Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 11-20-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default What the heck is everybody doing?

I've been out of the loop for so long here that I have no clue what everyone's doing with themselves nowadays.
I'm just laying around, wearing out the couch, eating pills and getting shots in the ass (Vinnie is not involved.)
My new girlfriend Lisa is incredible, my daughter Rebekah is pulling her normal 97% average in school, my cat thinks he's a dog, and I'm bored out of my mind cause I can't do anystuff I wanna do.
I am going to spend the best part of the next week in Ohio visiting Lisa, so that's a plus. She's moving into her new house she just built, and we're going to spend some time in front of the fireplace.
So I thought this would be a good opportunity to live vicariously through you guys.
What are you all up to?
How's the kids and wife and dog and stuff?
Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: What the heck is everybody doing?

I have no kids (that I know of, anyway), I have no wife, and I have no dog. I do have some stuff, but it's mostly crap. Bottom line, I have no life, so I'm not doing a heck of a lot.

Does that make you feel better, brother?
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #3
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Not much new here Scott, sent a few bombs a while back, attended Epic Herf 2 which was great. Started a new part time job and quit a week later. It wasn't what I thought it would be. That's all I got.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:40 AM   #4
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Nothing shaking around here. It's sounds like your doing a better which is good to know. Any late breaking news out of good old Dubois? I thought we were going to make it back there for Thanksgiving but no such luck.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:42 AM   #5
tobii3

Let's see, dog thinks he's a cat, wife is on the warpath because I goofed up (again), and daughter's tuition is still killing my cigar budget.

So, in other words.....Same as always.

something to think about - you COULD be taking shots at and having pills shoved in yer.....uh...wait a minute.....
Old 11-20-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
poker
1:11

First Name: Kelly
Trading: (7)
Cohiba
poker has disabled reputation

Just helping DPD6030 try to find out who someone is

Cigar Asylum: A cigar board birthed without agendas, without profiting, and without advertisements. Amor puro

Character is what you do when no one is watching
poker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:53 AM   #7
RightAJ
Here Franky Franky

First Name: aj
Trading: (3)
RA
RightAJ will become famous soon enough

Well, since you posted this I have had 3 kids, 2 grandkids, started my own business, sold that for a large profit, ate dinner in every 5 star restaurant in the world, and smoked a few CC's with Fidel.

JK I am bored out of my mind too

aj
RightAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
ZJB

Sitting around waiting for material to get in the local lumber yard ordered the wrong stuff and on another job the homeowner did the ordering his self from Home Depot, needless to say I'm not seeing that stuff till mid Dec.

Self employed G.C. got nothing but time right now gotta few bids out waiting to see if anything else pops. Stayed real busy all summer did a couple additions and a major kitchen renovation.

I cover all of N.J. and Eastern Pa. BTW
Old 11-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #9
LeoM
"Say what again!"

First Name: Leo
Trading: (87)
Partagas
LeoM will become famous soon enoughLeoM will become famous soon enough

Hmm, well let's see.

Company I work for is in negotiations to sell out to a competitor, so most of my work-time is with lawyers and the owners, managers, etc., trying to make sure everyone still has a job (especially me) if it goes through. Lady I was seeing broke things off (apparently I spend too much time at work). Been living at the gym when not at work to reduce stress (which has an up side of keeping my fat a$$ in half-way decent shape ). And the holidays are coming, which I'm thinking are not gonna be all that merry this year!

That's about it brother.....Just remember...you asked .

Last edited by LeoM; 11-20-2009 at 12:01 PM.
LeoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:56 AM   #10
tsolomon
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (31)
VR
tsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura abouttsolomon has a spectacular aura about

In the process of painting the dining room before we have the in-laws over for Thanksgiving. The wife earned a second obedience title with one of our dogs yesterday. The daughter is still waiting to hear if she got a job with DOD and I'm planning on raking the leaves this weekend.

What I really need to do is think of something to buy the wife for Xmas.
tsolomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:02 PM   #11
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I'm at work, getting ready to leave. The kids, 8, 7, and 2, are all at school and day care. The wife is working until 6 tonight. I got three hours of sleep last night, had to work a full day, then have to come back and work game duty for the basketball games tonight. I want to sleep, but no luck. I guess the lack of sleep was worth it though (went to the Panthers game).

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:04 PM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsolomon View Post
The wife earned a second obedience title with one of our dogs yesterday.
That, my dear sir, is priceless.
Had my wife earned just one obedience title, I'd probably still be married.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:09 PM   #13
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

I'm just sitting around reading your drug induced posts!!!

Pop another pill, funny man!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:15 PM   #14
SilverFox

Hmmmmmmmm lets see

Got up the this morning and took the recycling and garbage to the curb (its trash day)

Came in and fired up the stove and made Egg McMuffins for the kids (well they call them Egg McMuffins but they are way better IMHO)

Made a batch of double chocolate raspberry cookies for the kids.

Went outside and strung up my new LED Christmas lights......over 2300 bulbs out there guiding Santa in this year.

Went upstairs and took apart the piano and fixed one of the keys that my son popped out. (**** me it was a ***** getting into that thing)

Tossed my daughter in the tub to clean a few days grime off of her.

Signed for a package of Cigar accessories, some lighters and punches.

Put up a for sale thread on CA and replied to a few PM's and emails.

Threw a load of wash into the machine while Piper is in the tub.

Now headed back to the kitchen to fire up some lunch for Piper and Drew (Drew has the day off school today)

Not bad for a half day..................the life of a stay at home dad.......I have to admit I have it pretty good.

Hope your feeling better amigo.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
I'm just sitting around reading your drug induced posts!!!

Pop another pill, funny man!!!
Dood, I haven't even had a stupid pill yet. I gotta drive to Ohio in 15 minutes. I'd like to keep her between the ditches.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
csbrewfisher
Welcome to my nightmare

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (10)
LGC Navy (Served With Honor)
csbrewfisher will become famous soon enough

I've been mostly out of the loop here myself Scott. Trying to get back in, but it seems to be difficult for some reason.

Anyway, my bride of 15 months and I have just been living in God's grace and enjoying life to the fullest. The kids are mostly doing very well. We have one that's struggling in school, and some other areas of life, but we're doing our best to gently guide.

The dogs are doing well since having 27 teeth pulled between the two of them. They eat softer food now. They have switched owner allegiances since the wedding, and they really love each other too.

I've been involved in a once monthly worship outreach to hardcore bikers, playing guitar. That's a kick in the pants.

Work is going well, but we've had a bit of a misunderstanding with our founder who is retiring in February. It's a sticky situation but we'll get through it.

We had a sprinkler anti-siphon valve explode last month and dump about 300 gallons of water into a window well, which then flooded 4 rooms of our finished basement. I'm hoping the contractors finish the restoration next week, because...

We have family coming from Michigan, New Mexico and Durango Colorado for Thanksgiving. We'll have 16 for Thanksgiving this year.

Other than that, not much going on.
csbrewfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
tobii3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Old 11-20-2009, 10:52 PM   #18
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:38 PM   #19
theonlybear4CORT
RIP Nick Montano

First Name: Mike
Trading: (14)
theonlybear4CORT has disabled reputation

I just farted and it felt wet
theonlybear4CORT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 12:31 AM   #20
Savor the Stick
~Loves the Lord~

First Name: Kevin, or just K
Trading: (67)
Partagas Navy (Served With Honor)
Savor the Stick has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonic_mike View Post
I just farted and it felt wet
TMI Mikey