Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-18-2022, 03:35 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default The joy of cigars

A good cigar can be the difference between a good day and a great day. A good cigar can also take a bad day and make it better. I've smoked cigars worth $50 and cigars worth $1 and found equal enjoyment in both. A well blended cigar has a bit of sparkle and magic to it like a well blended whiskey. I find myself enjoying reading the recipes and the techniques used to blend a particular cigar. It's all part of the mystery and magic.

After a hard days work or just a hard day a cigar can bring immense relief to a wearied brain while also putting everything into a perspective. It’s a mystery to me that fermented tobacco, rolled into a cylindrical shape and burned at one end can help settle spiritual matters in ones life. I’ve found myself praying while smoking and Blessing the name of The Lord. I’m not one to just dismiss this out of hand. There is something to this hobby of ours that takes us into deeper spiritual matters.

This “thing of ours” has also bonded complete strangers across the world to become friends. We’re so eager to share in this social hobby that we send each other cigars in the mail just for the pure joy of it. I’ve found myself praying every single day for brothers i’ve only met here. When the time permits and we do get to finally meet up it’s also an immediate brotherhood all over a simple cigar.

Cigars aren’t magic at all. It’s simple fermentation but the experiences they can create can seem quite magical. So, the next time you light up and find yourself pondering deeper spiritual matters just remember to give credit where it’s due and give thanks to God for making tobacco.
Old 02-18-2022, 03:36 PM   #2
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The joy of cigars

Sorry guys i wrote an essay last night while smoking a cigar and put my thoughts down. Hopefully it's not too cheesy for you and you enjoy it. God bless you all!
Old 02-18-2022, 03:40 PM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I enjoy reading almost everything you write these days Jason. Very inspiring.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 03:42 PM   #4
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I enjoy reading almost everything you write these days Jason. Very inspiring.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 03:46 PM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

Bolivar

Thank you guys! I love writing and most of the time just keep it all to myself but i couldn't help myself last night. I guess i just felt a little inspired. While in college my professors always gave me good grades but i think they hated me secretly because they'd ask for a 500 word essay and i'd show up with a 5000 word essay (not joking) Thankfully this was a quick one. Thanks again for your kind words guys! God bless you!
Old 02-18-2022, 03:50 PM   #6
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
Thank you guys! I love writing and most of the time just keep it all to myself but i couldn't help myself last night. I guess i just felt a little inspired. While in college my professors always gave me good grades but i think they hated me secretly because they'd ask for a 500 word essay and i'd show up with a 5000 word essay (not joking) Thankfully this was a quick one. Thanks again for your kind words guys! God bless you!
I'm Just The Opposite, Jason!. Always Did Terrible On Essay Tests. Couldn't Think Of Anything To Write. Multiple Choice Was My Bag! God Bless You, My Friend!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote