Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 01-11-2009, 10:24 AM   #21
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Just booked a cruise from Tampa - Join Us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
Unless it's on the northpole and you are surrounded by ice?
Cruise to somewhere cold?

Pass.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:48 PM   #22
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

A cruise sounds like a great way to celebrate the Gators National Championship!! Hope you have a good time.
Old 01-11-2009, 02:18 PM   #23
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
A cruise sounds like a great way to celebrate the Gators National Championship!! Hope you have a good time.
You know... now that you mention it

I figure I should do my part to keep an eye on all of those college girls around the pool on Spring Break as well. Just being a good citizen you know!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #24
Cigary

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Thanks for all the info. My biggest drawback is that I am not much for being on a boat and not being able to see land in any direction. Kinda freaks me out.
These boats are like huge,,,half the time you forget you are even on a boat and you settle in with all of the stuff there is to do plus the fact you will be in ports most of the time. If you don't like looking at water, just get an inside room in the middle of the boat as they have stabilizers on each side to make it even more smoother, if that is possible. Seriously, they have exercise rooms that rival any gym you have ever been too since I know you work out,,,seen your photos and you are HUGE,,scary huge, and like I said before there are some great cigar bars on them. C'mon,,,try one out and choose a ship that is at least 80,000 ton and you will hardly feel any motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoknTaz View Post
Yes to everything Gary said and take something for motion sickness especially if you've never been on a cruise. Next to Norwalk motion sickness is the $hits. Oh and pack loose fitting pants, you'll need it.
Funny, cuz it is soooo true. My first cruise I put on an extra 10 pounds and could hardly fit into my clothes so now I always bring the sweats for breakfast and lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin Gator View Post
We finally figured out and easy way last year to get our liquor on board... They will let you take bottled water on board. So, we bought a couple of 8 packs, I think, of bottle water, poured the water out, filled them with vodka, put the caps back on, and carried them right on board. Easy peasey!!!
Yahtzee! Exactly the thing to do and you walk aboard like you own the place and no problems,,,been doing this for years and if you want to keep the bottle, you fill it with water and then they will give you the bottle at the last day of your cruise. If you buy your booze on the ship you still get some good deals and they always have a day for you to sample different brands. Here's a tip also, always always befriend your cabin steward. Make this person your best friend as he will do "special" things for you. This is what we do on every cruise and on the first day we talk with this steward and ask them what they would like for dinner,,,they will look at you funny because nobody ever asks them this,,we know that the crew does not ever eat the same things that the rest of the boat eats, they are not allowed. So, we ask them what they would like and order extra for room service and then call them in to eat,,,trust me, these guys will break their necks for you the rest of the week because you are feeding them what they never get,,,,steaks, lobsters, prime rib, etc etc. They will always make time to get to your cabin to visit and talk and they will eat the dinner you ordered for them so nobody else from the crew can see them,,,they aren't allowed but it's ok if we order it for ourselves and instead give it to them. This Steward would then buy us anything we want with their 2040% discount they have,,,we'd get jewelry, booze, anything that was for sale. It's great!!

Quote:
Cruise to somewhere cold?

Pass.
I thought the same thing,,,just like you did. We went on a cruise to Alaska and it was the most beautiful cruise I have ever been on,,,the majesty of that region will blow you away. I spent literally hours just on the decks (inside and out) looking at the views and I was literally blown away,,,one of the best cruises ever and this is coming from someone who has cruise across the oceans, Mediterranean, N. Europe, Mexico and other places to numerous to mention. Don't let the idea of cold deter you as it did me,,,amazing cruises to Alaska.

Last edited by Cigary; 01-11-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #25
Cigary

Quote:
You know... now that you mention it

I figure I should do my part to keep an eye on all of those college girls around the pool on Spring Break as well. Just being a good citizen you know!!!

Lol,,,,let me know if you need help! I am current on my CPR,,regardless if they need it or not,,,just here to help!
Old 01-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #26
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigary View Post
These boats are like huge,,,half the time you forget you are even on a boat and you settle in with all of the stuff there is to do plus the fact you will be in ports most of the time. If you don't like looking at water, just get an inside room in the middle of the boat as they have stabilizers on each side to make it even more smoother, if that is possible.
Oh, it isn't motion sickness that deters me, I am fine on boats even in rough water. It is just the idea of being out in the middle of the ocean, with no land in sight, and all those sharks between me and solid ground!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Tır and Mr. Mark!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #27
Cigary

Quote:
Oh, it isn't motion sickness that deters me, I am fine on boats even in rough water. It is just the idea of being out in the middle of the ocean, with no land in sight, and all those sharks between me and solid ground!

You kill me,,,in the 100 plus years of cruising I have never heard or seen any issues with sharks on a cruise. If you take the Carribean or Mexican cruises you will always be able to see land. You go to bed and you are in port the next day. You sail away and it gets dark and you eat like a pig and smoke a few cigars and you go to bed and wake up in port. It's like Groundhog Day except you are in a different place every day. I'll take you with us as a third person cruiser will only cost you $125 for a week,,,
Old 01-11-2009, 05:50 PM   #28
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'll take you with us as a third person cruiser will only cost you $125 for a week,,,
Man... I love my brother and all... but I am NOT doing that!!! Those rooms are small enough and Tom ain't no small boy!!!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #29
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
You kill me,,,in the 100 plus years of cruising I have never heard or seen any issues with sharks on a cruise. If you take the Carribean or Mexican cruises you will always be able to see land. You go to bed and you are in port the next day. You sail away and it gets dark and you eat like a pig and smoke a few cigars and you go to bed and wake up in port. It's like Groundhog Day except you are in a different place every day. I'll take you with us as a third person cruiser will only cost you $125 for a week,,,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivor of the sinking of the USS Indianapolis
The day wore on and the sharks were around, hundreds of them. You’d hear guys scream, especially late in the afternoon. Seemed like the sharks were the worst late in the afternoon than they were during the day. Then they fed at night too. Everything would be quiet and then you’d hear somebody scream and you knew a shark had got him

The Titanic....nice cruise ship.

Old 01-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #30
Cigary

Quote:
Man... I love my brother and all... but I am NOT doing that!!! Those rooms are small enough and Tom ain't no small boy!!!!!
Not to worry as we only bookd suites on our cruises and Tom would have his own bedroom. Ha Ha Ha,,,any more excuses?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:01 PM   #31
Cigary

[quote=icehog3;163346].

I saw and read this and almost pissed myself,,,C'mon Tom,,,it's only water and you're only going to be 12 floors up anyway so the sharks will never touch you,,,we'll even rent spear guns and bring fins and snorkel gear!
Old 01-11-2009, 09:05 PM   #32
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

[quote=Cigary;163442]
Quote:

I saw and read this and almost pissed myself,,,C'mon Tom,,,it's only water and you're only going to be 12 floors up anyway so the sharks will never touch you,,,we'll even rent spear guns and bring fins and snorkel gear!
Sounding better.....can I get a James Bond jet-pack just in case?