Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Official SEC Football Thread 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
Congratulations to the Clemson team that beat the Tigers. Post season has not been good to the LSU Tiger teams
of late. Les Miles needs to look hard at firing the person who keeps trying to out-think opposing teams. They
are obviously not very good at it. No indication that Clemson could stop LSU's running attack, and yet they
continued to pass their way through the first half, or should I say, be sacked through the first half. I laughed
as they continued to not establish the run and run play action anyway. It was like a bunch of mental deficients
out there. I just had to laugh. I only got to watch the replay online, as I have no cable. I long for the day when
the bowls were better and they all happened on regular TV.
But seeing LSU give that game up so easy, who really
cares in the end. PAH-thetic....

Congrats again.
So you missed the part where there were less than 3 minutes to go LSU defense was exhausted their offense had the ball and they threw on all 3 downs ensuring Clemson had plenty of timeouts to beat them with on the next possession.
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #502
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by oooo35980 View Post
So you missed the part where there were less than 3 minutes to go LSU defense was exhausted their offense had the ball and they threw on all 3 downs ensuring Clemson had plenty of timeouts to beat them with on the next possession.
I fast-forwarded through those possessions Clemson had in the 4th quarter. It was obvious that LSU
did not prepare very well, nor were their players all that excited about the game it seemed. Guess when
you want to play for it all, and you don't, it's hard to get psyched. I guess its the Beef O'Brady's bowl for
LSU next year. Only way they'll learn. They laid the same type egg in the BCSNCG last year. I don't really
care much either way. After the NFL eviscerated the Saints as an example for all to see, I lost interest
in football for 2012.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #503
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
.... It was obvious that LSU
did not prepare very well, nor were their players all that excited about the game it seemed. Guess when
you want to play for it all, and you don't, it's hard to get psyched.....
I got tarred, feathered, quartered, set on fire and then had my ashes flushed down a truck stop shitter by my Clemson friends for stating something similar. I just do not think LSU gave a **** win or lose. I would bet any amount of money that if this game was the first Saturday in October at night in Baton Rouge, Clemson would have gotten curb stomped. It is a garbage bowl. Who cares? Same thing for my Gamechickens. I am glad they won, but I really did not care either way.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:10 PM   #504
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

The SEC has a bad habit of not taking bowls too seriously, it just gives ammunition to the delusional people that don't think the SEC is the best conference. When you were in the running for NC and now you have to go play Clemson in a random bowl game noone cares about it's got to take the wind out of your sails though.

It would help if everyone and their damn mother didn't end up going to this or that random bowl. There might actually be some prestige still attached.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:35 PM   #505
jjirons69
Haberdasher

First Name: Jamie
Trading: (94)
LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

I guess UF feels the same way - no NC bowl, they'll just go through the motions. I guess the school gets a check regardless of the outcome.

If anyone out there honestly believes a true athlete doesn't want to win any time they take the field, they're nuts. It doesn't matter if it's the Lil' Cricket Bowl, a backyard pickup, or the NC game. You can't play organized sports for 15+ years and not have the drive to want to dominate at any level, plus having coaches that get bonuses screaming in your face for a lackluster performance. I know I wouldn't want to tell a 6'6" 285 lb lineman he looks to be just going through the motions.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #506
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

So you feel Clemson is legitamately better than LSU and Louisville is a better team than Florida?
Old 01-03-2013, 06:28 AM   #507
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC
jjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to beholdjjirons69 is a splendid one to behold

The last times either team was head to head, it seems so. Any team can have a great, above average game as well as a poorly executed game. What team shows up? The legitimately better teams are the ones who always show up regardless of the Saturday. LSU struggled with Auburn and Arkansas, who weren't scary teams this year. Florida stumbled around UL-Lafa and Missouri. I just don't agree with the argument teams don't show up for bowl games. These things are littered with scouts and folks that can impacts players futures. Lesser games like the Florida/Lafa game probably wasn't. They're also prime time televised games. No reason for them not to everyone give 110%.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 AM   #508
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Fair enough.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:38 AM   #509
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjirons69 View Post
I guess UF feels the same way - no NC bowl, they'll just go through the motions. I guess the school gets a check regardless of the outcome.

If anyone out there honestly believes a true athlete doesn't want to win any time they take the field, they're nuts. It doesn't matter if it's the Lil' Cricket Bowl, a backyard pickup, or the NC game. You can't play organized sports for 15+ years and not have the drive to want to dominate at any level, plus having coaches that get bonuses screaming in your face for a lackluster performance. I know I wouldn't want to tell a 6'6" 285 lb lineman he looks to be just going through the motions.
Wanting to win and putting your heart soul and body into the game 100% are two different things. It absolutely matters what game you're playing in and yes you can play sports for 15 years and show up to a game not caring enough about the outcome to leave it all on the field.

When the announcers are calling you "Disinterested" you know there is a problem, when players are moving around like the dead lice are falling off them it's a problem, last night the team that wanted it more won, period.

"Best" is an ambiguous term, Florida and LSU are undoubtedly more talented and better coached. But when one team shows up ready and wanting to make a statement, and the other is just pissed they have to play some random team in some random bowl, the outcome is almost a foregone conclusion.

Not caring about the outcome of a game is a shitty attitude, and the teams that don't show up deserve to lose, but if you honestly believe that no matter what teams show up and give it their all then you are living in a bit of a fantasy I think.

Edit: I'm not saying LSU didn't show up to play, they did and it was a poorly executed game. SC was also ready to play, you could tell by watching the game. Georgia didn't show up until late and I didn't watch Miss St. because I didn't care. But if you watched the Florida game you can tell the players weren't in it, it's a poor excuse because you should always show up to win, but it doesn't change the fact that Florida did not give it 100%, or even 75%. That game was an embarrassment.

Last edited by oooo35980; 01-03-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:18 PM   #510
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

After reading some of the sophistry above, I propose the SEC change to the SEG . . . Sour-Eating-Grapes.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #511
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
After reading some of the sophistry above, I propose the SEC change to the SEG . . . Sour-Eating-Grapes.
Ha ha. I agree there is a LOT of "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" attitude in the SEC. Just how it is.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #512
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Ha ha. I agree there is a LOT of "I'm gonna take my ball and go home" attitude in the SEC. Just how it is.
I'd have less of a problem with that brother, were it not for the fact that, were the SEC presently 6-0 instead of 3-3 in bowl games, the same people who are whining that their schools did not care about the game would be crowing as to how these results PROVE their dominance in college football.

You can have it one way, or the other, but not both.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:20 PM   #513
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Can I have mine with sugar on top?

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #514
OLS
Suck It

OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
So you feel Clemson is legitamately better than LSU and Louisville is a better team than Florida?
Yes to both.

I feel like was stated above, the KIDS want to go and play every game with
their hearts and for pride. I just think the long layoffs, the constant questions
about what COULD HAVE BEEN, and the lack of prestige that might be felt over
the bowl they land in DO have a great part to play in the end performance.

But as mad as it will make Michael, I felt UF was a paper tiger this season.
The season started out right where I though they were, BAD, and then somehow
they rose from the ashes, but I always felt it was an illusion. Plus some chump
opponents to pad the record, just like UA and LSU had, I just never felt UF
was any GOOD.

As for LSU, the proof is in the pudding. You go play UA in the BCSNCG ('11) and lay
THAT BIG an EGG? You can beat anyone in town except one that does not
allow you to do what you DO...namely take advantage defensively of stupid errors.
If the opposing team doesn't MAKE stupid errors, LSU has had 5-6 YEARS of not
being able to beat teams who don't beat themselves. SUPERIOR athletes, sure...
make no mistake. But horrific coaching decisions, and endless second-guessing,
over-thinking, and stupid gimmicks have taken Les Miles and the whole team with
him, down to the abyss....albeit the abyss of champions, lol. I mean, they
can still kick your a55.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:38 AM   #515
OLS
Suck It

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet View Post
the same people who are whining that their schools did not care about the game would be crowing
as to how these results PROVE their dominance in college football.
I didn't like the weak SEG joke, unfortunate that the anagram could not make sense
if the sentence itself made any sense.

BUT, the quoted comment is VERY true. I have been in this thread long enough to know it.
At least for some folks.

I cringe at the SEC-SEC-SEC chants in games against non-aligned opponents, I cringe when it is USA-USA, too.
But I am just an LSU fan. I do not share the feelings that most do here about how the SEC is a crusher.
I DO think this in general, but not enough to fanatically state it at every oppo. This was not a good year
for people to be crowing about that.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #516
Remo
C.I.A

First Name: Mike
Trading: (122)
Partagas
Remo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant futureRemo has a brilliant future

Wow, Johnny Football is fun to watch!!
Old 01-05-2013, 04:14 AM   #517
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remo View Post
Wow, Johnny Football is fun to watch!!
Unreal How He Avoids Tackles. Congrats To A&M!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:23 AM   #518
Powers
Swamp Ash member in exile

First Name: Michael
Bolivar
Powers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to allPowers is a name known to all

Hated to see my Gators play such an undisciplined game. I will agree with Brad to a point, the way Florida played the Louisville game was the collection of all the worst segments we've played earlier in the season. The only difference was we couldn't find a way to win the Sugar Bowl, like we couldn't against Georgia. The other big difference was this was the first time our defense was so porous.

I also think that Muschamp was out coached by Charlie Strong; the onside kick to start off the 2nd half was idiotic. I'm still 100% sold on Muschamp but this was his fist big postseason game and I'm sure he'll learn from his mistakes. Remember the Saban coached 'Bama getting crushed by Utah several years ago??

As for my on the "not showing up/giving 100%/wanting to win" - these are young kids predisposed to discipline problems! Florida for the first time this season played selfish, talking way too much trash down a couple scores. Florida definitely suffered from a lack of motivation but that's the coach's job to ensure they do. Would Louisville be consistently better than Florida at a neutral field? No way but you only get one shot in sports and that's all that matters.

On to the next task at hand - ROLL TIDE!
Old 01-07-2013, 11:32 AM   #519
jjirons69
Haberdasher

LGC

Can't believe I'm saying this, but I've got to pull for the Catholics boys tonight. Charlie Weis killed any likeable quality I could ever find with ND years ago. I'm in first place in our office pool and if ND can win or not lose by more than 9, I get $375. If not, I've got 2nd wrapped up for $170.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #520
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

I'd pay the $205 not to see ND win a Championship, Jamie.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote