Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2013, 04:18 PM   #21
blugill
Feeling at Home

First Name: Andy
Trading: (10)
blugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of lightblugill is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Need to vent a little...

Sadly in today's world there are just way too many people without any awareness outside of their own skulls.
It's a sad commentary on the obligation we should have for one another.
Old 08-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #22
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Good job!
Old 08-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #23
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

The story is fake, but the lesson is meaningful. Not picking on anyone/any group and definitely not pushing a religious view. It's just a nice story.

Pastor Jeremiah Steepek transformed himself into a homeless person and went to the 10,000 member church that he was to be introduced as the head pastor at that morning. He walked around his soon to be church for 30 minutes while it was filling with people for service, only 3 people out of the 7-10,000 people said hello to him. He asked people for change to buy food - NO ONE in the church gave him change. He went into the sanctuary to sit down in the front of the church and was asked by the ushers if he would please sit n the back. He greeted people to be greeted back with stares and dirty looks, with people looking down on him and judging him.

As he sat in the back of the church, he listened to the church announcements and such. When all that was done, the elders went up and were excited to introduce the new pastor of the church to the congregation. "We would like to introduce to you Pastor Jeremiah Steepek." The congregation looked around clapping with joy and anticipation. The homeless man sitting in the back stood up and started walking down the aisle. The clapping stopped with ALL eyes on him. He walked up the altar and took the microphone from the elders (who were in on this) and paused for a moment then he recited,

“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

'The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

After he recited this, he looked towards the congregation and told them all what he had experienced that morning. Many began to cry and many heads were bowed in shame. He then said, "Today I see a gathering of people, not a church of Jesus Christ. The world has enough people, but not enough disciples. When will YOU decide to become disciples?"

He then dismissed service until next week.

Being a Christian is more than something you claim. It's something you live by and share with others.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:43 PM   #24
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

OP- you are a gentleman and a scholar, sir!
Old 08-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #25
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

I agree. Actually, I carry a lot of repair stuff in my company car as I do 1000k+ miles a week. Even a couple sets of cheap jumper cables from Big Lots. If someone needs a jump, I will use those and let them keep them. Also have oil, antifreeze, water, tool kit, door jimmy and various other car repair related items (and a pistol, just in case I get set up ).

I am shocked sometimes by the younger folks (I am only 35) that cannot do simple things like jumping a car or changing a tire. Girls can get away with it. If a male is driving......he should know how to do both tasks.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice

It was in a public place and it was a nice old lady. But what if she was in the middle of nowhere? What if she was robbery bait? I try to stop and help, because that's who I am, but let me tell you what happened here about 10 years ago. A guy was driving home from work at night and noticed a young lady with a car broken down. Of course, being who he was, he stopped. As he examined the car, the girl's boyfriend came out of hiding, whacked him with a hammer and put his body in the trunk. They drove him to their place where they placed his feet in a 5 gallon bucket, filled it with quikrete and when it set, they threw his body off the Natchez Trace bridge. Problem was, they didn't throw him in the barge channel but in about 4 ft. of water where there was a sand bar. After his body was found, suspects were interviewed and ultimately the killer was arrested and charged with Capitol Murder. Apparently the killer was upset because the victim, who was the stepfather of his daughter, had spanked his daughter the previous week. Geez!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #27
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Looks like someone else was listening too. Loved reading this today. Much respect to those officers.

http://www.cafemom.com/articles/in_t...&utm_content=0
Old 08-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #28
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

I was on the receiving end of a helping hand once, down in Alabama. I was driving along Dauphin Island near the beach, and decided to go down a dirt road, and got stuck. While trying to get out, I ended up burying the rear end all the way to the differential. It was a late 1970's Ford LTD, so RWD was a no go, LOL!
It was 10:30 PM, so I walked to a cottage where I heard people talking. Luckily they had a big pickup and a length of chain. Got me outta there in no time.