Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 01-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #1
19thHole

Default Cigar Friendly Locations in San Antonio?

I am going to San Antonio for business for a week and I am looking for places that are cigar friendly. Ideally, I am looking for places that allow cigars either inside or outside, possibly along the riverwalk? I will be in the convention center area. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cigar Friendly Locations in San Antonio?

Matt, you can always try out this web site for locations to cities that you travel to:

http://www.cigarplaces.com/

A great feature of this web page is you can enter B&M's that you enjoy and then others can also enjoy on down the road.

Just type in "San Antonio, TX" and I know one location will pop up with its own web page to peruse. Finck Cigar Company and retail store is also located in San Antonio:

http://www.finckcigarcompany.com/

Have a great trip
Old 01-29-2009, 05:08 AM   #3
mikeyj23
Feeling at Home

First Name: Michael
Trading: (10)
HUpmann
mikeyj23 will become famous soon enough

I go to SA annually for a conference at the convention center over Valentine's day weekend (Feb 12-14) - the two standout places I've made it to in past years are C.I.G.A.R. (great selection, great employees, great lounge in the back) and the Cigar Club (big place, great bar, big/decent humi, often live music). This year I hope to make it to Finck and Club Cohiba at the Havana Riverwalk Inn.
mikeyj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
19thHole

This trip is getting closer (next month) Club Cohiba is a place I would like to try to make it to. Does anyone know how cigar friendly the places along the riverwalk are? I'd like to find a nice watering hole with a patio that I can smoke on without people looking at me.

Are the places you mention above on or near the riverwalk?
Old 04-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #5
MarkinAZ
Formerly MarkinOR

First Name: Mark
Trading: (40)
Navy (Served With Honor)
MarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to beholdMarkinAZ is a splendid one to behold

On the Riverwalk, there still should be located the "Hard Rock" Cafe. Very near to the Hard Rock and up on the second level is a place called "Martini's". I visited here with a few others while attending a week long seminar in SA. They have a cigar menu which you can choose some overpriced cigars from, and a large area with tables outside "Martini's" which you can drink and smoke. I had a Guiness and an overpriced Montecristo when I visited. It was relaxing and I didn't feel like I had a bunch of eyeballs staring at me too...