Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 05-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #21
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Flavored VS non flavored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEZn00ts View Post
Well I started with what a LOT of people started with. ACID cigars. I had my wife buy me some C Note cigarellos from them and they were great, stepped up to the Blondies and the Blondie Moduro... I had an amazing time smoking the regular Blondie and I like the Maduro a lot as well too.
IIRC, aren't the Blondies a more full bodied ("stronger") cigar?

And, FWIW, there is nothing artificial in ACID cigars, all the flavors are infused from natural oils - kind of like aromatherapy, but with rooms full of hanging tobacco leaves.

Quote:
Also, are all Arturo Fuentes sweet tipped?
I don't recall any Fuente cigars having sweetened tips, I think that Darren was just offering a suggestion for a company that produces quality cigars regardless of the price point, unlike some manufacturers where their low cost cigars can be just dumping grounds.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #22
DEZn00ts
What? I didn't catch that

First Name: Xavier
Trading: (0)
DEZn00ts is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
IIRC, aren't the Blondies a more full bodied ("stronger") cigar?

And, FWIW, there is nothing artificial in ACID cigars, all the flavors are infused from natural oils - kind of like aromatherapy, but with rooms full of hanging tobacco leaves.

I don't recall any Fuente cigars having sweetened tips, I think that Darren was just offering a suggestion for a company that produces quality cigars regardless of the price point, unlike some manufacturers where their low cost cigars can be just dumping grounds.
Well I looked up the Blondies and they say they are medium strength. They were an amazing smoke for me. Yea I haven't had the experience of a good non flavored cigar. Kinda scared to even try one now after the experience I had with the Cheapo Pure Meyhems, but you get what you pay for! I will keep those Arturo Fuentes in mind though after I get my order of Juan Y Ramons to see how I like those. Those Baccarats are a must for me though.
DEZn00ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:49 AM   #23
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I got a friend of mine started on cigars with Baccarat. I think you'll like them.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #24
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
I got a friend of mine started on cigars with Baccarat. I think you'll like them.
Did he eventually go on to enjoying non flavored? The ones I'm looking at have a sweet tip.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:10 AM   #25
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Did he eventually go on to enjoying non flavored? The ones I'm looking at have a sweet tip.
Yea. Although he's not the degenerate I am.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:50 AM   #26
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainsaw13 View Post
Yea. Although he's not the degenerate I am.
LOL we all can't be the good guy.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:19 PM   #27
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
THIS.

Take suggestions - sure - but in the end, smoke what you like without apologies to anyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
massphatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:20 PM   #28
CEC_Tech
Old CS Gorilla

First Name: Armando
Trading: (5)
RyJ
CEC_Tech is on a distinguished road

Baccarats are pretty good, never had the Maduro. If you're still into flavored cigars, CAO makes some pretty good ones. I think you'll find as your taste changes you'll start to move away from them. I still like 'em from time to time. Havana Honeys are a nice little smoke and so are miami suites. They also work fine for when you're at a barbecue with new folks you don't know and wanna make sure the Aroma is sweet.

Welcome to the Asylum!
CEC_Tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 12:37 PM   #29
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post
THIS.

Take suggestions - sure - but in the end, smoke what you like without apologies to anyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yea I think I am one of the rare ones who will like flavored cigars more then anything. I'm smoking the Pure Meyhems which have really good reviews but to me... It's not my style, I like bold flavors and this thing is just not hitting that itch for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEC_Tech View Post
Baccarats are pretty good, never had the Maduro. If you're still into flavored cigars, CAO makes some pretty good ones. I think you'll find as your taste changes you'll start to move away from them. I still like 'em from time to time. Havana Honeys are a nice little smoke and so are miami suites. They also work fine for when you're at a barbecue with new folks you don't know and wanna make sure the Aroma is sweet.

Welcome to the Asylum!
Thanks and I am gonna have to check those out, haven't seen Havana Honeys or Miami Suites, got some research to do. CAO are the obvious second to ACID so those are a given i will definitely be buying a box of those sooner or later.
Old 05-12-2018, 12:40 PM   #30
DEZn00ts

And to add, this cigar seems to have a better "flavor" when I get halfway. Why is that? I can taste black coffee and a nice mellow tobacco flavor. The tobacco in these things are not bad at all!
Old 05-12-2018, 02:39 PM   #31
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

If you like the flavor of Captain Morgan rum you'll like Trader Jack's lonsdales. 1.00 to 2.00 bucks each they're a bargain. Auction sites have them cheapest.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:59 AM   #32
HighSierraSmokin
Keep Smilin'

First Name: Matt
Montecristo
HighSierraSmokin is on a distinguished road

Fuentes are not flavored or sweet tipped. Any Drew Estate infused cigar is the best choice. Acid, Larutan aka Natural, and the Tabak. Drew Estate has these smokes dialed in and they're amazing. I prefer the Larutan English, but all the Larutans are incredible. Most of Drew Estates infused cigars are sweet tipped and top shelf quality(IMO). Enjoy!
Old 05-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #33
HighSierraSmokin
Keep Smilin'

First Name: Matt
Montecristo
HighSierraSmokin is on a distinguished road

...and the Drew Estate Java's essential flavored smokes. The Java Mint is my fav, but the Latte, Maduro, and Red are excellent as well.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:20 PM   #34
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighSierraSmokin View Post
Fuentes are not flavored or sweet tipped. Any Drew Estate infused cigar is the best choice. Acid, Larutan aka Natural, and the Tabak. Drew Estate has these smokes dialed in and they're amazing. I prefer the Larutan English, but all the Larutans are incredible. Most of Drew Estates infused cigars are sweet tipped and top shelf quality(IMO). Enjoy!
Yea I realized that I'm a huge fan of Drew Estate, like most people who like their cigars. It is one of the most popular brands of cigars after all. My next purchase was gonna be Tabak's and Acid Blondies But I'm gonna get some Liga Undercrowns instead of the Tabaks. I already own a Few Kuba Kubas, Natural(Larutan) Dirts, Subcultures, Blondie Maduro and a few others. Drew Estate does magic with their cigars.
Old 05-21-2018, 05:55 PM   #35
ValorBali41
Weekend in Monaco

ValorBali41 is on a distinguished road

you may want to try Rocky Patel The Edge. Ive had em for as little as $4 a smoke, and they are super smooth, good Connecticut tobacco. Really rich flavors of vanilla and cream
Old 05-21-2018, 06:34 PM   #36
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Edge Is A Good "Regular" Smoke To Start With.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:03 PM   #37
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yea I realized that I'm a huge fan of Drew Estate, like most people who like their cigars. It is one of the most popular brands of cigars after all. My next purchase was gonna be Tabak's and Acid Blondies But I'm gonna get some Liga Undercrowns instead of the Tabaks. I already own a Few Kuba Kubas, Natural(Larutan) Dirts, Subcultures, Blondie Maduro and a few others. Drew Estate does magic with their cigars.
If you're picking up some Undercrowns, the Corona Viva is by far the tastiest size IMNSHO. It's one of those smokes that I always have on hand; they're just a damned good smoke.
Old 05-21-2018, 10:25 PM   #38
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post
If you're picking up some Undercrowns, the Corona Viva is by far the tastiest size IMNSHO. It's one of those smokes that I always have on hand; they're just a damned good smoke.
I agree with James, easily the tastiest of the Undercrowns for my money.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:30 AM   #39
DEZn00ts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porch Dweller View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I agree with James, easily the tastiest of the Undercrowns for my money.
What do you guys think about the robusto?
Old 05-22-2018, 06:09 AM   #40
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What do you guys think about the robusto?
It's a good smoke. But not as tasty as the Corona Viva.