Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-07-2010, 11:43 PM   #21
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: I need advice from you parents

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb913 View Post
That's pretty close to my dad. "nothing comes good of guns". I just need to find a way to prove him wrong.
Maybe his thought is not wrong....for him. Make your case, then respect his decision while you live under his roof, even if you disagree with it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:21 AM   #22
ValorBali41
Weekend in Monaco

Trading: (0)
ValorBali41 is on a distinguished road

Tell him it will only be a range and hunting gun, and if he wants it to be, a home defense gun. Take the safety courses, and show that you can be responsible.

Also, tell your dad that you will buy a safety device: CLICK (Inexpensive yet effective) That only he will have the keys to. And tell him that you will store ammo in the garage in a lockbox as well which he will have the key to. Plus you won't have to buy a full safe.

Good Luck!
ValorBali41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:15 AM   #23
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough

It sounds like it's beyond the safety course that his parent's are against. It's just having guns in the house. Some people just don't want guns in the house like they don't want snakes on a plane, lol...

Even if you told your parents the guns would be partially disassembled, in a safe, with trigger locks, they would not go for it. You have to respect "their" rules.

The same can be said for many activities from sex to religion that may strike a dischord between generations.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:46 AM   #24
ValorBali41
Weekend in Monaco

Trading: (0)
ValorBali41 is on a distinguished road

You could keep it at the range or in a storage place. Or in a shed in your back yard. It isn't in his house then
ValorBali41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
TripleF
11/11/11 EPIC IV

First Name: Scott
Trading: (176)
TripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to beholdTripleF is a splendid one to behold

Colin -
Remember this.....A Man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still.

If you're Dad doesn't want anything to do with guns or you having them, there's nothing you can do to change his mind. Sorry, but that's the truth. You'll grasp this truth completely as your become more experienced in life.

Keep shooting when you can!!
TripleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:05 PM   #26
CigarNut
F*ck Cancer!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (111)
RA
CigarNut has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
...Make your case, then respect his decision while you live under his roof, even if you disagree with it.
This is really important. As Tom said, make your case. Use logic, don't whine. It should be a discussion, not an argument. Whether or not you get what you want, be sure to thank him for listening. Prove to him that you are a man, not a child. This will help you in any future discussions.

2 of 3 Requirements for use of the CA Rolodex: 100 posts/ 60 day membership/ participation in trade (trader rating). New members can be added at any time.
CigarNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 12:45 PM   #27
colinb913
Workin' at a Cigar Shop

First Name: Colin
Trading: (1)
Partagas
colinb913 is on a distinguished road

Well like I said me ax him were shooting yesterday out back, and he said he wants to do it again sometime soon. So things are going in the right direction.