Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 07-24-2011, 07:31 PM   #61
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all
Default Re: Edgestar 28 just $99 in scratch & dent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I am gonna use the bottom shelf to keep my boxes out of any moisture that might accumulate, and it's all Tetris from there.
That's what I did....left that spot for beads, tetris with the rest. I'd recommend one shelf. It helps with the tetris.

I went with 3 shelves but I'm smoking out of mine. I'm betting you might not be near as often. (I'm guessing your good stuff goes in the edgestar)
Old 07-25-2011, 06:45 AM   #62
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

You're guessing right, but even that is a scary thing for me. I have been doing fine with ice chests, but this is new
ground for me. All the best items are going in the fridge, Sir Winstons, Esplendidos, siglo 6, Especiales, Medaille d'Ors,
SdCs, etc. That still leaves a ton of stuff in ice chests, and no small worry over the items in the edgestar, but
I am gonna mellow out and see how it goes.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #63
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Got mine today.

I just emailed them some photos. This to me is not merely cosmetic damage. I'm hoping they just replace the door.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #64
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

This was really the only other damage, and I'm not complaining about this part:

Old 07-25-2011, 01:02 PM   #65
GolfNut
Back in the woodshop!

First Name: Forrest
Trading: (38)
Partagas
GolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura aboutGolfNut has a spectacular aura about

The dent, yes, the door...WTF? Obviously damaged in route to you this time. They check them before they go out I believe.

I expect they'll make good on it.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:25 PM   #66
Drez
The Warden

First Name: Frank
Trading: (35)
Cohiba MarineCorps (Retired)
Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

I think they will make good Peter. Ca does test everything before it ships. For the time being did you try to fix the door? Seems like some glue could fix it up.

Was the box it came in damaged? Maybe that happened during shipping.

They aren't going to multiply....burn that b!tch!
Drez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 01:42 PM   #67
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

Packing box did have a ding in it.

I had it shipped to my work, so I haven't tried messing with it yet. I only took it out of the box to take a few pictures, and plugged it in to make sure it ran.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:58 PM   #68
Drez
The Warden

Drez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of lightDrez is a glorious beacon of light

If they send you a new door or if you can easily fix it and it cools not bad for 100 bucks.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:08 PM   #69
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

Exactly, Frank. Performance is my primary concern.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:12 PM   #70
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Let's see how the other brothers edgestars turn out.

I always thought about buying a S&D and then stacking 2 edgestars and having a custom built "cabinet" built around them. It would hide any imperfections.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:15 PM   #71
x man
Opus lover since 1995

First Name: X
Trading: (24)
Montecristo
x man will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Sorry to see this, my guess is they will make it all better.
Maybe give you a few options to choose from.
x man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #72
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Jackie
Trading: (10)
GodOfFire is on a distinguished road

OK an update on my experience. I found enough issues with mine after further investigations I wrote and email complaining, to give a full picture here is the email I sent them Sat. night.

To whom it may concern:

I first would like to say several days ago I was made aware that you had your 28 bottle Edgestar Wine cooler for sale for $99 on compactappliance.com. I ordered it immediately. Since then I told 4 of my buddies about this new prized possession that I was very excited to receive. On the site I did take notice of the over zealous disclaimer about dents on all panels of the product but was assured it worked properly. I was glad that it did work appropriately, I also was relieved that it was not dented all that bad.

I did notice that the cooler was very poorly packaged which caused concerns at first but upon first glance once I got it out of the box it looked fine. Then I noticed that the handle for the door is missing altogether. Well that was not part of the plan, I should have all parts. Then I noticed the inside was scratched up a great deal on the bottom of the wine cooler, I assumed I would just cover that with a chilling rack that I have. The back panel, has a major dent so I thought I could remove it then I realized that was covering the thermoelectric unit and wiring, but I also noticed that this was not the original wiring. I found this frustrating because I ordered a scratched and dented unit not a refurbished unit. The last straw was when I saw that the wine cooler was not setting level so I tipped up one side to adjust the legs on the bottom, that's when I noticed it's missing one of it's legs.

Listen owning a small business selling environmental products, we often discount products when damaged. However, at this time I have a product that was packaged completely improperly, missing major parts, appears to be refurbished and poorly done so. At this time I would like to offer a solution that is fair for your company and me so that we may keep a positive relationship. First I would be willing to take another unit sent to me that is scratched and/or dented not refurbished and is packaged adequately. Or I would also accept my 99.00 payment going toward a deeply discounted new unit if a scratched and dented unit is not available. Please let me know immediately which one of these options would work best for your company.
GodOfFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 06:11 PM   #73
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

I got a reply today saying, that they had no more scratched and dented units. They apologized and told me to feel free to dispose of my unit and they would promptly refund my 99 dollar immediately.

I may get a new edgestar but right now this puppy was FREE. Talk about turning a bad experience into a good one. Compact Appliance is first rate in my book.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:12 PM   #74
GodOfFire
Adjusting to the Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
Let's see how the other brothers edgestars turn out.

I always thought about buying a S&D and then stacking 2 edgestars and having a custom built "cabinet" built around them. It would hide any imperfections.
That would make for one very heavy cabinet!
Old 07-25-2011, 06:26 PM   #75
Drez
The Warden

They are great with costumer service. When I bought my "open box" unit I wrote them a email after a few days when I noticed that my status went from processing to backordered.

Not 45 minutes after I wrote a email I had a call from them explaining what happened. It turns out the unit I bought was the last one and while doing their testing prior to shipping they found out it wasn't cooling. To me it's nice to know that they actually did check it.

They quickly offered to either leave me on back order and the next unit is mine or they could discount a brand new one and shipp that same day. I said charge me the difference and call it a day.

Great people over there

Old 07-25-2011, 06:27 PM   #76
Drez
The Warden

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfFire View Post
That would make for one very heavy cabinet!

But it would be sweet!!!! Think of it as a shell for the fridges.

Old 07-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #77
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

LGC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodOfFire View Post
I got a reply today saying, that they had no more scratched and dented units. They apologized and told me to feel free to dispose of my unit and they would promptly refund my 99 dollar immediately.

I may get a new edgestar but right now this puppy was FREE. Talk about turning a bad experience into a good one. Compact Appliance is first rate in my book.
You have the same issues as I am, minus the wiring. At least, I haven't checked the wiring on mine yet. But mine is missing the handle and one of the legs as well. And my door is busted to SH*t.

Looks like I may email them again.
Posted via Mobile Device
pektel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:35 AM   #78
x man
Opus lover since 1995

Montecristo

I am getting water in my unit for the 1st time.
Any quick cures?
HELP
Old 07-26-2011, 08:53 AM   #79
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

haha, I KNEW I should have stayed on the sidelines....I was so happy there.
Then suddenly Sunday I was sitting there and my credit card just levitated out of my pocket
and flew through the air to the phone. I didn't want or need a S&D Edgestar28 and my weak mind
just cracked. But maybe my sitcho will be better than some of yours here. That's just sad, Peter.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 09:16 AM   #80
x man
Opus lover since 1995

Montecristo

I asked around and was told the excessive heat the past 2 weeks
is the cause to make it run a lot causing the water.
Needs to be kept in 77 degrees or less room temp.
Ive been shutting the AC off a lot.