Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #41
Steelergar

Default Re: This Belongs to Everyone Here at Cigar Asylum

Your the man Rob!
Old 01-29-2009, 12:44 PM   #42
No1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelergar View Post
Your the man Rob!
Thanks for saying that but in all honesty I don't deserve that much praise. The praise really should go to the BOTL's who helped make it happen.

It was an honor to be a part of this but I only played a part in a much bigger production.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 01-29-2009, 12:45 PM   #43
rsamos

That is excellent!
Old 01-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #44
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

That is excellent!! Great job organizing the barrage of smokes!

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 04:31 PM   #45
BP22
Raiding Gerry's Zero

First Name: Brandon
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
BP22 is on a distinguished road

Well done...that is awesome!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:01 PM   #46
PaleRider

Thank you for sharing that with us No1lder. That is so great! I find that I am continually blown away by the caliber of people we have in our midst.

Thanks!
Old 01-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #47
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Doskonały Istotnie!
Old 01-29-2009, 08:15 PM   #48
acruce
Just killing Time

First Name: Andy
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
acruce is on a distinguished road

Very cool
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #49
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1der View Post
Hey guys, As some of you may remember over a year ago I asked all the Gorillas at CS if they could contribute some cigars for the Polish Troops serving in the U.S. Coalition forces.
Rob, thanks for sharing that Certificate with us. It was a pleasure as a "former Gorilla" to contribute a box of cigars to the cause. I'm sure the troops enjoyed all that was sent to them. It's always nice to have a little piece of home in a land far away. Congratulations
Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #50
Footbag
I Need My Space

First Name: Adam
Trading: (7)
Partagas
Footbag will become famous soon enoughFootbag will become famous soon enough

Very cool! The gorillas will be remembered long after there gone thanks to generosity like this!
Footbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:34 PM   #51
CBI_2
Have My Own Room

First Name: Paul
Trading: (0)
CBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the roughCBI_2 is a jewel in the rough

Awesome! Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:27 PM   #52
Swampfox21

hey thats awesome!!!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:38 PM   #53
No1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkinCA View Post
Rob, thanks for sharing that Certificate with us. It was a pleasure as a "former Gorilla" to contribute a box of cigars to the cause. I'm sure the troops enjoyed all that was sent to them. It's always nice to have a little piece of home in a land far away. Congratulations
You know that you and others from CS contributed just slightly over 1000 cigars. Two coolers ended up being shipped to Afghanistan and I remember thinking that I would have loved to be there to see their faces when those cigars arrived.

You and the others were absolutely awesome and I appreciate all the help.
Oh hell, I think I have a picture of me sorting those cigars. I need to see if I can find it and I'll post it.

If I do find it maybe I can as Pnoon or one of the other 11 to insert it into OP. I don't want to get ahead of myself cause I have to see if I can find those pics.

Gorillas/Inmates/BOTL's are the best... It's this community that made CS absolutely amazing and I have no doubt that we'll do it again here at our new home at Cigar Asylum.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 01-29-2009, 10:46 PM   #54
brigey57
Smoke me if you can...

First Name: Bri
Montecristo
brigey57 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1der View Post
Hey guys,
As some of you may remember over a year ago I asked all the Gorillas at CS if they could contribute some cigars for the Polish Troops serving in the U.S. Coalition forces. In true Gorilla fashion I was overwhelmed by the generous packages that came from the jungle.

Anyway, I had some legal back and forths with the Polish Embasy and several months later the cigars were shipped off to Afghanistan. Why not Iraq I don't know but maybe they know.

In any case, last September I was invited to the Polish Embassy as an honored guest. Shortly after I was visited by the Polish Army liaison for Washington D.C. and was presented with the following "Certificate"...

Now I made it clear that Club Stogie were the ones who deserved a majority of the credit but seeing as what's happened to CS I think it may be just as well that the site wasn't mentioned.

In any case, this certificate belongs as much to everyone of you who made this possible as it does to me.

Sorry for the delay in posting this but It's been a very rough half year for me and my family and I just hadn't been visiting any forums. I guess in a way that also worked out for the best as CS is dead and I'm glad to be able to post this for the first time here at Cigar Asylum.

This is one post that will not become property of someone who had nothing to do with creating it.

Cheers to you my BOTL brothers, you made this possible and cheered up some Soldiers a very long way from home.

Cheers,
Rob

EDIT: Below is the translated text added at the request of No1der. ~pnoon

Now I want to warn everyone that my Polish to English translation skills aren't very good.

I speak the language quite well but reading and writing are my weakpoints.

I think I did the text justice but I'm sure it could have been done better.

Below is a translation of the text:
"Mr. Robert W. Korczak-Sielicki (Me)

In the name of myself and all the soldiers of the Polish Contingency of the Army in Afghanistan I thirst to give in your hands the most sincere thanks for this warm gift that gave us such great joy.

Putting together the gesture of great respect I would like to give (you) the most sincere soldiers salute (my translation) and best wishes, lots of health and good tidings in your personal and professional life.

Signed.
Commander of Polish Contingent of the Army in Afghanistan.

Brigadier General Grzegorz Buszka
"
Thank you for sharing this with us, as it is truly a result of your effort to initiate the collection and distribution of the cigars. You are recognized for your efforts and thoughts for the brave soldiers who sacrificially give of themselves for the good fight. To those BOTL I give my salute.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:09 PM   #55
No1der

Quote:
Originally Posted by brigey57 View Post
Thank you for sharing this with us, as it is truly a result of your effort to initiate the collection and distribution of the cigars. You are recognized for your efforts and thoughts for the brave soldiers who sacrificially give of themselves for the good fight. To those BOTL I give my salute.
Well I appreciate that very much. I guess inspite of having a big mouth I tend to be rather humble and sometimes I have a hard time accepting compliments. Thank you and everyone else for your kind words.

Now, I said that I thought I had a couple of pictures of me sorting cigars and I was right, I found it and sized it for the web.

The first two pictures are of me sorting all the singles that I recieved from the Jungle. I think I may have a picture of the bundles and boxes but I need to search through my documents.

So what you see in the first two pics are just the assorted singles that were sent to me for the troops.

The last picture is of myself and the Major who was also involved in helping me get those cigars to the troops.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 01-30-2009, 12:33 PM   #56
No1der

Update:
For some reason I am unable to find any pics of the box's and bundled cigars. It might be on an old HDD that I'll look through later today when I hook it up.

Cheers,
Rob
Old 01-31-2009, 11:18 AM   #57
troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
troutbreath is on a distinguished road

That is cool. Thanks for posting.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 11:34 AM   #58
Prospector
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Mike
Trading: (11)
Prospector will become famous soon enough

That is just outstanding, and Rob you are way too modest. Clearly without your efforts this would never have happened. Thank you for caring enough to do this, and for your obvious Herculean efforts to make it succeed.
Prospector is offline   Reply With Quote