Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 09-10-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
dogface_313

Default Very deserving couple need your help!

So,
I am usually the first guy to skip over these type of posts, but read this description and it may change your mind. This couple is a close family friend, every word you read is true. She has raised her sister's children since her sister passed from cancer.

take a couple minutes(5 at the most) to register and vote.

http://www.dat-e-baseonline.com/fron...ID=26170&zx=50

Dina and Matt
(Submitted by Dina)

How did the couple meet?

On October 25, 1991 when we went on our first date I never imagined 18 years later we would still be together. Considering all that Matt and I have gone through from losing my father, losing our jobs, losing my sister and gaining five children who have changed my life for the better, I am amazed that we have managed to keep our relationship at the forefront of our lives. In our life journeys, we are stronger than ever as a couple and feel we can make it through anything at this point in our lives. Matt & I would be honored to share our wedding with family & friends at the Café Escadrille in the town of Burlington where my life started. Matt is from Wakefield, where he lived for 30 years & I am from Burlington, where I have lived all my life. Matt and I met at the retail store Lechmere in Woburn in 1990. We had hung around with some of the same friends from Lechmere and had met up at a couple parties.

Tell us WHY you (the couple) deserve a FREE wedding!

Throughout our journey, our relationship was tested in many ways going away to college in 1993, my fathers passing in 1994 & my sisters passing in 2000. In 1999, Matt was shopping around for engagement rings & my family was hit with the most devastating news my 34 year old sister had cancer & had 4 months to live. This changed our whole lives. She has five beautiful boys whom she left under the care of my brother, my mother & me. This tragedy changed me as a person, changing what I felt was important in life. It was no longer moving forward with my career but rather life’s preciousness & family. On Sept. 9, 2000 in Disney, Matt proposed to me knowing marriage wasn’t in the near future, but rather his promise that he would be around forever. For the next 10 years my priority has been raising the boys. I am so lucky to have them in my life & amazed how much they have changed me & molded me into being a better person. We think we deserve the wedding of a lifetime.

http://www.dat-e-baseonline.com/fron...ID=26170&zx=50
Old 09-20-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
dogface_313

Default Re: Very deserving couple need your help!

Well, here's an update.
They won the overall vote count, however the station says there are irregularities to the voting process. For those of you who helped out, Thank you.