Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-12-2012, 12:33 PM   #1
AmsterDan
Ischn't dat Wiert?!

Trading: (0)
AmsterDan is on a distinguished road
Default Cigar Shops Seattle?

Howdy!?

Just heading to Seattle, WA for a couple of days soon and I was wondering if you guys and gals could recommend some cigar/tobacco stores and possibly a cigar lounge?

I'll be staying down town without any form of transportation, so anything within or relatively close to the down town core would be perfect. I can always use your awesome free bus transit! What!? BC wants to promote transit and yet we're paying a lot for it? Come on man ... Looking forward to seeing Seattle soon.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #2
LostAbbott
Have My Own Room

First Name: Mychal
Trading: (23)
PL
LostAbbott will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigar Shops Seattle?

There are no lounges in Seattle. The closest Lounge is about 45min south as a place called Smokey Joe's. As far as cigar shops there are three good ones. The closest to downtown is Union Cigar Society. The owner Daniel is a really great guy and he has a great selection if tats, Illusions, AF's, LFD's, and Padrons. The other two are about 15min south. They are Rain city cigars and J&J Tobacco, both good places but I think Rain city has a little better selection.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #3
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...hlight=seattle

Check that ^

If you're in the city on a Tuesday evening, I'm sure that one of the brothers heading to the weekly herf at Smokey Joe's would give you a ride down and back, depending on where you're staying. If I were still there I'd do it.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:44 PM   #4
44stampede
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
44stampede will become famous soon enough

I was just there and couldn't make it to any of the recommended places. I was pretty disappointed as the guys here highly recommend a few. Have a great time and let me know how it goes if you can make it to any.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:47 PM   #5
lenguamor
puta por Ninfas!

First Name: Joe
PL
lenguamor will become famous soon enoughlenguamor will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44stampede View Post
I was just there and couldn't make it to any of the recommended places. I was pretty disappointed as the guys here highly recommend a few. Have a great time and let me know how it goes if you can make it to any.
You came all the way from Singapore and all you got was a lousy t-shirt???

Old 02-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
AmsterDan
Ischn't dat Wiert?!

Trading: (0)
AmsterDan is on a distinguished road

Haha, thanks for the recommends and the link. I'll see what shops I can go for ... we'll have a girlfriend day and a Dan day ... yep.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
AlohaStyle
Have My Own Room

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (40)
AlohaStyle will become famous soon enough

Welcome down and have fun! Are you serious about the free transit thing??? My sarcasm meter isn't working right now, but the Seattle buses definitely are not free.

Smokey Joe's is definitely the best lounge to smoke in and you can definitely get there in 30-35 minutes in regular traffic so it might be fun to rent a car one day. Not sure if there are bus routes heading down. J&J Cigars is just south of downtown where the football/baseball stadiums are. If you are there on a Saturday, you might be able to smoke a cigar outside with other guys... but it's no lounge.

LostAbbott, I'm still confused about the Lake Union Cigar Society... do they have an outdoor smoking patio open to people, or can you only smoke there if you are members, or know the owner?
AlohaStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
44stampede
Feeling at Home

First Name: Brett
Trading: (21)
Cohiba
44stampede will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenguamor View Post
You came all the way from Singapore and all you got was a lousy t-shirt???

Dude, had 3 kids in tow and visiting the out-laws. Not my favorite way to spend a holiday but got to do it once a year. Luckily I live in 30 degree (celcius) weather and can find many places to smoke out here (as well as no restrictions on Cubans
As much as I want to try a wide variety of cigars from Nic or Dom Repub just to see what I like, there are tons of Cubans I want to try.

As of now the only ones NC I don't have that I want to try are the Liga L40, FFP, Dirty Rat and Undercrown. I have a wide selection of the Padron and Opus X. I have some Camancho, Carlos Toranos (I like a few of these), other Fuente, Tatuaje and a few other brands.

Actually I am curious what is a must try full body cigar if you can help. My wife is still in the US and I would gladly send her somewhere to pick up some.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #9
thechrisdotcom

Trading: (2)
thechrisdotcom has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle View Post
Welcome down and have fun! Are you serious about the free transit thing??? My sarcasm meter isn't working right now, but the Seattle buses definitely are not free.

Smokey Joe's is definitely the best lounge to smoke in and you can definitely get there in 30-35 minutes in regular traffic so it might be fun to rent a car one day. Not sure if there are bus routes heading down. J&J Cigars is just south of downtown where the football/baseball stadiums are. If you are there on a Saturday, you might be able to smoke a cigar outside with other guys... but it's no lounge.

LostAbbott, I'm still confused about the Lake Union Cigar Society... do they have an outdoor smoking patio open to people, or can you only smoke there if you are members, or know the owner?
Union Cigar Society has a small barge thingy with some seats and cover on it. It's down in the water across from the shop.

I would suggest buying a few sticks and ask about smoking a cigar on the lil barge thingy. It's usually Narong or Dan working so just ask about it and check it out. It's nothing special but it's a covered spot to go smoke and hang out. It's still outside but there are a couple heaters down there. Just be sure to respect it and clean up after yourself or whatever so they keep it open to their customers.
thechrisdotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
dozer
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Justin
Trading: (4)
Cohiba
dozer is on a distinguished road

+1 on Union Cigar Society...Narong is a stud and I can't wait for the weather to heat up so that I can relax on the barge. I also enjoy Rain City Cigars...it seems they always have what I am looking for, whether it be hard to find LP's or the Tat TAA's and Monsters.
dozer is offline   Reply With Quote