Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 04-22-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road
Default Cigar Lounge Review: The Mark, Portland, Oregon

I never post reviews of cigars or lounges, but my great experience today made me write this.

Oregon has strict smoking laws: no smoking in bars, or really any business. One of the exceptions is "Cigar Bars". If I understand correctly, these are establishments that made a large percentage of there income from the sale of cigars prior to the passage of the smoking ban.

The Mark is located in the Shiloh Inn on Canyon RD. The Portland Herd Crew meets up here each month.

When you first pull up to the hotel you wonder what the heck your doing. The Shiloh is not a high end hotel like The Benson. You really start to worry what you are in for. But, once you go up the stairs and open the "sports den bar" doors, you walk into a slice if heaven. All dark wood, a beautiful area that just feels great when you walk in.

I came in on a Sunday at around 5:30, and enjoyed the happy hour: Kobe beef burger, sea salt garlic fries, and Gorgonzola fries. Of course I threw in 2 pomagrante mojito.

The staff was great to me. The manager Shawna (sp? ) was teaching a new server, Miranda, about the menu. I asked about the food and history of the restersunt/bar, and Shawna answered all of my questions and even ordered me a special sea scallop that they just added to the menu (free of charge). Miranda was extremely helpful and loved learning about cigars, lighters, and all about our great hobby.

The bar has two large air cleaners that keep the place smoke free. They also have a good assortment of cigars (supplied by Broadway Cigars I think). I enjoyed a FFP and T110 that I brought with me. No pressure to buy a cigar or anything like that.

I cannot recommend enough this place. I spent a good 3 hours here and never wanted to leave.
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:06 PM   #2
racerX
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: john
Trading: (0)
racerX is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cigar Lounge Review: The Mark, Portland, Oregon

Good review. Good place. Go beavs
racerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
Dukeuni
RIP CS

Trading: (32)
RA
Dukeuni is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cigar Lounge Review: The Mark, Portland, Oregon

Sorry about the misspellings, I wrote that out on my phone while sitting in the bar- bad idea.
Dukeuni is offline   Reply With Quote