Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #1
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

First Name: Týr
Trading: (8)
VR
LasciviousXXX has disabled reputation
Default Subsonic Server

I love music, I'm listening to it constantly throughout the day. Music pretty much dictates the speed and pace of whatever activity it is that I'm doing. That being said, I have a lot of music. And I am never able to fit my entire music library on any portable device. They just don't make them big enough. So I generally try to squeeze what I think I'll want to listen to into my paltry 32GB iPhone. However, it never fails that the specific song I want to listen to is not in my phone when I want to listen to it.

So I heard about this app that can stream your entire music library, no matter the size, to your iPhone via a server on your local machine. It also plays any type of file (FLAC,etc) that your iphone usually will not play. So I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Subsonic Servers or the app Z-Subsonic.

For me this is as close to cloud streaming as it gets. I would love to hear something good about these guys as it is a constant struggle for me to try and chop down my take along music list everyday.

Thx
LasciviousXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
the MacDonald
Grey beard, funky wierd

First Name: Joe
Trading: (9)
Trinidad
the MacDonald will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Subsonic Server

I haven't used subsonic before, but I used lala all the time untill apple bought it and closed it. Do you think it is a good replacement?
the MacDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

Not sure yet, haven't actually used it. Trying to get some opinions before I go through the process of actually setting it up.

I'm all for cloud technology though, if they can keep quality up at the same time.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:18 PM   #4
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Never heard about the Subsonic Server...might have to look into it. I love my 160GB Ipod classic...loaded to the gills with 38,000+ songs!!
Old 08-04-2010, 02:22 PM   #5
LasciviousXXX
Team of 11...Always

VR

I'm with you in that boat Mac. My music collection is at about 226GB's currently. They just don't make iPod's that big LOL