Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-01-2008, 03:18 PM   #1
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about
Default Davidoff # 2 Tubo

Grabbed this one last week in a sampler and today had an hour to kill so I figures as this is a smaller RG than I am normally used to, why not.

Prelight draw was free but not a heck of alot of flavor going on. The cigar however was a beauty. Opened up very mild and bland with no spice.The ash dropped right in my lap after about a half inch and then some subtle hints of coffee came in with some cedar but again, it was quite subtle.

Around the halfway mark, the cigar picked up a little fuller body. The burn was perfect and the plumes of smoke were plentifull just not as full flavored as I would like.. This flavor profile held firm through the rest of the stick, never hot, spicy or bitter.

All in all this was enjoyable as it was my first Davidoff. It was a bit too mild for me. I would give this a round a 6. It could possibly be a 6.5 or 7 as a morning coffee smoke if the price was not outrageous.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Davidoff #2 tubo-1.jpg (93.5 KB, 382 views)
File Type: jpg Davidoff #2 tubo-2.jpg (96.4 KB, 382 views)