Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > Sports

Old 08-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #1
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Trading: (17)
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all
Default Official SEC Football Thread 2013

Seven consecutive BCS National Champions (Florida 06, LSU 07, Florida 08, Alabama 09, Auburn 10, Alabama 11, Alabama 12)

5 teams in the AP Preseason Top 10 - #1 Alabama, #5 Georgia, #6 Texas A&M, #7 South Carolina, #10 Florida; and 6 in the Top 25

A distinct electricity of excitement and anticipation is as common in the air as mosquitoes around SEC country by the start of preseason camp.

Warmup the cowbells in Starkville, start humming Rammer Jammer & Hotty Toddy, practice calling the Hogs, get your arm loose for the chomp, and feed Mike the Tiger double rations while coeds everywhere try on their new sundresses and cowboy boots - it's time for some good 'ol SEC football, y'all!

Old 08-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2013

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #3
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Jason
Trading: (59)
big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

nothing better the SEC Football

i really want to see what Johnny Football will do this year
big_jaygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

ot
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 11:37 AM   #5
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Checking in with a non-offensive comment so people will still be able to say "He started off SO PROMISING..."
I am ready for some football. I have NO NFL boycott on this year, so I will be watching football on Saturday AND Sunday.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Checking in with a non-offensive comment
That's cool, Brad.....Defense wins championships.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 08-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #7
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_jaygee View Post
i really want to see what Johnny Football will do this year
Apparently sign memorabilia for cash.....

I expect TAMU to fall FAR SHORT of expectations, even if these current issues don't result in a suspension or loss of eligibility. All this turmoil call be good for the program.
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
jovenhut
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (64)
jovenhut will become famous soon enough

Bama is the team to Beat this year. Georgia will be pressing hard to become the New SEC darlings this year!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #9
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Big game opening weekend, Gerogia and Clemson. Good test for the Dawgs right outta the gate.

Old 09-14-2013, 02:07 PM   #10
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

big_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to beholdbig_jaygee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.J. View Post
Apparently sign memorabilia for cash.....

I expect TAMU to fall FAR SHORT of expectations, even if these current issues don't result in a suspension or loss of eligibility. All this turmoil call be good for the program.
im late i know....but they have looked great the first 2 games...and so far in their third

Quote:
Originally Posted by jovenhut View Post
Bama is the team to Beat this year
looks like the Aggies are doing a good job of it so far(still in the first quarter) we will see what happens over the next three quarters.
Old 09-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #11
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

well it turned out to be a good game....i didnt want to see TAMU lose but Bama put up a better game
Old 09-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #12
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_jaygee View Post
im late i know....but they have looked great the first 2 games...and so far in their third

looks like the Aggies are doing a good job of it so far(still in the first quarter) we will see what happens over the next three quarters.
Well, they did alright in the 4th quarter too, 2nd and 3rd weren't so hot though. Two interceptions one of which was a pick 6 cost them the game. I got the feeling that sometimes Manziel just airs the ball and hopes his receivers can pick it out of the air? It's a good thing he has some big'ol receivers.

McCarron was ridiculous tonight, we haven't seen that much of his passing except in the clutch when he had to. I am no longer worried about Bama's offense in the slightest.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
big_jaygee
I'm nuts for the place

yeah McCarron's arm was looking good tonight, if they keep playing like that they should make it to the big game
Old 09-18-2013, 02:27 PM   #14
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

I always love it when the Tide makes it to the 'big game'....I like to see the Alabama running backs have
ONE MORE decent rushing day in their careers. What is it with the last couple of top Bama backs in the NFL?
What the hell is it with those guys? It's like a whole string of overpaid Jamarcus Russels. Maybe when Lacy
comes back from getting his head fixed he might redeem some of the curse.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:18 AM   #15
OLS
Suck It

WOW, and just like that, the Browns trade him. We'll see if he can make a difference in Indy.
I was hoping there would be a two part trade, sending Mark Ingram to Indy too, in exchange for some
helmets or pants.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #16
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I always love it when the Tide makes it to the 'big game'....I like to see the Alabama running backs have
ONE MORE decent rushing day in their careers. What is it with the last couple of top Bama backs in the NFL?
What the hell is it with those guys? It's like a whole string of overpaid Jamarcus Russels. Maybe when Lacy
comes back from getting his head fixed he might redeem some of the curse.
I maintain that most of Bama's success comes from the team. Saban has a way of building a team that doesn't rely on a single player. Look at it this way, if Manziel hadn't been on the field on Saturday Bama would probably have won by twenty points. Bama doesn't have a player that is that huge of a difference maker, the overall skill of the team makes competent above average players look like miracle workers is all. So when they get to the NFL no one should be surprised they aren't all they were made out to be.

It's why I think players like Manziel and Mariota will have more success in the NFL than AJ, all other things being equal they really are just better QBs. At least I think so, we don't see a lot from AJ unless Saban realizes relying on the run isn't going to cut it, which isn't often.

That's just my opinion though.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #17
G G
BR549

Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

This thread aint been too lively yet. Can the Bulldogs hang on to win?
Old 09-28-2013, 05:38 PM   #18
G G
BR549

Bolivar

It appears they can. Woohoo.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Wooh.....wait, what?

Never mind.

Old 09-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #20
jovenhut
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bruce
Trading: (64)
jovenhut will become famous soon enough

Great Victory by Georgia