Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-23-2011, 11:06 PM   #1
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough
Default Life went from pause to Fast Forward

I have to apologize for this long and somewhat pointless post. Its one of those post that when you start to read it you ask yourself why this guy is throwing all of this out here in public for all to see. I guess the reason I am writing it is, I have found more than a few people that even though I have not met many in person yet I would still call them friends. Guys who have walked the lines I have and have info I could use. The opposite holds true and that is there may be others that are where I am at and just do not know whats next.

I have really missed this place for the last few weeks. I may not be a total postaholic but I do enjoy reading most of what has been written since I last left. Between the multiple hobby's everyone has, the entrepreneurial types who go all in and find a niche product and make true works of art, amnd then of course there are the reviews of cigars and the interbombing of one and other. I have been able to find a few min day to day where I manage to hop on a check the new posts for a few min on a mobile divice while waiting in some waiting area somewhere. I was able to even find a couple of BOTLs to trade or sell a couple of the WMDs after I missed out on the buy when I was stuck away from communication for a few days. I have half attempted to get involved and make a post or two but most time I just speed read through as much as I can. Even that 10 min has a huge effect on my day. Its like walking into a B&M and not being able to stay for a smoke but you still listen to the conversation going on. One of my favorite topics here is the NST. I love the NST and seeing how those new to the board begin to get indoctrinated here and find their own little corner of the interweb. I have never really understood the forum brotherhood even though I have been a member a various forums. Thanks to the stand up ToE as well as all the inmates here I have learned that meaning of the brotherhood found in cigar forums (some more then other)

We have finally settled on the Wedding date that being May 14th with a Church wedding on the 13th. We are doing most of this ourselves so it is a pain in the ass. I quickly saw that good communication is key ones idea of a small wedding can be very different that another. I will leave that there otherwise this will become a rant!

God bless uncle Sam they started movement on my med board at the same time we are doing this. So I am stuck between 10 and 25 appointments a week at various doctors and therapists. A few benefits of the med board is while at PT (physical Therapy I was introduced to a company that has a machine that allows my foot to pick up and move. (I guess I have not told many of you but the reason I am getting boarded(med retired we hope now) is that I broke my back and had some nerve damage causing drop foot and severe lack of sensation in my right leg). So got this devices info and had my insurance get working on it and now I have started walking without a limp for short periods of a time. I wanted nothing more that to finish my career and retire but there is something out there I am meant to do so I am looking for that now.

I have started reading What color is your parachute and other job hunting books. I have sent letters to colledges as well as researched different degree programs online. I never expected to be here. Married with kids and suddenly feel like I am a senior in High school trying to figure out what Im going to do when I grow up . I have hid from grown up life doing a job I loved and was proud to do. Physically that can not happen or I will do more damage then I could live with. So now I am searching for the next chapter and the help I have already gotten here was been great. Anyone out there who has started new and has any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for the short story on Easter morning so with that said Happy Easter and thanks for reading. I think I really had to just get that off my chest.

Thanks for your time if you made it this far.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #2
Zeuceone
You're next

First Name: G
Trading: (16)
LGC
Zeuceone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Life went from pause to Fast Forward

good luck to you and to a speedy recovery, my friend.
Zeuceone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 11:35 PM   #3
Giant & 49er Fan
Formerly known as RPguy

First Name: Jaime
Trading: (35)
Bolivar
Giant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura aboutGiant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura aboutGiant & 49er Fan has a spectacular aura about

Happy Easter to you and the Family Frank. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:58 PM   #4
Zeuceone
You're next

LGC

good luck to you and to a speedy recovery, my friend.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:10 AM   #5
Bunker
New hardware installed.

First Name: Rick
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Bunker will become famous soon enoughBunker will become famous soon enough

Good luck, if you find that rewind button let me know
Old 04-24-2011, 07:41 AM   #6
pnoon
YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation

Frank
I am a firm believer that, in life, when one door closes another will open. Keep looking for that door, do not hesitate to lean on your family (including your CA family) for love and support, and you will eventually find your next calling.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:44 AM   #7
hotreds
Ephesians 2:8

Trading: (63)
Bolivar
hotreds has disabled reputation

Thank you for your service and sacrifice, sincere prayer sent for a wonderful future; may the rest of your life be the best of your life, brother!
Old 04-24-2011, 07:50 AM   #8
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Like Peter said,we are family here.If you or anyone feels a need to get something off their chest,we are here to listen and interject when asked.
That's what family does.

It sounds like you have the right attitude and we're all behind you.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 08:53 AM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Prayers offered for a full recovery, Frank, and gratitude for your Service. Have a blessed Easter.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:02 PM   #10
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

Thank you all much for the prayers and kind words. Had a great Easter. Smoked some great cigars as I smoked some great meat. Now its time to crash. Hope everyones Easter was well relaxed and enjoyed with family.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:37 AM   #11
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought and prayers sent for a full & speedy recovery and for taking the "next step" in your career path.

But you know the drill Frank...once a Soldier, always a Soldier!!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #12
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

In this economy, there is but one thing to do, especially with dark clouds circling for a bigger dip downwards.
In these type situations, people who are going to succeed in tough times are "making their own jobs". They are
taking things they are good at or hobbies they enjoy and trying their best to figure out a way to have people
pay them money to do it. Most of those books just show you how to stand out from the crowd with time-
tested ideas that were already old when they went to print. They do not necessarily work when the entire
world is vying for the same job you are. That said, maybe you have already considered all the things you are
good at and figured the job market was the best place for you, I don't know. But it's time to look at your skill
set and do some creative thinking.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 AM   #13
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Always move forward, Frank. Keep your attitudes and goals positive, an open mind for opportunities outside the normal boxes, and don't forget that it is possible to find another career that you will enjoy as much as you felt at home and satisfied in the service.
Good luck!
Old 04-25-2011, 08:32 AM   #14
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about

Frank, I'm right there with you brother, this forum isn't just an internet chat device, it really is a brotherhood of friends that can really brighten your day. Good luck with your recovery and figuring out what you want to do career-wise. It will work out and you're in my prayers
Old 05-13-2011, 12:40 AM   #15
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

The wedding at the church tonight at 6. Thanks to all my CA brothers out there for the well wishes. I will be lighting up some great cigars after the wedding tonight. Tomorrow we have the big ceremony and reception. Keep us in your prayers.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #16
Zeuceone
You're next

LGC

Hope all goes as planned, Frank.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:13 AM   #17
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

Good-luck and congratulations!
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote