Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-27-2022, 01:56 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Macanudo Inspirado Black - Robusto

https://macanudo.com/cigars/macanudo-inspirado-black/

So, this one comes to be from my COTM club. I smoked one a week ago and really enjoyed it. I can't remember the last time i'd smoked a Macanudo. Maybe decades? It's been a long time to say the least and it's a brand i've avoided much like gurkha. Just overblown, too mild, and overhyped but this one actually was pretty good and price-wise not too bad. It always reminds me of a sopranos quote "Macanudo's, the best right!?" When i think of Macanudo's i think of some overpriced cigar boom brand but beyond all that let's give this an honest and good review. It deserves a fair shake. Let's start the review!

Wrapper: Wrapper is a beautiful dark silky broadleaf wrapper with maybe a small vein or two, triple capped

Draw: Draw is perfect with just enough resistance to it

coffee, chocolate, dried fruits, woodiness, Finish is very mild, some white pepper coming in, very mild creaminess, not too sweet to start, some mild hints of mint,

more coffee, chocolate, dried fruits/raisins, sone sweetness coming in, graham crackers, finish is now more creamy, this isn’t a dry smoke but coats the mouth nicely, white pepper on full display now, honey sweetness, tons of smoke coming off this cigar,

chocolate, coffee with cream, honey, graham cracker, pepper, dried fruits/raisins, spiciness, hints of cayenne, creamy finish, oak,

Ash/Burn: Ash was well packed and white. The burn was a little wonky at the start and needed a couple touch ups

Final Thoughts: So, my old ideas of Macanudo aside about it being overhyped, overpriced and too mild how did this cigar do? Honestly not too bad if i'm being perfectly honest. I don't know where i got these ideas of Macanudo maybe back in the CS days or something. I just remember the ones i did smoke i didn't care for all that much. This cigar wasn't too bad. was it amazing? not really but it's a decent smoke. it didn't start out with much sweetness but it built up to it which is nice. I enjoy a cigar that develops like this. Would i buy this cigar again if i had a choice? I might actually pick one up at my local B&M. I'm not gonna go out and but a 5 pack online or a box. I would recommend it the same was to you. Pick one up if you see it and try for yourself. It's really a good cigar and it deserves a chance. Flavors were consistent from the last one i smoked a week ago so there is consistency in the brand. Well, I hope you enjoyed my little review today and are having a blessed Sunday! God bless you all!
Old 02-28-2022, 08:06 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Macanudo Inspirado Black - Robusto

Haven't had a Mac for years, and see no reason to start now. Thanks for the review anyway Jason!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote