Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2015, 03:57 AM   #2081
Stogieman
Herf King

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (0)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
Stogieman is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's catching up with all the S/BOTL as it's been a few weeks since I've been there as a result of Cigarfest and our mini vacation to Cooperstown. I see that the Yankees lost again last night, hopefully they turn things around and start putting up a few "W"s on the board again. Anyway, enjoy the weekend everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance.......
Old 05-17-2015, 04:52 AM   #2082
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the Sunday morning coffee is on and it's looking like the sun is coming out. Had a good day yesterday, stopped by the cigar shop and saw the fellas, Anthony Ameen flew in from Phoenix for a fund raiser we are doing at Trump Golf Course tomorrow and then later on my son Jeremy came up from Delaware for the weekend as well. Today, we all will get together and start off with brunch and the stop by the Purple Heart Museum, Knox's Headquarters and Washington's Headquarters:

http://www.thepurpleheart.com/

http://nysparks.com/historic-sites/5/details.aspx

http://nysparks.com/historic-sites/17/details.aspx

After all that, we'll be stopping in the Newburgh Brewery for a couple of cold ones and enjoy. Sports wise, it was nice to see the Yankees win one and congrats to Denny Hamlin win last night's NASCAR Sprint All-Star race and take the 1 Million dollar prize. Anyway, enjoy everyone and be safe out there........
Old 05-19-2015, 03:56 AM   #2083
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Smile Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work at West Point as this week is Graduation at the Academy. Yesterday, we had a great day at the Trump National Golf Course supporting the "Wings For Warriors" fund raiser that Adam Desiena from Doc James Cigars put together. I want to say a personal thank you to all that came out and supported and it was great to see Matt Booth from Room 101, Dean Parsons from Epic Cigars and Kevin McCormick from Drew Estates take the time out of their busy schedule to be a part of it as well. Sports wise yesterday, the NY Rangers got beat and now the series is tied up a game a piece. Anyway, enjoy the day everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance.......
Old 05-20-2015, 03:55 AM   #2084
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's "Hump Day". I see that the Yankees lost last night and are now tied for first in the AL East. It's time that the Bombers turn things around and put up a few "W"s on the board for a change. Also this evening, the NY Rangers are back on the ice for game 3 at 2000 (8pm). LGR! Enjoy everyone........
Old 05-21-2015, 03:47 AM   #2085
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's cool morning here in the Hudson Valley. Well, it wasn't a good night for NY sports wise as the Yankees, Mets and NY Rangers all lost last night. It's time that all 3 teams turn things around or else. Anyway, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoying tasty cigars and seeing how all the local S/BOTL are doing. Enjoy a favorite cigar or two or.......
Old 05-22-2015, 04:05 AM   #2086
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)
Talking Re: Good morning Post and sports update

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a good time last night at Schlesinger's as always, good friends and tasty cigars. Today at West Point we have the Graduation Parade leading up to tomorrow's Class of 2015 Graduation. Most likely there will not be a morning post as I have to be at the Emergency Operations Center at 0430. Gonna be a long day but it's all worth it seeing 1000+ new Second Lieutenants march off with their diplomas. I hope everyone has a relaxing Memorial Day weekend and not forget what it's all about:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memorial_Day

Enjoy........
Old 05-25-2015, 05:42 AM   #2087
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's looking like we'll have a nice weather day for today's Memorial Day festivities. West Point is having a ceremonial wreath laying event at Trophy Point / Battle Monument at 1200 (noon) which I'll be at standing proudly. If you have and event in your area, please take the time and attend it if possible and thank those that made the ultimate sacrifice for this great country of ours. Sports wise, congrats to Carl Edwards for taking the checkered flag in yesterday's NASCAR race down in Charlotte, NC. The Yankees and NY Rangers lost yesterday, lets turn things around fellas and put up a few "W"s. Enjoy the day everyone and smoke em' if you get a chance.......
Old 05-26-2015, 03:50 AM   #2088
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's back to work Tuesday. Congrats to the Yankees for winning big time yesterday, lets hope they can keep it up. The NY Rangers play tonight in game 6 and currently are down 3 games to 2. LGR! I hope everyone has a great day and enjoys.......
Old 05-27-2015, 03:53 AM   #2089
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the NY Rangers for winning last night and forcing a game 7 in NY. Also, congrats to the Yankees for winning again. Lets keep it up fellas and see if we can make it 3 in a row. Enjoy the day everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance.......
Old 05-28-2015, 04:00 AM   #2090
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Thursday which means we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening enjoying primo sticks and seeing how everyone is doing. It was good to see the Yankees won again yesterday as they swept the Kansas City Royals. The Bombers have a 4 game series starting tonight against the Athletics out in Oakland, CA. Anyway, enjoy the day everyone and smoke a favorite or two if you get the chance.......
Old 05-29-2015, 03:55 AM   #2091
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's Friday! We had a great time last night at Schlesinger's, enjoyed some tasty sticks and met up with a number of S/BOTL. I see that the Yankees lost last night 5 - 4, lets hope they change that around tonight and put up a "W" instead. Well, it's game 7 of the NY Rangers vs. Tampa Bay Lightning this evening here in NYC (Madison Square Garden), all I can say is LGR! Also this weekend, The NASCAR racers are in Dover, DE starting tonight with the Craftsman Series Truck race. Enjoy the weekend everyone and don't forget, LGR........
Old 05-31-2015, 06:40 AM   #2092
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's a rainy Sunday morning. Well, we now know that the Chicago Blackhawks and the Tampa Bay Lightning are in the Stanley Cup finals. Congrats to the Yankees for winning yesterday and hopefully they do it again this afternoon. I'll be watching the NASCAR race from Dover, hopefully the weather holds up to get er' in. Enjoy the day everyone.......
Old 06-01-2015, 04:02 AM   #2093
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's back to work on this rainy Monday morning. Congrats to Jimmie Johnson for taking the checkered flag in Dover and his 4th win of the season. I see that the Yankees lost yesterday 3 - 0, hopefully they can turn that around this evening in Seattle as they take on the Mariners for a 3 game series. Anyway, enjoy the week and smoke a favorite or two throughout it.......
Old 06-02-2015, 03:45 AM   #2094
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as always and it's still raining outside. According to NOAA, the rain should be stopping late afternoon and then we are good for a couple of days of sun. I know it's a long way off but I got 4 tickets to Saturday's Yankees game and it's calling for a 30% chance of rain during the day and mostly cloudy in the evening. It's a 1915 (7:15pm) start time, so we should be good:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...9#.VW14gtbFmi4

Anyway, I see that the Yankees won last night in Seattle 7 - 2, let's hope they can keep it up. Enjoy the day everyone and hopefully this rain goes away so we can smoke a favorite outdoors this evening........
Old 06-03-2015, 03:55 AM   #2095
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on as usual and it's already "Hump Day". Congrats to the Yankees as they won again last night 5 - 2 with a 3 run homer in the 11th:

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...d-yanks-to-win

Enjoy the day everyone and smoke a favorite or two or........
Old 06-04-2015, 04:04 AM   #2096
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's looking like we have another nice weather day. Congrats to the Yankees as they won again last night in Seattle sweeping the Mariners in their own stadium. The team is off today and have a home series against the Angels starting tomorrow evening. Four of us are going to Saturday night's game which should a good one as the weather guessers are predicting a sunny day with temps in the mid to upper 70s. Anyway, today being Thursday, we'll be at Hudson Valley Cigars / Schlesinger's Cigar Bar this evening smoking primo stogies and catching up on the world's news. Enjoy everyone and smoke em' if you get the chance.......
Old 06-05-2015, 04:13 AM   #2097
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is kickin' and it's Friday! Had a good time at Schlesinger's last night, smoke a couple of tasty sticks and hung out with the fellas. Looks like we have a nice weather weekend ahead of us, so enjoy everyone and relax with a cigar or two if you can........
Old 06-06-2015, 07:24 AM   #2098
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all and yes, the coffee is on always. Good to see the Yankees win last night, hope they do the same this evening as we will be heading down to the game this afternoon for a 1915 (7:15pm) first pitch. This afternoon is the third leg of the triple crown as well, the horses will be taking off at 1850 (6:50pm) at the Belmont. Lastly, today is D-Day, let's not forget what our forefathers sacrificed to keep America free........
Old 06-08-2015, 03:51 AM   #2099
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee is on and it's already Monday morning. Congrats to the Yankees as they swept the Angles and now have a 6 game winning streak. Also, a big congrats to Martin Truex Jr. for taking the checkered flag at Pocono Race Way yesterday and snapping a 69 race win less streak:

http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...june-2015.html

Hope everyone has a great week and enjoys a few of your favorites throughout it........
Old 06-09-2015, 03:55 AM   #2100
Stogieman
Herf King

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Good morning all, the coffee has been on since 0420 as always and it's looking like we'll have a wet one all day which is great for the garden and everything else. I see that the women's USA soccer team beat Australia yesterday 3 - 1, way to go ladies, good job. The Yankees take on the Washington Nationals tonight at home starting at 1905 (7:05pm), let's keep the winning streak going and beat these guys. Anyway, have a great day everyone and enjoy.......