Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-09-2022, 12:54 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Padron 1964 Anniversary - Principe Maduro

https://padron.com/padron-1964-anniversary-series/

I picked this one up the other day while visiting my local Smoke Inn. Not only do I love Padron cigars but the 1964 may be one of my all time favorite cigars. I've always considered Padron cigars to be the Rolls Royce of cigars. They are just class embodied. So, with much enthusiasm let's start the review!

Wrapper: A beautiful dark chocolate wrapper, with a slight sandpaper tooth, The only ding i ever give padron is the single cap

Pre-light/Draw: pre-light aromas have deep barnyard smell with hay and some spiciness. draw is perfect with a little earthiness.

deep chocolate and earthiness, dried fruits like raisins, coffee, kola nuts, finish is thick and creamy, campfire, forest floor, hints of white pepper,

very earthy, chocolate, coffee, dried fruits, campfire, forest floor, some spice, white pepper, This may be the perfect sized cigar for me, finish is long and creamy, Kola nuts, this cigars flavors bring me back to a time in childhood running through the woods barefoot with it’s aromas and flavors,

earthiness, some spiciness, coffee, chocolate, dried fruits, kola nuts, pepper, This isn’t a pepper bomb like the 26’s are, campfire, forest floor, Just a well balanced and blended cigar, This is what i wall a finger and mouth burner cigar, finish is still long and creamy,

Ash/Burn: Ash was tight and well packed. The burn was razor crisp until the end but required no touch ups and testament to its construction

Final Thoughts: What can I say that hasn't already been said about this line of Padron? Obviously is was great and I'd smoke these every second of the day if I could afford such a thing. I've always been partial to the 64 line over the 26's. Should you buy a box or a 5 pack? YES! why are you even reading this wasting time when you could've been buying these! I will say i find the Maduro sweeter than it's natural wrapper. That's about as much insight as i'm going to offer here. It was a great cigar and you should buy them all. God bless you!
Old 03-09-2022, 02:27 PM   #2
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Padron 1964 Anniversary - Principe Maduro

I like the maduro over the natural as well. Also, like you, I'd smoke many more of them - the again, also like you, find myself nowhere near able to afford such a habit.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 03-09-2022, 02:44 PM   #3
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

One of my absolute favorites, good review.
Old 03-09-2022, 03:33 PM   #4
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Love these. Nice review.
Old 03-10-2022, 08:53 AM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Glad it did not disappoint, Jason.

With the price of Cuban cigars the last few months, these may seem very affordable in the near future.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 09:05 AM   #6
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Tom, for the price of a box these really aren't that bad. I miss the old days when the average cost of a box of cubans was $150-$250. God bless you!
Old 03-10-2022, 12:03 PM   #7
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Love That Cigar, Too! Great Review!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 12:29 PM   #8
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

With the price of Cuban cigars the last few months, these may seem very affordable in the near future.
Hahahaha so true!!!!!!

Great cigar but pricy. This cigar is a good example though of at least delivering a great cigar for the money.

I do often punt to the thousand series Maduros instead of a 64 just due to price and find the thousand series to be just as good. Heresy? Lousy palate?
Old 03-10-2022, 01:44 PM   #9
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post

True dat!

Or I will not be able to afford anything because I won't have the cash to put in my car to drive to the Post Office.
Old 03-10-2022, 02:06 PM   #10
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Hahahaha so true!!!!!!

Great cigar but pricy. This cigar is a good example though of at least delivering a great cigar for the money.

I do often punt to the thousand series Maduros instead of a 64 just due to price and find the thousand series to be just as good. Heresy? Lousy palate?
Nope. I really enjoy the 3000/5000 maduros.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:33 AM   #11
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

This one is very near and dear to me. It is the cigar that really set the hook for me smoking cigars. I ALWAYS have at least one box on hand.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote