Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-23-2022, 12:59 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Oliva Master Blend 3 - Torp

https://olivacigar.com

So, I got two of these after buying an Oliva sampler back some time ago and smoked one and Loved it so today I wanted to finally do a review of this beautiful cigar. I'll be pairing todays review with a vintage PepsiCo Mountain dew 2021 one of the better years for sugared sodas. Seriously i can't wait to review this cigar so enough time wasting text and let's get on with it!

Wrapper: Darker milk chocolate wrapper with minimal veins. Appears to have some plume at the cap

Draw: Draw is perfect with just enough resistance. Flavors are sweet tobacco and coffee

Lots of earthiness at the start, chocolate, coffee, dried fruits, kola nuts, nice creamy finish to it, white pepper, slight sweet tobacco, The earthiness is so rich i feel like i can taste the soil, slight spice starting to develop, The cigar has a mustiness to it that i’ve only found in well aged cigars, Smoke output is solid to start, a very slight bleach taste hits me from time to time,

Still has that musty earthiness that reminds me of rich volcanic soil, chocolate, pepper, dried fruits, kola nuts, still has a nice creamy finish to it, toffee, spiciness, coffee, Hints of cayenne, My tongue is starting to buzz a little which is nice,

Very earthy still with the soil part no longer there. More creamy than before, chocolate, dry fruits, kola nuts, pepper, Spiciness with hints of cayenne, Tongue is still buzzing,

Ash/Burn: Ash held nicely throughout with only a couple flakes shedding, Burn was very good but not perfect but it didn't require any major touching up

Final Thoughts: This cigar starts out very earthy and chocolatey with not a lot of spice and pepper but it builds towards that into the 2/3rd. Since smoking the first Master blend torp I became an immediate fan and ordered a box of robusto's and with prices for a bundle not being that bad I highly recommend you buy a box if these flavors match what you like. You really can't go too wrong with Oliva these days. I even enjoy the series O and G for what they are. Burn time on this was SLOW. this cigar wanted to take it's time and I appreciate that and it's a testament to its construction. Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this review today! Tomorrow I'm back at the doctors office so I doubt I'll review anything then. Have a blessed day and God bless you all!
Old 02-23-2022, 01:16 PM   #2
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Oliva Master Blend 3 - Torp

Nice review! I truly enjoy these. And if you watch, you can get them on special.
Old 02-23-2022, 01:22 PM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Nice review! I truly enjoy these. And if you watch, you can get them on special.
I got a box from holts for $89 with free shipping but i've seen Atlantic cigars sell bundles into the high $60. You just can't miss with oliva these days. God bless you!
Old 02-23-2022, 02:30 PM   #4
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Good review of a great smoke!
Old 02-23-2022, 03:01 PM   #5
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about

That’s a classic blend. Often overlooked because so many cigars and blends are available.

For the price point they are amazing.

Even removing price point and only look at the blend, it’s a great cigar.
Old 02-23-2022, 05:53 PM   #6
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

I love those too, picked up a 20 bundle from Holts a while back and the price has went up since then. I only have a few left so gonna have to pony up and order some more soon. Great review of a great cigar.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:02 AM   #7
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Man....did you ever have the MB1......THAT was a killer cigar
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 08:47 AM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Man....did you ever have the MB1......THAT was a killer cigar
Yes they were. I've enjoyed the IIIs I have smoked, but the Is were fantastic.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 09:06 AM   #9
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold

I have had MB1, and it was very good. Live the MB3 torpedos. IMO the other shapes aren't the same. Maybe it's a mental thing. Thanks for the review Jason