Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 10-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #1
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default An Old "SMOKE" review - Flamenco "Coronas Habano"

I posted a couple reviews yesterday that I found on an old computer disk, they are the original drafts which I did blindly for SMOKE mag in 1999. Here is another one.

Petit Corona #30
Flamenco "Coronas Habano" (A Lew Rothman smoke with the then new Havana2000 wrapper)

1) Aesthetics: A dry cigar with green water spots and light veins.

Score for aesthetics: 3.5

2) Pre-light Construction: A nice firm cigar, well rolled, with good tobacco aroma and a slight hint of the barnyard.

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.0

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked: A firm, slightly flaky, white ash held until forced to drop. It remained firm throughout - a wonderful example of the roller's art for smaller cigar.

Score for post-light construction: 4.8

4) Flavor and strength: Wow! I don't normally get too excited about small cigars, but this was a wonderful reason to reexamine my position on such. Full-bodied complexity predominated as it developed wonderful tobacco flavors.

Score for flavor and strength: 4.8

5) Aftertaste/Finish: I couldn't believe th rich flavors I tasted as the finish of this cigar lingered tantilizingly on my plate.

Score for aftertaste:4.3

6) Aroma: I was overwhelmed with the rich aroma of this cigar, nirvana ain't got nothing on this.

Score for aroma: 4.9

7) General Comments: I dipped immediately into the bag for a second sample, because I really wanted the experience to continue. I was amazed at the flavor, complexity and rich flavors that were packed into this cigar. I wouldn't be surprised to find out I headed a bit south of Florida for the time it took to smoke this treat. This is a smoke that can stand up to the fullness of even a Cajun dinner.

Overall score for the cigar: 4.8

8) Recommendation: Highly recommmended. I am not a small corona fan, but, if these are legal, I will definately reexamine that conclusion.