Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project of the Day : Impending Stuff

I haven't finished anything in the last few months cause I've been so crippled up, and so busy with paperwork, but I have a couple nummies in cue.

This is a great big Mystic cooler I got for nothing. It's going to be filled with drawers on full glides, and maybe even pocket drawers and a central display area.
I'm going to cover the entire unit unit with sassafras and do some serious coping and molding to make it incredibly swanky.
It'll be incredible.
It'll displace my wine cooler and give me lots more space. Much wider and deeper drawers, plus infinate control of the humidity and temperature.
The whole bottom section will be used for a passive/active humidification system of my design. It will be built from Spanish Cedar to get some good cedar stink in there. It should keep the unit 100% stable even when it's cooling.

This is a project that's been languishing on my bench while I lay on the couch all day. It's an oak skinned thermoelectric with full glide drawers and a glass front.
It already holds perfect temp and humidity. The sides and top are done, I just need to finish the front. It's so intricate and so difficult that I haven't laid finger to it for over a month.
The only things that need finished are the door skinning, spanish cedar drawer lining, tons of sanding, and finish.
It's a prototype, and I hope to build one more now that I got all the bugs worked out and I've figured out how to skin it a lot easier. When it's finished, it will be incredible. It's gonna live by my desk till I get the big Mystic cooler done.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
Darrell

Default Re: Project of the Day : Impending Stuff

You really are a crafty MF, Scott.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Looks like some fun projects Scott. I wish I had your talents.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #4
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Looks like some fun projects Scott. I wish I had your talents.
"IN BED"....oh wait..does that only work while reading fortune cookies?

great stuff scott..I need to start doing that stuff too...but dammit I got no skillz.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #5
BC-Axeman

I would wish that I had your time except that is one of those "careful what you wish for" wishes. I remember last time.

I love the commercial cooler idea. Another thing to watch craigslist for.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
BC-Axeman

Haha! I just looked on craigslist and found a cooler just like that with a different name for $600 asking price!
I think I would rather get $600 more worth of cigars.
Old 07-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #7
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about

Nice ideas, Scott!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures when they are both finished!!

Old 07-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

That is going to be awesome when it's done! We want pics of the finished project.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:15 AM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman View Post
Haha! I just looked on craigslist and found a cooler just like that with a different name for $600 asking price!
I think I would rather get $600 more worth of cigars.
The guy had a lobster tank, too. I tried to get both the cooler and the lobster tank. They said the lobster tank was going out to the airport.
It took awhile to get in touch with this guy, but when I finally got him on the phone he said he didn't know if it works or not.
I told him that means nothing, I'm making a humidor out of it.
He said "heck yeah, you can have it."
Me and sofaman went and picked it up the same night before he changed his mind.
I can fix any part of it to make it go just the way it's supposed to. When I was a kid, I drove around drinking coffee, fixing them all day long.
I just fixed one a couple years ago for a buddy of mine that has a bar/restaurant. I was the fifth guy to work on it. It was miswired from the factory and no one could figure it out, just kept writing bills and making excuses.
Last time I saw him he said it was still flawless after five years of being broke and/or out of service.
They ain't brain surgery, that's for sure. Just speaks to the quality of techs out here in the sticks. Thank God I never have to call anyone to fix anything.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:18 AM   #10
marge796
It Just Doesn’t Matter!!!

First Name: Chris
Trading: (28)
Cuaba Navy (Served With Honor)
marge796 will become famous soon enough

Can't wait to see the finished product.

Chris.....
Old 07-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #11
gettysburgfreak
Patriot

Trading: (2)
RA
gettysburgfreak will become famous soon enoughgettysburgfreak will become famous soon enough

**** dude those are awesome. That thermoelectric is freaking cool
Old 07-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #12
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

That's gonna be an awesome humidor Scott.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #13
cort
◤◢◣◥

First Name: Gary
Trading: (41)
cort has disabled reputation

Cant wait to see a finished product Scott.

Keep on Rockin
cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

I think I'll get some shop time in tomorrow. Today was bead day. I finally made a ton of beads. Took all day. Now I just gotta get them out the door.