Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 08-27-2010, 11:27 AM   #1
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fantasy Football for stakes and the Troops

I created a Yahoo League, it's mostly default, but I adjusted the scoring for high points and maximum fun.
Only ten players.
Buy in will be five premiums ($40.00 value, NC and/or CC) and a fiver for the troops.
Payout will be 30 smokes to first place, 20 for second place, and 50 smokes to the troops.
I can take care of receiving/sending smokes, I've done it a couple times before.
I will personally put together a fiver for the winner of the playoff loser's bracket as an incentive to keep everyone involved. If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops".
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be.

Live Draft will be Saturday September 4th at 8:00pm. If you can't attend, your players will be picked for you by yahoo in the order of player ranking.

Only ten guys will be playing, I'll send invites to those who sign up.
1. shilala
2. Sofaman

Please give a lot of thought to the "extra" prizes. Not to belabor the point, but this league is gonna cost you some smokes if it's going to be successful, especially for the troops. So take that into consideration very seriously.
If you're a gamer, you could end up buying a number of bundles for the troops if you lose weekly bets. Or you could end up making us other knuckleheads buy lots of smokes for the troops.
It's gonna take up some of your time, and a good amount of smack talking.
I'll create a banter thread once we get all signed up and get the league going.
I honestly think this will be the funnest league EVER!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #2
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Trading: (7)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
sofaman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fantasy Football for stakes and the Troops

Cant wait for the season to start
sofaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #3
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Anyone ???
Old 08-28-2010, 07:51 AM   #4
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in. Love FFL

1. shilala
2. Sofaman
3. GreekGodX
Old 08-28-2010, 01:04 PM   #5
jkim05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Jeremy
Trading: (17)
PL
jkim05 is on a distinguished road

I'm down for some more fantasy football.
jkim05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 06:54 PM   #6
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

1. shilala
2. Sofaman
3. GreekGodX
4. Jkim05
Old 08-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
Coach Deg
C O W eieio.

First Name: Mike
Trading: (59)
Bolivar
Coach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of lightCoach Deg is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like in. Probably can't do live draft but will gladly go in and rank players ahead of time.
Coach Deg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Im in Scottie!
Old 08-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #9
sofaman
Feeling at Home

Just 4 spots left
Old 08-29-2010, 10:30 AM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

1. shilala
2. Sofaman
3. GreekGodX
4. jkim05
5. RPmark
6. Massphatness

Just an update bump.
Old 08-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #11
massphatness

ERdM

I shoulda' waited to jump in, Scott. Now everyone's a-skeerd.

Sorry for f#kking up the sign-ups.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:23 PM   #12
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by massphatness View Post

Down sweat it, brother. We don't want no ladies.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:33 PM   #13
massphatness

ERdM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
If anyone wants to offer any other bonus prizes, that would kick ass. Maybe something such as "fiver for highest score for week six" or something like that.
Or "beat me this week, and I'll send a fiver to the troops".
The key is generosity, banter, and fun. The more prizes, the more fun it'll be. The more smokes we can gather for the troops, the more fun it will be.
I'll kick this off with the following bonus prize challenge:

All league members who participate LIVE in the draft next Saturday, not auto-picking, will receive one ticket from me for the Aristocrat Raffle currently being run by BazookaJoe & PapaJohn. That's right, all you have to do is show up live so I can talk smack to you online next Saturday, and I'll buy you an entry into the raffle.
Old 08-30-2010, 06:38 AM   #14
gnukfu
I like cigars

First Name: George
Trading: (27)
LGC
gnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the roughgnukfu is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

I'm in - I just finished smoking the cigars I received from Vin for crushing him and winning last year's league.

gnukfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 07:27 AM   #15
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

1. shilala
2. Sofaman
3. GreekGodX
4. jkim05
5. RPmark
6. massphatness
7. gnukfu

Just an update bump.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:35 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
I'll kick this off with the following bonus prize challenge:

All league members who participate LIVE in the draft next Saturday, not auto-picking, will receive one ticket from me for the Aristocrat Raffle currently being run by BazookaJoe & PapaJohn. That's right, all you have to do is show up live so I can talk smack to you online next Saturday, and I'll buy you an entry into the raffle.
I even put it on my calendar so I don't forget.
Be warned, the draft module is flash, so we can't draft via iphone or iPad, Vin. I just realized that yesterday cause we tried to do a football draft on my iPad.
Well done, Vin.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #17
jkim05
Feeling at Home

PL

What do the rosters look like right now? Since there's only 10 teams, any thoughts to making this a deeper league so we have to take some gambles on longer shots? Is this gonna be ppr?
Old 08-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkim05 View Post
What do the rosters look like right now? Since there's only 10 teams, any thoughts to making this a deeper league so we have to take some gambles on longer shots? Is this gonna be ppr?
Jeremy, I'll send out invites to the guys who have already signed up as soon as I get a chance. That way you all can preview league rules before the draft. We gotta hustle and get three more guys.
My thinking was 10 guys, wide open scoring, and plenty of Free Agents to fill a decimated roster. That way it'll force guys to stay on top of their teams to be competitive.
It'll also allow guys to look at their head to head weeks and get pretty cocky. That'll generate even more side bets, and/or opportunity to lure guys into stuff like "beat me this week, I buy the troops a bundle, lose, you buy it."
If the league gets deeper, it makes it hard for teams to score big points. In twelve man leagues, if one team keeps four studs healthy all year, they win, and there's no possible way for a guy with an injured marquee RB and QB to compete.
This way, everyone who watches their weekly matchup can tweak their team and pick up what they think they need to kick ass.
That make sense from that angle?
I know it's a lot different than twelve team leagues.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

Cuaba

Here's a couple more incentives...
Number eight spot is up. I'll donate a fiver of Calle Ocho's to the high point winner of week eight when we get our eighth guy, and a fiver of Anejo 46's for the high scorer of week ten (cause 4 and six equals ten) when we get our tenth guy.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #20
jkim05
Feeling at Home

PL

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Jeremy, I'll send out invites to the guys who have already signed up as soon as I get a chance. That way you all can preview league rules before the draft. We gotta hustle and get three more guys.
My thinking was 10 guys, wide open scoring, and plenty of Free Agents to fill a decimated roster. That way it'll force guys to stay on top of their teams to be competitive.
It'll also allow guys to look at their head to head weeks and get pretty cocky. That'll generate even more side bets, and/or opportunity to lure guys into stuff like "beat me this week, I buy the troops a bundle, lose, you buy it."
If the league gets deeper, it makes it hard for teams to score big points. In twelve man leagues, if one team keeps four studs healthy all year, they win, and there's no possible way for a guy with an injured marquee RB and QB to compete.
This way, everyone who watches their weekly matchup can tweak their team and pick up what they think they need to kick ass.
That make sense from that angle?
I know it's a lot different than twelve team leagues.
Sounds good, but what do you mean by wide open scoring? Also, by deeper I was thinking more roster spots, not more people playing, but I'm down with whatever. I thought it might be fun to play with starters than usual. Either way, we need a couple more, hurry up and get in here.