Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 02-08-2010, 06:05 PM   #21
Jtbjrcop

Default Re: CigarFest

2 hours- 5-7AM my wife on the phone and I'm on the computer- lots of times I was on the site- but nothing in the cart- CI really muffed this one up- now that I see the amount of tickets they're selling, I really don't think I want to go- too many people pushing and shoving!
Old 02-09-2010, 03:09 AM   #22
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Trading: (2)
sjnovakovich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtbjrcop View Post
2 hours- 5-7AM my wife on the phone and I'm on the computer- lots of times I was on the site- but nothing in the cart- CI really muffed this one up- now that I see the amount of tickets they're selling, I really don't think I want to go- too many people pushing and shoving!
Yeah... when I saw that one botl's post about only one buffet line last year it I was taken aback. C'mon. All those people and one line?!? I'll be really interested in finding out what the "premium" cigars are and also what they're unloading from they're unsellable inventory.
sjnovakovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #23
JohnE1000
Adjusting to the Life

Trading: (39)
JohnE1000 is on a distinguished road

For people who went to previous cigarFest.

What was your experience?
Are the giveaway items worth it or bunch of crabs?
Can you find good deal on cigars, or all advertisements?

Thanks,
JohnE1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 AM   #24
silentjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnE1000 View Post
For people who went to previous cigarFest.

What was your experience?
Are the giveaway items worth it or bunch of crabs?
Can you find good deal on cigars, or all advertisements?

Thanks,
The cigars you get (40-50) are mixed. People like Rocky Patel and Don Pepin Garcia give out some great cigars. Others, not so much. The spirits and micro-brews samples are really good. There are some pretty good prices on samplers/boxes at the fest.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #25
silentjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich View Post
Yeah... when I saw that one botl's post about only one buffet line last year it I was taken aback. C'mon. All those people and one line?!? I'll be really interested in finding out what the "premium" cigars are and also what they're unloading from they're unsellable inventory.
I bought the Cigar Nut tickets two years ago (the last year it wasn't an auction for those tickets). The buffet was ok. The only good thing about the Cigar Nut tickets is that you are in first.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:29 PM   #26
Shadow
Who knows what evil lurks

Trading: (0)
VR
Shadow is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentjon View Post
I bought the Cigar Nut tickets two years ago (the last year it wasn't an auction for those tickets). The buffet was ok. The only good thing about the Cigar Nut tickets is that you are in first.
And a so-so breakfast buffet.

They had the same problem last year with the tickets and the site acting up. I had tickets in my cart and went to pay for them, and poof the server went down and I lost my cart. By the time I got back to ordering tickets, they were gone. Was able to get tickets on the auction.

As soon as I saw they were doing the same thing this year with the sales and adding 500 more people I decided not to even mess with it.
Old 02-09-2010, 12:52 PM   #27
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
And a so-so breakfast buffet.

They had the same problem last year with the tickets and the site acting up. I had tickets in my cart and went to pay for them, and poof the server went down and I lost my cart. By the time I got back to ordering tickets, they were gone. Was able to get tickets on the auction.

As soon as I saw they were doing the same thing this year with the sales and adding 500 more people I decided not to even mess with it.
The fact that this happened last year really leads me to think that they don't know what they're doing, and don't really care about customer satisfaction. If they did, they would certainly have made sure that the customer did not have a carp experience two years in a row.

Last edited by sjnovakovich; 02-09-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #28
chenvt
Duck the Futch!!!

Trading: (23)
chenvt will become famous soon enough

Wow $140-170 a ticket and that much trouble to go through? I'd rather spend that on a nice bottle of booze to split amongst friends with my own smokes
chenvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:46 PM   #29
weak_link
The Stranger

First Name: Eric
Trading: (1)
Montecristo
weak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura aboutweak_link has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenvt View Post
Wow $140-170 a ticket and that much trouble to go through? I'd rather spend that on a nice bottle of booze to split amongst friends with my own smokes
I was having exactly the same thought as I read your post. Geat minds think alike.
weak_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #30
ScottieM
AKA Thurm15

First Name: Scott
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
ScottieM is on a distinguished road

I have to say, I've been going to Cigarfest for the past 3 years and I've always had a great time. Is it perfect? NO but, Getting away for a weekend every year with a few of my buddies, a couple bottles of Good Rum and Great Cigars is priceless.
ScottieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #31
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

CigarFest blows.. save your money
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:14 PM   #32
ScottieM
AKA Thurm15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonS View Post
CigarFest blows.. save your money
Don't listen to him. He's from New Jersey.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #33
SteveDMatt
I can't think of anything

First Name: uhhh, Steve
Trading: (5)
SteveDMatt is on a distinguished road

I've gone to the Famous Smoke version a couple times and had a blast. It's outdoors under a tent, 3-400 (not thousand) people, some decent BBQ, great raffles, and the owners are very nice.

This is the first time I'll be going to Cigar Fest. My buddy was trying to buy 4 VIH tickets and 4 of the shirts and managed to get the tickets, but only 2 shirts. My other buddy got completely shut out. I am a little disturbed about the number of people and the fact that it is indoors. I get a headache hanging in at a card game with a couple cigars going and little ventilation. I really can't imaging what 3000 cigars going at once will do to that place.

Here's to hoping its a good time, or I'll be back in Easton next year at the Famous Smoke event.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:09 PM   #34
NeuRon
Formerly BigRonS

First Name: Ron
Trading: (22)
NeuRon will become famous soon enoughNeuRon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieM View Post
Don't listen to him. He's from New Jersey.
NY Sucks, and CigarFest STILL sucks
NeuRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #35
ChicagoWhiteSox

Quote:
Old 02-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #36
sjnovakovich
Stinky Old Stogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenvt View Post
I completely agree. That's what I was getting at in a previous post.

Good bottle of Irish Whiskey $30
8 Prime Ribeyes (I can get em for $14/lb. Not aged, but I can do that myself). $150

8 Anjeos $88 (Actually I have more that 8 on hand, plus a couple boxes of Padron 1926.)

Total is $268 --- Less than the price of 2 tickets for a great afternoon with your best buds.

$100 for a ticket might be worth a shot, but $170??? Not on your life.

Last edited by sjnovakovich; 02-09-2010 at 06:19 PM. Reason: content
Old 02-09-2010, 06:38 PM   #37
ScottieM
AKA Thurm15

Quote:
Hey, I never said NJ Sucks but, I agree with you about NY. (Except for the Yankees)

And when I mentioned the great Cigars in my above post, I wasn't talking about the Cigars they give you. Those are Good to OK.

If your going to Cigarfest just for the Swag you'll be disapointed.

BigRon, When did you go to Cigarfest?
Old 02-10-2010, 04:00 AM   #38
silentjon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDMatt View Post
I've gone to the Famous Smoke version a couple times and had a blast. It's outdoors under a tent, 3-400 (not thousand) people, some decent BBQ, great raffles, and the owners are very nice.

This is the first time I'll be going to Cigar Fest. My buddy was trying to buy 4 VIH tickets and 4 of the shirts and managed to get the tickets, but only 2 shirts. My other buddy got completely shut out. I am a little disturbed about the number of people and the fact that it is indoors. I get a headache hanging in at a card game with a couple cigars going and little ventilation. I really can't imaging what 3000 cigars going at once will do to that place.

Here's to hoping its a good time, or I'll be back in Easton next year at the Famous Smoke event.
The Famous BBQ is a great time - just a different vibe. It just more relaxing.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:49 PM   #39
eboniknight
Hit 'em Hard and Deep!

First Name: JC
Trading: (0)
eboniknight is on a distinguished road

I had some of the same problems as others have posted.....website would not work, phone lines busy...finally broke through by phone at about 5:45 am. and landed my VIH ticket. Good thing cause I was about to say to hell with this sh**. Since this is not a new event I can't understand why the process is not smoother.

Anyway....this will be my first so I am going to relax and enjoy just hanging out smoking, drinking, and fellowshiping....not gonna let the crowds ruin my weekend. Next up....The Big Smoke in Vegas in November (well hopefully).
Old 02-11-2010, 03:12 PM   #40
Addiction

I've only been to one cigarfest, that was 2007 I think.

I had a great time with friends, but by then I was mostly smoking CCs so i just wasn't that interested in the cigars. Even if I was a lot of the hand outs were pretty low quality bundle affairs. And they had 3000 people smoking in a room that wasn't meant to handle 3000 people smoking which was tough to breathe in let alone smoke. They also like 8 chairs for 3000 people. One of the worst experiences I've ever seen tho again I had fun because of the company.

I also hate this money grubbing bullshit ass auction off tickets approach. I'd never attend another one based on that.