Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #1
badbriar

Default San Lotano Habano toro

Another quickie review - a San Lotano Habano cigar bought from a favorite local B&M. First, I really like San Lotano's maduro offerings - very fine cigars. Being a maduro / Oscuro fan, this was a venture outside my usual cigar preferences. The Habano was an attractive, lightly mottled stick with a rugged looking deep brown wrapper. Very light pre-light aroma, but smelled slightly sweet and leathery. Torching and draw were impeccable. First few draws yielded no sweetness at all, but moderate pepper tingling on the tongue with leather and earthiness. Cedar and wood flavors soon showed up in the forefront. I've read that others have found coffee, chocolate and sweetness in this stick. Personally, I found none of those flavors. Just a consistent earthiness, cedar, leather and rich tobacco flavor pallet. Fortunately, the smoke was quite smooth and creamy, but not the slightest bit of sweetness at all.
In sum, this was not my thing. A very well made cigar, but not a hardcore maduro/Oscuro whore's bag. It would not be fair to pass judgement, as this stick is probably nirvana for some, but not me.
RR