Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-13-2016, 08:55 AM   #1
TXRebel
Have My Own Room

First Name: Cary
Trading: (12)
TXRebel has disabled reputation
Default Cuban Paradise Cigar & Cafe, St Pete

Anyone smoked any of the Cuban Paradise house blends? Review, thoughts?
Old 02-13-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cuban Paradise Cigar & Cafe, St Pete

Can't say I have but the place looks pretty cool, well not the 60 rg generation of cigars. Thanks for posting!
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

First Name: Tom
Trading: (63)
Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

are there box prices?
sigsauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 03:49 PM   #4
Ogre
****CENSORED****

First Name: Larry
Trading: (46)
Montecristo
Ogre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant futureOgre has a brilliant future

Nothing special, the area is full of mom and pop rollers. Can't say I was impressed.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:33 PM   #5
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Partagas
sigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura aboutsigsauer has a spectacular aura about

the limited editions are awesome looking!
Old 02-14-2016, 05:07 PM   #6
sigsauer
Have My Own Room

Partagas

I tried to place an order 2 x on the site......cc would not go thru...
I gave up!
Old 02-15-2016, 04:43 AM   #7
Tio Gato
Uncle Kitty

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (11)
Partagas
Tio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really niceTio Gato is just really nice

I bought about a dozen or so there. It's a cool place to visit. First impression was they were not bad, not great. After a couple years of resting the maduros were very good. However, even at the sale price, I wouldn't buy any again.

If you're looking for something made in FL take a look at the El Original rolled in Key Largo.http://www.islandsmokeshop.com
Old 02-15-2016, 06:31 PM   #8
Throb
Out of the Ocean!

First Name: Michael
Trading: (0)
HUpmann
Throb is on a distinguished road

I think their cigars are above average for a Mom and Pop store. The owners are great people and next door to the shop is Mad Pub, a 60 tap beer house with full liquor and fun bartenders. I should know as my GF worked there up until a 2 months ago. (She left for school reasons).

Yaite is the owner and I still stop in every now and then. She is wonderful and the bartenders, Carmen and Maria are fun, friendly and energetic. The bar is very cigar friendly too. Lots of TVs for the Sports fan. Indoor and outdoor seating

If you are on Madeira Beach, its worth the stop for a beer and a smoke. Karaoke on Tues Nights (done by Muffy so its called Muffyoke) and there are some really good singers. They close the cigar shop at 10 pm but the bar stays open till Midnight Sun-Wed and 1 on Thurs-Sat. They charge a bit more than other bars on the beach, but it keeps the rift-raft out.

But back to the cigars...They have 2 rollers on site and they make a very well constructed cigar. Typically smooth draw. They get artistic with "barber pole" wrappers and they even have a few candela wrappers.

Over all very cool place. If anyone is going, let me know...I might just join you
Throb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:23 AM   #9
JJKJR
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Joe
JJKJR is on a distinguished road

I've smoked several cigars from thier place. In my opinion the Barber Pole Double Wrapper Cigars they hand roll are excellent. I also agree that the Mad Pub next door is a great way to have a beer and enjoy a smoke. Not too far Maderia Beach Ybor City, Tampa. Many great cigar places there. One of my favorites is a place called King Corona who sells a stick called Nicaraguan Suenos.
JJKJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:39 PM   #10
shark
Cigar Smokin' Patriot

First Name: Ron
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
shark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of lightshark is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio Gato View Post
I bought about a dozen or so there. It's a cool place to visit. First impression was they were not bad, not great. After a couple years of resting the maduros were very good. However, even at the sale price, I wouldn't buy any again.

If you're looking for something made in FL take a look at the El Original rolled in Key Largo.http://www.islandsmokeshop.com
+1 on the El Original. Those are really good.