Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 04-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #1
chris66

Default Edgestar 28 question

What is the temp range of these things. I live in New England so most of the year I can probably get away with not turning it on, but we do get some stretches of 90*+ weather during mid july to mid august.

Also does any body have a good thread of how to prep these things and get them ready for use. With so many out there it probably would be a good idea to have one sticky'ed for us new comers
Old 04-20-2010, 02:05 PM   #2
kydsid
Ditat Deus

First Name: Jason
Trading: (46)
kydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nicekydsid is just really nice
Default Re: Edgestar 28 question

With your temps I doubt it will ever be much over 60 even on the highest setting. As for prep pretty simple wash it out and let it air out a couple days. If you are in a rush use a light baking soda and water solution. Don't forget to add some kind of humidifier.

As for a sticky there are so many threads so many people have written a simple search should serve most people.

Good luck and welcome to the Asylum.
kydsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #3
tupacboy
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
tupacboy is on a distinguished road

not sure on edgestar... but on my vinotemp... its set at 67% and won't kick on unless its warmer then that...
tupacboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #4
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation

Keep it out of sunlight and keep lit in a fairly cool part of the house. I know most people keep it in their basement as the ambient temps are more bearable. The cooling feature on those things do help but they are not perfect and cannot fight a 90* room.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mugen910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #5
chris66

Came across this from vinotemps website its a 3 door/zone cab. the price with chas's drawers would be considerably less than a unit comparable size unit from aristocrat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tn375_vt-bordeaux3110708085039.jpg (16.6 KB, 244 views)

Last edited by chris66; 04-20-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
klipsch

The EdgeStar will work fine. Not sure where you're at in RI, but you're welcome to check out my setup if you're ever around Pawtucket. I'm in a 3rd floor apartment and have already seen temps in the mid 80's without the AC running.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:45 PM   #7
chris66

Quote:
Originally Posted by klipsch View Post
The EdgeStar will work fine. Not sure where you're at in RI, but you're welcome to check out my setup if you're ever around Pawtucket. I'm in a 3rd floor apartment and have already seen temps in the mid 80's without the AC running.
I'm on the third as well , but the good thing is the houses are far enough apart where I get really good airflow . So I havent really seen temps above 80 in the house yet