Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 03-21-2022, 01:28 PM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Caldwell Midnight Express - Corona

http://caldwellcigars.com/caldwell-collection

So, this is the last cigar from my caldwell sampler. I smoked an eastern standard yesterday and didn't really care for it and my palate wasn't off. Otherwise all the caldwell's i've smoked have ranged from good to very good thus far and I can't wait to try this one out and give it a shot. My palate is rocking right now so better to strike while the iron is hot here so without further delay let's start the review!

Wrapper: The wrapper is a nice dark chocolate wrapper one small vein, tight invisible seams, and a pigtail cap

Pre-Light/Draw: Pre-light aroma is very faint hay and barnyard. After a straight cut the draw is picture perfect

very spicy to start, earthiness, leather, pepper, white oak, baking spices, kola nuts, slight ammonia, campfire, coffee, mustiness, chocolate, molasses, hay, You can almost taste the soil it’s so earthy, hint of cinnamon, dried fruits,

Ash fell right before this pic

Earthiness, soil, leather, pepper, cedar, baking spices, cinnamon, kola nuts, dried fruits, campfire, Finish is thick almost chewy and long, coffee, oak, minerals, mustiness, chocolate, molasses, hay, thus far a very flavorful blend,

Earthiness, soil, leather, pepper, cinnamon, baking spices, very consistent flavors, kola nuts, dried fruits. campfire, burnt marshmallow, coffee, oak, spice, mustiness, chocolate, molasses, hay/grass,

Ash/Burn: Ash was a salt and pepper gray that wanted to shed a lot. Burn got uneven at times requiring several touch ups

Final Thoughts: So, i guess i saved the best for last out of all the Caldwells. This was a flavor BOMB. It started out strong and finished with a consistent and well progressing blend. I have no complaints here and have no problems recommending you buy these by the box. Considering that Mr Caldwell himself said they would be discontinuing this cigar you may want to buy them up now. It sucks because i may have found a new go-to smoke. Do yourself a favor and at a minimum buy yourself a 5 pack but do it quickly and don't miss out on a great cigar. I hope you enjoyed my little review today and have a blessed day! God bless you all!

PS, Robert said he was discontinuing this on a podcast i was watching. there is no announcement of that yet so don't hold me to it if i'm wrong. He may have just been talking and nothing else
Old 03-21-2022, 02:47 PM   #2
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Caldwell Midnight Express - Corona

I've only had that in the Robusto and it's a damned tasty cigar. Good review.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:58 PM   #3
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Caldwell Midnight Express - Corona

Not my favorite Caldwell, but purty darn tasty.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote