Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-04-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
tengel78

Default Choosing a box for an upcoming baby

I recently found out that my wife is pregnant and I thought it would be cool to buy a special box of cigars and I could have one on the kids birthday every year up until their 20th. I will also probably buy another box of different cigars to give out to friends and family.
Has anyone ever done this? Have any suggestions on what I should buy?
Old 02-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Choosing a box for an upcoming baby

Any cigar can be special as long as you enjoy it, with age you should enjoy it THAT much more. I found out the day after xmas that me and my girlfriend are expecting my first child and her her second. I am picking up a cab of PSD #4's I will smoke one a year until they are old enough to enjoy and hopefully pass the tradition on to them with their first. With the 50 Cab the kid will have some pretty epic smokes to pass to their child.

Got so excited to post I forgot my manners lol! Congrats on the new one I have been completely psyched about mine but minutely terrified as well. From what the fathers on here have been telling me they are an absolute joy to your life which I expected from the beginning.

Last edited by Poronico; 02-04-2012 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Forgot my manners :P
Poronico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Congrats on the baby!!! Get something good to smoke
Old 02-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #4
tengel78

Thanks guys!

Jesse, Congrats to you! I found out right after New Years and I went through a brief period of terror as well Mostly sticker shock from the price of daycare and everything else. We are both very excited though as it will be the first for both of us.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
SteelCityBoy
7th Heaven Will Commeth!!

First Name: Ken
Trading: (21)
Bolivar
SteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura aboutSteelCityBoy has a spectacular aura about

I have no experience in the baby area of things but that idea sounds really cool. I would say pick out a box of something that you really like but make sure it is something special and that ages well and that you can really sit back and enjoy while reflecting on each year gone by.

For some reason I would think along the lines of getting a great box of CC's that you like (if you do, and if you can) and go with something along those lines. But the beauty of it all is that it's up to you!

Congrats and no matter what you pick....ENJOY!
SteelCityBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
mase
Undead Recruiter

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (9)
Cohiba
mase will become famous soon enoughmase will become famous soon enough

Congrats, guys! I'm in the same boat. My wife is due in April and I've thinking about getting a nice box of cigars for the event. I have a box in mind and now I just have to pull the trigger.

Now you have me thinking that maybe I should get a CAB. Just another example of this slippery slope...
Old 02-04-2012, 03:48 PM   #7
tengel78

Congrats Kevin! A CAB is an excellent idea. A box of CC's is probably not an option for me right now since I don't have the ability to get them. I think I'm just going to have to start sampling for the next several months so I can find something excellent.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #8
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tengel78 View Post
Congrats Kevin! A CAB is an excellent idea. A box of CC's is probably not an option for me right now since I don't have the ability to get them. I think I'm just going to have to start sampling for the next several months so I can find something excellent.
Sounds like an excellent plan, Tyler, might find a bunch of things you like doing it this way. Congrats on the upcoming blessed event!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:54 PM   #9
cjhalbrooks
I am behind you. SHHHHH

First Name: Cory
Location: Under a Bridge, trying to find the troll who stole my soul.
Trading: (20)
Montecristo Army (Active)
cjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutcjhalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

1st Congrats
2nd I would pick somthing that you love..
3rd If you are going to smoke one of these cigars with your child then make sure its not to strong because you don't want the first time to be a kick in the teeth for him or her.

GMCGTPWHAF Tennessee Chapter. Down with the bloody BIG HEAD
cjhalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the upcoming new addition to the family.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
maninblack
Will smoke for food

First Name: Kevin
Trading: (80)
Partagas
maninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to beholdmaninblack is a splendid one to behold

Congrats! I bought a box of DPG Series JJ Little Robusto's. I wanted Padron Anni's but they were a little pricey.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:40 PM   #12
Fordman4ever
Redneck driving a ricer!!

First Name: Earl
Trading: (26)
HUpmann AirForce (Active)
Fordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the roughFordman4ever is a jewel in the rough

Congrats Tyler, we just had our first and I bought these to give out to friends.

ITS A GIRL CIGARS
Old 02-04-2012, 08:36 PM   #13
BHalbrooks
Have My Own Room

First Name: B
SP CoastGuard (Active)
BHalbrooks has a spectacular aura aboutBHalbrooks has a spectacular aura about

Have you tried either the Perdomo Habano or Perdomo 10th Anniversary with Champagne? If you haven't, try them, especially the 10th Anniversary.

If my Fiancee told me that she was pregnant, I'd start looking for a cheap box of either that I mentioned.
BHalbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:41 PM   #14
goomer

Congrats! That's a great idea. I've never heard of it before but I bet it catches on.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:21 PM   #15
Digs
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Dennis
Trading: (17)
Digs will become famous soon enough

Congrats! I would go with FFP's

A gun in your hand is better then a cop on the phone
Digs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #16
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by goomer View Post
Congrats! That's a great idea. I've never heard of it before but I bet it catches on.
I wouldn't bet against it.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:38 PM   #17
tengel78

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHalbrooks View Post
Have you tried either the Perdomo Habano or Perdomo 10th Anniversary with Champagne? If you haven't, try them, especially the 10th Anniversary.

If my Fiancee told me that she was pregnant, I'd start looking for a cheap box of either that I mentioned.
Those both look good. The 10th Anniversary Maduro looks tasty as well. I have not had the opportunity to try a Perdomo yet, so I guess that give me a good excuse.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:15 AM   #18
Poronico
Teh Forever Noob

First Name: Jesse
Bolivar
Poronico will become famous soon enoughPoronico will become famous soon enough

If you have the extra loot laying around I would highly recommend the Padron Anniversary Series. I am personally a huge fan of the 45th, they are an amazing medium full with lots of cocoa and sweet notes. With some age they will certainly mellow out and become a godly cigar, but they usually retail for $25-$30 or so a stick so a box will certainly run you...
Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #19
JenksAnejo
Thunder Up

First Name: Jarrod
Trading: (51)
Partagas
JenksAnejo has a spectacular aura aboutJenksAnejo has a spectacular aura about

The 45s are definitely a nice cigar, but those only come in boxes of 12 correct? If you are looking for a real nice cigar I would recommend the Ashton VSG's. In my experience these cigars age extremely well; however, you need to pick something you like. Try some different things before the baby is born because you still have time! Good luck!!
JenksAnejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #20
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

If the manufacturer uses them, see if you can get a box with a box code the same month/year as the birth of your baby.

Congrats to you and your wife.