Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-20-2022, 11:56 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Zino Nicaragua Robusto

https://us.davidoffgeneva.com/zino-n...robusto-cigar/

Got this one in my COTM club for january. I smoked one and didn't really taste like something out of nicaragua but that may have been from a lack of rest on my part so now that it's had some time to settle down lets review this cigar and see if it's a good cigar to purchase!

Wrapper: Very light milk chocolate wrapper, no veins to speak of and double capped.

Draw: No problems here. easy draw if not a little loose

My warning label

Interesting forest floor flavors to start, earthiness, chocolate, caramel, sweet finish, creaminess, sweet hay/grass, So far this is much netter than the first time i smoked this, vanilla, toastiness, nuts, slight woodiness

Earthiness, still getting that pine forest floor vibe, creaminess, still a sweet finish to it, vanilla, honey, hints of chocolate and coffee, pepper, spice. Lots of smoke coming off of this,

chocolate, earthiness, creaminess, vanilla, sweet corn, hay/grass, coffee beans, toastiness, graham cracker, slight mint,

Ash/Burn: Some mild shedding but over all the ask held tight. The burn was fairly even throughout

Finish: My first time smoking this i was excited to try something davidoff since getting back into cigars but was ultimately disappointed. The flavors were there but just too weak, This time around the flavors were much more present and well balanced with a lot of nuance. I usually like cigars with a lot more earthiness, chocolatiness and pepper but a change of pace is nice and this fits that bill. Now would i actually spend money and go out of my way to buy these? probably not but that's just me. I know what i like and enjoy but it is nice to try new things. if you like a milder, sweeter sort of stuff then this cigar fits your own bill and I'd say buy away. anyways, i hope you enjoyed this review and have a blessed day! I'll be locked up in the doctors office tomorrow so no reviews planned for then. God bless you all!
Old 02-21-2022, 07:30 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Zino Nicaragua Robusto

Thank you for the review Jason. "Pine forest floor" sounds about as appealing to me as an IPA. Thanks to your review, now I know.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 09:41 AM   #3
VirtualSmitty
WiP!?

First Name: Joe
Trading: (0)
Vegueros
VirtualSmitty has disabled reputation

Wow that new band is atrocious.
Old 02-21-2022, 11:39 AM   #4
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Thank you for the review Jason. "Pine forest floor" sounds about as appealing to me as an IPA. Thanks to your review, now I know.
I didn't say Pine needles because that's all i taste with IPA's when i used to drink beer. I don't remember much other than i HATED all IPA's. Pine forest floor was much more pleasant in my mind than brewed pine needle tea. God bless you brother!
Old 02-21-2022, 02:17 PM   #5
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
I didn't say Pine needles because that's all i taste with IPA's when i used to drink beer. I don't remember much other than i HATED all IPA's. Pine forest floor was much more pleasant in my mind than brewed pine needle tea. God bless you brother!
Gotcha Jason. Still doesn't sound like my wheelhouse, but glad you enjoyed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Wow that new band is atrocious.
Possibly just a band for a test cigar, Joe?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote