Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-04-2012, 09:56 AM   #61
kickerb

Default Re: Liga Privada Feral Flying Pig

Case and point, I pre-ordered a 5-er. A week or 2 ago, the Pigs when from on order to in stock on their website. I told my buddy and he then placed an order immediately. He put in an order for 3. He got his pigs in three days later.

I called them and they said i was just probably too far back in line to get my order shipped. BS. But who knows maybe they will get more from the distributor.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #62
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

That's the same line I got from them too, which is why I asked if anybody had gotten their order from them since I felt it was a B.S. line.
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:18 AM   #63
Beagleone
Feeling at Home

Trading: (18)
JL
Beagleone will become famous soon enough

I just saw these walk out the door five minutes after landing in Euless last night. They looked pretty though...
Old 01-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #64
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus2600 View Post
That's the same line I got from them too, which is why I asked if anybody had gotten their order from them since I felt it was a B.S. line.
I thought about pre-ordering from them but decided not to after seeing how many guys already posted about pre-ordering and in the back of my mind I figured they wouldn't get enough product to fill every order. Wasn't sure if they would tag the card prior to shipping so just in case I decided to hold on to my funds until I found a retailer who had them in hand so I would know I would be guaranteed the box. All the Liga dealers here sold out quick even those limiting them to 1 stick a person.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:56 AM   #65
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Co-worker picked one up for me from one of his friends that works at Anstead's in Fayetteville, gonna grab it from him tonight and probably end up smoking it tomorrow.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #66
irratebass
EMPEROR TOMPKINS

First Name: Mickey
Trading: (48)
ERdM
irratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to beholdirratebass is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear View Post
Co-worker picked one up for me from one of his friends that works at Anstead's in Fayetteville, gonna grab it from him tonight and probably end up smoking it tomorrow.
Awesome co-worker, congrats!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #67
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Been waiting 2 months for mine!!! Still nothing!
Old 01-05-2012, 11:30 AM   #68
Coop
Ever blow bubbles...

First Name: Scott
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
Coop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
Been waiting 2 months for mine!!! Still nothing!
Did they charge the credit card???
Old 01-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #69
DaBear
Have My Own Room

First Name: Bear
Trading: (26)
HdM
DaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the roughDaBear is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
Awesome co-worker, congrats!
Yea, I'm excited. My coworker hasn't had an LP before, but after hearing me rave about them and express my desire for us to get some in he got his friend to pick up 3 of em, 2 for himself 1 for me.
DaBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #70
GTsetGO
those were the droids

First Name: Rob
Trading: (5)
Montecristo
GTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura aboutGTsetGO has a spectacular aura about

I just grabbed the last two one of my local shops had on the shelf.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:42 PM   #71
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

Just saw it now but Podmancigars.com had 5 or 6 boxes this afternoon posted on Facebook but they are gone now. That was friggin' fast!
Old 01-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #72
Coop
Ever blow bubbles...

First Name: Scott
Trading: (1)
SCdlH
Coop is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoflex View Post
Just saw it now but Podmancigars.com had 5 or 6 boxes this afternoon posted on Facebook but they are gone now. That was friggin' fast!
That's what she said
Old 01-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #73
Cigar_Coop

An excellent Cigar!!!! An early frontrunner for my 2012 Cigar of the Year
Old 01-05-2012, 05:14 PM   #74
EricF
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Eric
Trading: (116)
RA
EricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to beholdEricF is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
Did they charge the credit card???
Not yet thankfully! I spoke to them today and they hope to have another shipment this month and since I have been waiting since November, I should be pretty high up on the list!!
Old 01-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #75
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityBoy View Post
I am so happy to have scored two of these! I would have bought a whole box but I was able to catch a local B&M on their last two sticks and quickly snatched them up!
You should have seen how happy Taki was just to get the empyt box

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Digs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:47 PM   #76
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

RA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
That's what she said
Doesn't matter, had sex.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #77
ssaka
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
ssaka is on a distinguished road

Would have replied sooner, but my account needed to be fixed - thanks Admin!

Quick Flying Pig History:

This odd shaped vitola was based on a cigar salesman sampler catalog from 1895 that I saw many years ago. Its fat, pudgy perfecto shape caught my interest, so it was a shape I always kept in mind as being one I would like to recreate. Not just for the novel visual it provided, but I knew it would be a blending and manufacturing challenge to make such a vitola an enjoyable smoke.

The first Flying Pig was released in late Y2009 in the LP No. 9 Blend - it was limited to approximately 2,500 boxes - the exact number was slightly lower after the cigars were color sorted, but all the 12-ct boxes were serialized with a handwritten #. There were about an extra 1,000 cigars that were retained in Nica that were roughly 1/8th inch shorter (long story), we have used these during cigar safaris, shared a few at events and have used once at a charity auction in a special 100-ct box. No #9 Flying Pigs have been made since.

The second Flying Pig was released in late Y2010 in the LP T52 blend - it was limited to approximately 3,500 boxes - again, final numbered was determined at the color sort tables and again each of the 12-ct boxes was serialized with a handwritten number. No T52 Flying Pigs have been made since.

The third Flying Pig release is the Feral Flying Pig and has just begun being delivered to retailers in December of Y2012. There will be batches delivered in January, February and March in large lots - in total about 4,500 boxes over the 4 month span. This release differs in the following ways: #1 - The size has been changed - this is a longer version making it less of a novelty shape, but rather an extra plump perfecto that has a better hand and mouth feel (imo), a cigar that most cigar smokers will enjoy spending 90 minutes with, #2 - This is a unique blend that was crafted for the cigar's new size - it is very robust liga (again imo) and was packaged under our Unico serie of Liga Privadas, #3 - Box count was changed from 12-ct to 10-ct, #4 - Box design was modified from the horizontal presentation to a custom scalloped tray SBN and #5 - These boxes were NOT serialized with handwritten numbers.

Unlike the FP releases before, this is not limited to the initial batch only. The reason for that is we internally love the cigar and its blend so much, we want to continue making it in the future on a continual, albeit very limited basis.

Hope this answers any questions anyone may have had.

BR,

Steve Saka
"the Management"
Prez, Drew Estate
ssaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #78
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Steve!
Old 01-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #79
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Great Info! Thanks!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #80
kickerb

Thanks Steve, great information there.