Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #801
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: It's happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but even if you are banned, and/or have your password scrambled you are still a member. When potential avertisers looks at the stats they'll see many more members than actually available. John doesn't care whether you stay or go. You're already a stat that is getting him paid.
We really are a bunch of postwhores now, aren't we? JC is pimping us out big time.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:48 PM   #802
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyJoe View Post
Seems entirely asinine. What has jc really purchased?
A number. Hard to sell companies on a product with no numbers to back it up. I just wish they could see through all the lies and see what the real product they are investing is has become.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #803
ahc4353

Is membership the real number or is it site hits? If I was an advertiser I would wanna know what kind of daily "hits" / "views" his site gets. If that's the case anyone who goes to check the drama just helps his cause.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:52 PM   #804
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

Obviously the owner over there has a severe case of µPS. Not even smiling bob can fix that.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 PM   #805
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahc4353 View Post
Is membership the real number or is it site hits? If I was an advertiser I would wanna know what kind of daily "hits" / "views" his site gets. If that's the case anyone who goes to check the drama just helps his cause.
A lot of us are still helping his cause. I'm guilty of it. It makes me feel ashamed as of today to be contributing anything toward his financial gain. I hadn't given up on the site until after what Tom and Dave said today.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #806
floydpink
crazy diamond

First Name: Pete
Trading: (17)
Cohiba
floydpink has disabled reputation

I just popped in to Puff to see if my password still works. This thread got me curious. It still works. Browsing around, it seems that the thing I saw most was:

"Closing this up. Drama threads/bashing threads dont belong here. Take it to another board." Jon Caputo
Old 01-26-2009, 06:57 PM   #807
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysutherland View Post
A lot of us are still helping his cause. I'm guilty of it. It makes me feel ashamed as of today to be contributing anything toward his financial gain. I hadn't given up on the site until after what Tom and Dave said today.
I concur, but there is still hope for some of the drowning gorillas over there. With all the censorship and selective posting it will be hard to get them aboard the life raft, but if we can save one, it is well worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydpink View Post
I just popped in to Puff to see if my password still works. This thread got me curious. It still works. Browsing around, it seems that the thing I saw most was:

"Closing this up. Drama threads/bashing threads dont belong here. Take it to another board." Jon Caputo
And don't even think about telling the truth about what happened over there.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #808
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippewastud79 View Post
And don't even think about telling the truth about what happened over there.
Jon C will just edit your post and close the thread so that all of the advertisers and new members not in the know won't have a clue as to what he is doing to that place. The guy is a Class A Jackass, and why anyone would even want to continue on with that board (especially as a mod) is completely beyond me.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:11 PM   #809
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_s2k View Post
why anyone would even want to continue on with that board (especially as a mod) is completely beyond me.
They'll (mods) be here full-time soon (I hope). I hate to hear about what they're going through as of late. But I deeply respect that they are following through with their commitments.

Insert quote here.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:12 PM   #810
piperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68TriShield View Post
It's built in Alan,we can see when it happens.
Well, If you use a router they would only see one IP address when in realty you may have five correct.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #811
white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
They'll (mods) be here full-time soon (I hope). I hate to hear about what they're going through as of late.
Absolutely. I tried to hang on there as long as I could, but Jon lied to everybody about what that site was going to be. I certainly don't know the mods over there as well as some, but I would not be surprised if they get fed up eventually too. But regardless, I hope all of the drama calms down for them.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #812
AD720
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Andrew
Trading: (73)
Partagas
AD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the roughAD720 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperman View Post
Well, If you use a router they would only see one IP address when in realty you may have five correct.
No. There is a difference between your router (dhcp) ip address and your "real world" IP address that is your cable modem or dsl modem or whatever. All the computers on your network share that "real world" IP.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #813
borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

That is exactly why I kept bugging them to ban me and delete my account. I don't want my username to put 1 penny in his pocket.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #814
TomHagen
Rabbinic Consigliere

First Name: Tattejuaje
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
TomHagen will become famous soon enough

I Love Cigar Asylum!!

... crisis situations bring people together, and now more than ever do I believe the Cigar Asylum family is more solidified and united. I am happier than ever to be here.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #815
PaleRider

I got to admit, I was hoping that the place would stay the "same". But after that Asylum business, with censoring etc. Well, after the thread got deleted, that was too much in my opinion.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #816
SeanGAR
Crotchety Geezer

Trading: (3)
SeanGAR has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperman View Post
You need a proxy server if you want sneak in a second account without being obvious.

Last edited by SeanGAR; 01-26-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #817
piperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD720 View Post
No. There is a difference between your router (dhcp) ip address and your "real world" IP address that is your cable modem or dsl modem or whatever. All the computers on your network share that "real world" IP.
That's why, I got two accounts over there or did.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #818
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

Partagas

I log on under the same account both here and at work. So if another guy at work became a member and logged in at work, wouldn't that be seen as two accounts from one address (seen as multiple accounts)?

Insert quote here.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:21 PM   #819
piperman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider View Post
I got to admit, I was hoping that the place would stay the "same". But after that Asylum business, with censoring etc. Well, after the thread got deleted, that was too much in my opinion.
So did I, Oh well hope everyone can make it over here, there isn't much going on over there.

Hey get out of my chair, never mind.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #820
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I don't really have a dog in this fight, since I only joined the other place just in time for the change. But I have to say in all the time I've spent on forums, I have never seen someone so thoroughly piss off his faithful membership and run things into the ground. I hope he's got a good excuse for his investors when everyone gets tired of watching the train-wreck, and they want to know why traffic is so low.

Quote:
I log on under the same account both here and at work. So if another guy at work became a member and logged in at work, wouldn't that be seen as two accounts from one address (seen as multiple accounts)?
Without getting too technical, it depends on how your firewall is set up at work. Usually when you look for multiple accounts, you're looking for multiple accounts from a home DSL or cable IP hostname, though.
Closed Thread