams with room is going to drive his price up very high. Wings may have to trade for some D but obviously Zet aNd Dats are off table which doesnt leave much room.

Wonder if Detroit is on Nash list. I know San Jose is.
I can't believe I'm dignifying this with a response but you said the White signing was a good one. His cap hit is not large and he's been very good.

As other teams in the running said, Minnesota offered something the other teams couldn't; returning home for Parise and Mrs. Suter. Not to mention Suter won't be far from his native Wisconsin. I would have like to see them in the winged wheel but I hardly think this is the NHL players sending a message that Detroit is no longer a desired destination in the NHL.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #1600
Wanger

Haven't logged in for about 2 weeks. Figure I better add my here, at least.

July 4th was a WONDERFUL day! Got home from a 40 mile trining ride to my wife telling me that Suter signed. I go to look on my phone and she tells me Parise signed, too. I was surprised, elated, and felt the hair raise on my arms. Signing them was HUGE for the franchise. It re-energized one of the most passionate fanbases in the NHL. When you can get 10,000 and more to show up for a high school championship game, you know your state has a love affair with hockey.

As for the signings and the money, I think that most Wild fans are OK with it. You look at how the contracts are structured, and you see that they're very frontloaded, with HUGH signing bonuses due for the first 2 years. What that does is foce them to develop their youngsters, something that they were planning on doing, anyways. We (Wild fans) have known that they have a stockpile of talent coming up in the next couple years. Some of them include Granlund, Brodin, Bullmer, Zucker, Gustafson, Coyle, etc. I've read that they have 7 of the top 49 prospects in their system. The frontloaded deals allow them to bring those guys up and develop them as a team, and then have the flexibility to resign them to larger deals when their rookie contracts are up. The fanbase was excited about all these young guys even before signing Suter and Parise. They add instant depth, and make the Wild relevant in the league. Remember that they were leading the league in December last season when a rash of injuries derailed their season. They'll have a top front line that will be able to score with anyone in the league, and a solid second line. Their D may be a bit suspect, but even with a lack of depth back there last year, they were reasonably solid, so I'm not too worried about that. But this move wasn't about this next year or the year after. This was about the next 5-8 years, with both Suter and Parise being just 27. I see big things on the horizon for this team after these signings.

I'm glad some friends of ours asked us to split their season tickets with them. The X will be rocking for the next few years, I hope.

And as Parise is a Fighting Sioux, of course we had to go get jerseys on Thursday. He he.

Closed Thread