Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 03-01-2022, 08:36 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Cigarmedics Humidimeter

So, this came in the mail this AM. I tested it on 2 cigars one which i knew would be too dry and one i knew was perfect. The dry cigar read 60% which is about what i expected and the cigar i knew which would be perfect was indeed perfect at 65%. so right now this little device is 2 for 2. I'll let you know if it gives me trouble but so far its a fairly easy device to operate. Turn it on and stick it into the foot of your cigar. an easy two step process. So that's about it. I think honestly they could've made this thing smaller and more compact but beyond that i have no gripes. Anyways, that's it for this little review. God bless you all!
Old 03-01-2022, 08:37 AM   #2
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cigarmedics Humidimeter

I have one of these. They are awesome.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 09:54 AM   #3
CigarSquid
AKA Garryyjr

First Name: Garry
Trading: (39)
CigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura aboutCigarSquid has a spectacular aura about

Do you really test each cigar before you smoke? Do you pass if to dry? Do you notice a huge difference from dry to wet?
Old 03-01-2022, 02:34 PM   #4
Wharf Rat
I'll get up and fly away

First Name: Bob
Trading: (7)
RA
Wharf Rat will become famous soon enoughWharf Rat will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarSquid View Post
Do you really test each cigar before you smoke? Do you pass if to dry? Do you notice a huge difference from dry to wet?
O ye of little faith. Just last night, i remarked to a friend that my Olivas were smoking much better at 62.3% RH, rather than 63.1. That's measured in the center, 1" in from the foot - the only correct measurement point.
Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:38 PM   #5
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Wow!!! I Thought I Was OCD!. Great Info I Was Not Aware Of.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 03:46 PM   #6
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

You Guys Are Bad For My Wallet. Just Bought One.
Old 03-02-2022, 11:58 AM   #7
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

The dryer cigar I tested was at 60% and had been in my humidor for some time which stays a constant 68% +/-2% and it smoked okay but you could tell it was just too dry plus burn issues whereas the cigar at 65% smoked and burned perfectly so there is something to this little device. My apologies to you wallets for those who purchased one. It is a nifty little device though! God bless you all!
Old 03-11-2022, 05:15 PM   #8
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Just Got Mine In, Today!. I Store & Rest The Majority Of My Cigars In Coolidors In Which I Use Boveda Packs To Keep The RH Around 67. Most Of My Cigars (Which I Had For A Good While) Tested In The Low 60's. Some You Could Feel Were A Little Hard & Dry And They Were 58-59! You Would Think If Your Calibrated Hygrometer Right Next To The Cigars Read 67, The Cigars Would Be, Too, But I Guess Not. Good Item To Have! Thanks For The Recommendation & Review, Jason!
Old 03-11-2022, 06:16 PM   #9
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

It's definitely a handy little device to have especially if you want to make sure you don't smoke something too soon plus it lets you know if your humidor is working properly. God bless you!
Old 03-12-2022, 04:42 PM   #10
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
It's definitely a handy little device to have especially if you want to make sure you don't smoke something too soon plus it lets you know if your humidor is working properly. God bless you!
True! How Do You Increase The RH On Those Dry Cigars? Maybe Put Them In A Separate Container With Higher RH Boveda Packs???
Old 03-12-2022, 05:39 PM   #11
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

If you're keeping your humidors at a RH of 65% then I'd put them in a separate container sealed at 70% and check every couple of weeks on your progress. I keep a couple tubes of 70% beads just for these occasions. Thankfully i do not have many cigars anymore that aren't spot on. God bless you!
Old 03-12-2022, 05:42 PM   #12
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
If you're keeping your humidors at a RH of 65% then I'd put them in a separate container sealed at 70% and check every couple of weeks on your progress. I keep a couple tubes of 70% beads just for these occasions. Thankfully i do not have many cigars anymore that aren't spot on. God bless you!
Thanks For The Advice, Jason!
Old 03-14-2022, 06:24 PM   #13
longknocker
Postwhore

Cohiba

Jason: This Is Worth The Money, Brother! I Picked Up An AJ Fernandez Stick Out Of My Humi That Felt Perfect To The Touch. It Measured 64% Humidity. Smoked & Burned Perfectly!