Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 11:46 AM   #5761
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Trading: (32)
Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

what range(s) do you usually go to? I've been to dexter, firing line in westland and I'm going out to top gun in troy today after work.

edit: linky here http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...31#post1829631
Old 05-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #5762
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone here own a Glock 23 compact model? I have an opportunity to by one for $400 and would like to know if it is worth that much and how people like it.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #5763
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever View Post
Does anyone here own a Glock 23 compact model? I have an opportunity to by one for $400 and would like to know if it is worth that much and how people like it.
Don't have a 23 but have carried a Glock for 10 years, that is about an average price for a used one, if its new jump on it, can't go wrong with Glock for a reliable gun.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #5764
Fordman4ever

Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Its fairly new. Probably not even had 300 rounds through it.
Old 05-04-2013, 01:02 PM   #5765
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
If I wanted something in 40, that's a good buy for sure.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #5766
CamoFlogged
...may I have another?

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Montecristo
CamoFlogged will become famous soon enoughCamoFlogged will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I have a 23. Nice little gun. I did use it for concealed carry until I moved out of Colorado.

My advice, if you haven't done so yet, is head to your gun store and hold a 23 in your hands. Make sure it fits and feels good in your hands, both of them if this going to be your CC. Also, as you know its a .40 which can be a bit snappy in this size but I dig it. I love my Glocks but they fit my hands well. My buddy only shoots Sigs, cause they fit his hands better. Calls my Glocks plastic toys.

Lots of 3rd party accessories and parts galore for Glocks. Easy to work on/clean and they flat shoot everything I have put through them. They still shoot when dirty too. .40 ammo isn't the cheapest but lots of it out there. Easy to reload too.

$400 seems like a good price to me, especially if it comes with a couple of mags, etc. Unless the person has upgraded, it will most likely come with 2 mags and a lock. If you could shoot it prior then that would be best. It's a very solid weapon and I trusted it daily. I like the power of .40 and magazine capacity is nice. You might want to research what generation it is. Not a huge deal but nice to know.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #5767
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo
cigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura aboutcigarmonkel has a spectacular aura about

Just ordered my stripped dpms upper all the ar15 tools and vice thing for the upper/barrel. Also scored 1250 .355 rounds for reloading and 2pounds of winchester wsf powder. It was a good day!

Oh yea.. 100 rounds of .223 and 3 ar15 mags too.. damn slopes are all just as slippery as the last!
Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #5768
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarmonkel View Post
Just ordered my stripped dpms upper all the ar15 tools and vice thing for the upper/barrel. Also scored 1250 .355 rounds for reloading and 2pounds of winchester wsf powder. It was a good day!

Oh yea.. 100 rounds of .223 and 3 ar15 mags too.. damn slopes are all just as slippery as the last!
Very nice, I will work on the Eotech
Old 05-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #5769
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Very nice, I will work on the Eotech
I just got all giddy!! Do you know what model it would be? For that price I'm not picky but i am curious.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:04 AM   #5770
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
I just got all giddy!! Do you know what model it would be? For that price I'm not picky but i am curious.
I will find out, I would like a Zombie Stopper!
Old 05-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #5771
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

I'd be ok with that! Or the hhs ii would be nice too . Although I think an hhsii for that price is wishful thinking
Old 05-05-2013, 11:44 AM   #5772
Fordman4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoFlogged View Post
I have a 23. Nice little gun. I did use it for concealed carry until I moved out of Colorado.

My advice, if you haven't done so yet, is head to your gun store and hold a 23 in your hands. Make sure it fits and feels good in your hands, both of them if this going to be your CC. Also, as you know its a .40 which can be a bit snappy in this size but I dig it. I love my Glocks but they fit my hands well. My buddy only shoots Sigs, cause they fit his hands better. Calls my Glocks plastic toys.

Lots of 3rd party accessories and parts galore for Glocks. Easy to work on/clean and they flat shoot everything I have put through them. They still shoot when dirty too. .40 ammo isn't the cheapest but lots of it out there. Easy to reload too.

$400 seems like a good price to me, especially if it comes with a couple of mags, etc. Unless the person has upgraded, it will most likely come with 2 mags and a lock. If you could shoot it prior then that would be best. It's a very solid weapon and I trusted it daily. I like the power of .40 and magazine capacity is nice. You might want to research what generation it is. Not a huge deal but nice to know.

Its a 4th gen and it has only had around 250 rounds through it. my buddy is building an AR and needs the money. It comes with 3 mags, cleaning rod, back strap holster, and a hard case. It was purchased brand new last august. I think I'm getting a pretty good deal.
Old 05-05-2013, 12:14 PM   #5773
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Its a 4th gen and it has only had around 250 rounds through it. my buddy is building an AR and needs the money. It comes with 3 mags, cleaning rod, back strap holster, and a hard case. It was purchased brand new last august. I think I'm getting a pretty good deal.
Ya, buy it
Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM   #5774
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Hmm a LGS has a stripped dpms lower for 205.. 40 bucks more then online but its in stock... what do yoi guys think?
Old 05-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #5775
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Hmm a LGS has a stripped dpms lower for 205.. 40 bucks more then online but its in stock... what do yoi guys think?
Depends on how fast you want it built I guess, $40 for instant gratification is ok in my book
Old 05-05-2013, 12:26 PM   #5776
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Depends on how fast you want it built I guess, $40 for instant gratification is ok in my book
SOLD!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #5777
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
SOLD!
Damn Slippery Slopes!!
Old 05-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #5778
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Tell me about it.. I'm actually over my allowance for the month... but I figure since I made my own allowance rule.. I'm allowed to break it, right?
Old 05-05-2013, 01:04 PM   #5779
Remo
C.I.A

Partagas

Quote:
Tell me about it.. I'm actually over my allowance for the month... but I figure since I made my own allowance rule.. I'm allowed to break it, right?
Of course, although I will completely understand when you tell your wife that and she
Old 05-05-2013, 01:56 PM   #5780
cigarmonkel
User Title goes here

Montecristo

Nooo they close at 4 and they are 35 minutes away. I called though and he put it aside for me . Not married yet and single as of 3 months ago!
Closed Thread