Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Old 04-26-2022, 07:30 PM   #21
trogdor
Still Watching My Back

First Name: marc
Trading: (1)
HUpmann
trogdor is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Health Update

His last posts here were on the 7th, but he had activity on the 14th... which may give some hope that this is not true:

https://www.tcpalm.com/obituaries/tcn027334

The Haisley Tribute Center that it lists has no mention of him in their obituary section, so maybe there's a glitch somewhere? TCPalm appears to be a legitamite news site.
trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 07:47 PM   #22
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Praying that's not true.

Is there a way to tell if it was Jason that checked in on the 14th and not someone else on his behalf?
Old 04-26-2022, 07:58 PM   #23
trogdor
Still Watching My Back

HUpmann

Someone just PMed me saying that they know Jason personally and want to provide an update, but they were newly registered and can't post. I passed the message on to some of the mods.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:03 PM   #24
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

Same here
Old 04-26-2022, 08:08 PM   #25
MitchellMcgarr
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
MitchellMcgarr is on a distinguished road

Greetings Cigar Asylum family,

My name is Mitchell McGarr and I know Bruceolee aka Jason Crum personally. I’m actually the Youth Pastor at Grace Emmanuel Church in Port Saint Lucie, FL which is the church Jason and his parents have attended for many years. Jason and I became very good friends in the last 2 years.

This absolutely rips my heart out to post to Jason’s Cigar Asylum family: Jason Crum passed away in the wee hours of the morning, Sunday, April 10th, 2022. He’s had his physical ailments that have been well documented. An autopsy hasn’t been concluded yet so we don’t know specifics in regard to cause of death, and as soon as I have further information, I’ll report that to everybody on the forum.

All I know is what you know: what he’s been battling physically and what he posted on April 7th, he shared with me via text message. He had a wonderful steak dinner with his family, Saturday April 9th and when his parents went to wake him up to attend church on April 10th, he was deceased.

I must relay this to all of you: Jason truly cared about each one of you. As a matter of fact, the last time Jason and I had lunch together before his passing, he talked at length about his Cigar Asylum family, how much you all meant to him, and how you all have got him through such difficult times. Even though I don’t personally smoke cigars, I want to carry on Jason’s legacy on this forum and to contribute to this forum from time to time in memory of Jason.

Jason’s dad also wanted me to let you all know about the memorial service in case you are all somehow able to attend: I know it’ll be a long drive for some of you, so of course his parents understand if you can’t attend, but you all are invited:

Jason Crum’s memorial service
Saturday, May 28th at 4 PM
Grace Emmanuel Church
Port Saint Lucie, FL

If you can’t make it, if you’d like any words shared, his parents wanted me to let you know to share those words and memories, and I’ll pass it on as part of the service in the eulogy I’ll be giving to commemorate this godly man’s life. I’ve never seen anybody honor and love his parents as much as Jason Crum. Like the Apostle Paul, I’m sorrowful, yet rejoicing.

Sorrowful because I miss my big brother and our lunches together and texting encouraging words and scriptures to each other. This man was my prayer warrior and held me up daily in prayer. I’ll never be able to repay him.

Rejoicing because my brother is in Heaven. No more suffering, no more pain. Restored in the presence of Jesus Christ. I will see him again some day and when I do, we will be worshiping Christ together.

In honor of Jason, I now consider you all at Cigar Asylum, my family. Any further questions you have, feel free to ask and I’ll answer them. I grieve with each one of you during this time. I’ve done my crying and then some. Jason Crum was truly one of a kind. As kind hearted and sincere as they come.
MitchellMcgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:11 PM   #26
markem
Bunion

First Name: Mark
Trading: (47)
HUpmann
markem has disabled reputation

Rest in Peace, my brother.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:19 PM   #27
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of

May his memory be a blessing. I'm sad we never got to meet up for that cigar, I will be smoking something special in his memory.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:22 PM   #28
MitchellMcgarr
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
MitchellMcgarr is on a distinguished road

Also, sorry for the delayed update. In the midst of grieving, it didn’t cross my mind about this forum, but then a few days ago, it hit me what Jason had said at our last lunch together. I resolved that today I would post official update for everybody.
MitchellMcgarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:23 PM   #29
Dave128
Sexy Dave

First Name: Dave
Trading: (4)
Dave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really niceDave128 is just really nice

Damn. Rest in Peace, Jason.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:31 PM   #30
trogdor
Still Watching My Back

HUpmann

Thank you for the update Mitchell.

Rest in Peace Jason.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:34 PM   #31
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold

Sad news to hear. RIP, brother.
Old 04-26-2022, 08:56 PM   #32
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchellMcgarr View Post
Also, sorry for the delayed update. In the midst of grieving, it didn’t cross my mind about this forum, but then a few days ago, it hit me what Jason had said at our last lunch together. I resolved that today I would post official update for everybody.
Truly, there is no need for you to apologize! But, I will say it with your peace of heart, you are forgiven.

It is appreciated that you took the time to come over to visit us on this board and make that announcement. Jason will be sorely missed, he's a big part of this community.

I think I can safely say that it would be appreciated if you would greet his family from us our condolences, and let them know that they are in our prayers.

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 04-26-2022, 11:11 PM   #33
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough

He will be missed greatly! I will be praying for his family. Jason is with his heavenly Father now no more pain!
Old 04-26-2022, 11:37 PM   #34
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Please tell his parents that he was a blessing to the board. He gave me a chance to get closer to the lord with all his posts. He will be missed greatly and my prayers will be with all of you.
Old 04-27-2022, 07:44 AM   #35
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation

Jason was a shining light of hope and positivity since his return here. Thankful for God and life despite all the curve balls thrown his way. I looked forward to each one of his posts, and am sorry we won't get that going forward.

Thank you for the update Mitchell. As there is no way I can get there Saturday from Chicago, please pass along our love and prayers to Jason's family.

I will smoke something in Jason's memory tonight.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:03 AM   #36
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation

I'm so sorry to hear that. Jason's posts were always a bright spot on the forum. He is missed but will certainly be remembered.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:08 AM   #37
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

RIP, Jason. You will be sorely missed, My Brother.
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:22 AM   #38
elderboy02
Lets Go Buckeyes!

First Name: Dan
Trading: (133)
Bolivar
elderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud ofelderboy02 has much to be proud of

RIP. I always looked forward to his positive posts.

I am saddened today.
elderboy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:29 AM   #39
bonjing
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trading: (39)
bonjing has disabled reputation

Condolences to you and the family. It was always nice to read his posts here.
Old 04-27-2022, 09:56 AM   #40
Black Coral
Have My Own Room

First Name: John
Trading: (11)
Cohiba
Black Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the roughBlack Coral is a jewel in the rough

Rip jason
Black Coral is offline   Reply With Quote