Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Accessory Discussion / Reviews

Old 04-14-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of
Default Best Car Cigar Ashtray?

I am toying around with the idea of smoking in my car since I drive 40 minutes to work each way. I would probably only smoke in the warmer weather since I can open the sunroof. What is the best ashtray for the car? I saw something called the Bobken, but I am not sure if it is the best.

Thanks.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:50 AM   #2
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Best Car Cigar Ashtray?

Take a look at this one http://ultimatecigarashtray.com/

A local BOTL makes these, and I would recommend them. My only knock on it is to rest a cigar in there it is pointed down. Thus leading to a flaky ash. However, if you ash your cigar before you rest it in the ashtray then this is not an issue. Check it out, Dan
Old 04-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreekGodX View Post
Take a look at this one http://ultimatecigarashtray.com/

A local BOTL makes these, and I would recommend them. My only knock on it is to rest a cigar in there it is pointed down. Thus leading to a flaky ash. However, if you ash your cigar before you rest it in the ashtray then this is not an issue. Check it out, Dan
How big of a RG does the ring hold? Will that fit into a cupholder?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:42 AM   #4
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
How big of a RG does the ring hold? Will that fit into a cupholder?
I have one and use it in car and around the pool....had a big farkin' Perdomo Habano 60 ring in there on Saturday with no problem....
Old 04-14-2010, 08:43 AM   #5
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold

....and size of a soda can so fits in all cupholders
Old 04-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #6
Scottw
Going Commando

First Name: Scott
Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

I have the Bobken that hooks on the window or glove box. it has a cigar rest as well and all the smoke and odor from the ashtray gets drawn out the window. I love it. Here is a link:

http://bobken.com/cigarbobken.aspx
Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #7
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottw View Post
I have the Bobken that hooks on the window or glove box. it has a cigar rest as well and all the smoke and odor from the ashtray gets drawn out the window. I love it. Here is a link:

http://bobken.com/cigarbobken.aspx
Have you had any problems with the cigar flying off the rest when you hit a bump?
Old 04-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #8
Scottw
Going Commando

Trading: (6)
Bolivar
Scottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura aboutScottw has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderboy02 View Post
Have you had any problems with the cigar flying off the rest when you hit a bump?
Not yet but I don't keep it in the rest too often. I got out of the car the other day and shut it and the cigar came out but that was the first time that happened.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:27 AM   #9
PeteSB75
Have My Own Room

First Name: Pete
Trading: (18)
Montecristo
PeteSB75 will become famous soon enough

I use a bobken as well, but I cut off the window thingy with a hack saw so it would fit in my car's cup holder. Occasionally the cigar will slide down into the ashtray if it gets too short, but I tend to hold my cigar while driving anyway. Best $7 I ever spent.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:28 AM   #10
Nurse_Maduro

Red face Re: Best Car Cigar Ashtray?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAsh View Post
I have one and use it in car and around the pool....had a big farkin' Perdomo Habano 60 ring in there on Saturday with no problem....
+1. I emailed the designer and just got this reply back a few minutes ago:

"The inside diameter of the retaining ring is 1.25” or 30mm; so it will accommodate just about anything… based on 64RG = 1”. I will add this information to the website for the other guys that may have the same question… "

Sounds great to me. I'm tired of being creative with my leftover stick if I'm just running into a store for a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the link!
Old 04-14-2010, 09:33 AM   #11
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

Partagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nurse_Maduro View Post
+1. I emailed the designer and just got this reply back a few minutes ago:

"The inside diameter of the retaining ring is 1.25” or 30mm; so it will accommodate just about anything… based on 64RG = 1”. I will add this information to the website for the other guys that may have the same question… "

Sounds great to me. I'm tired of being creative with my leftover stick if I'm just running into a store for a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the link!
....and one of the best features is the screw on lid....keeps the ash, and "stink" in place
Old 04-14-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
Parshooter
I'm a friend of Gary S

First Name: Marc
Trading: (2)
Bolivar
Parshooter will become famous soon enough

Yo Dan, I have a Bobken if you want it. PM me your addy and I'll get it right out to you
Old 04-14-2010, 10:32 AM   #13
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post
Yo Dan, I have a Bobken if you want it. PM me your addy and I'll get it right out to you
Wow! Thanks man! PM incoming
Old 04-14-2010, 10:38 AM   #14
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation

I have a Bobken and it works great. I keep mine in a cupholder. Never had a cigar fly off.

MCS
Old 04-14-2010, 11:13 AM   #15
Eleven
Solid As The Sun

Trading: (23)
Eleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura aboutEleven has a spectacular aura about

I have had cigars slide into and fly out of my bobken when hitting bumps and even turning corners. It is also a little wobbly hanging off my door. In my cup holder its much more stable, but with my car, its harder to reach the cigar.

Over all for as cheap as it is, its great. Its just not a sit-and-forget solution to smoking while driving. I love it and use it always, but I am always looking for a better car cigar ashtray.

CA: putting the 'man' in bromance since 2008! --markem.
Eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:15 PM   #16
tx_tuff

The best ashtray for your car is the window! Just crack your driver side window and put the air on floor. This will suck most if not all the smoke out and just send the ash out the window when you need to. When driving I don't set my cigar down I hold on to it. I do have a Bobken that I will put in my cup holder, but its just there in case I have to set it down, IE getting pulled over by police etc..
Old 04-14-2010, 01:59 PM   #17
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of

Hey, just pull off one of your hubcaps and use that!
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:31 PM   #18
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

Use your sunroof...works when you want instant snow in the car doesn't it?
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 02:40 PM   #19
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

Bolivar

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-man67 View Post
Use your sunroof...works when you want instant snow in the car doesn't it?
That was one of my dumbest moments ever
Old 04-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #20
68TriShield
Got Torque?

First Name: Dave
Trading: (40)
HUpmann
68TriShield has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_tuff View Post
The best ashtray for your car is the window! Just crack your driver side window and put the air on floor. This will suck most if not all the smoke out and just send the ash out the window when you need to. When driving I don't set my cigar down I hold on to it. I do have a Bobken that I will put in my cup holder, but its just there in case I have to set it down, IE getting pulled over by police etc..
Vent Visors are nice to have when doing this
All our trucks have them.
68TriShield is offline   Reply With Quote