Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 02-24-2022, 10:06 AM   #1
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Arturo Fuente Anejo - No 55

https://arturofuente.com/our-cigars/anejo/

Birthday review number one today. My father bought me this cigar at christmas and I wanted to wait until my birthday to review it. I've always enjoyed the Fuente lines but can't recall ever smoking anything from the Anejo line so this should be fun. So, here it goes! Let's start birthday review #1!

Wrapper: A gorgeous reddish milk chocolate wrapper with almost no veins

Draw: Perfect with just enough resistance.

Spiciness up front, earthiness, leather, toastiness, hints of coffee, mild chocolate, forest floor, All these barrel aged tobaccos have a distinct flavor profile to them that is not unpleasant, savory steak-like flavors, white pepper, Very faint hints of cayenne, woodiness,

leather, spiciness, pepper, hints of cocoa, well spiced steak, earthiness, slightly creamy finish., still has that first floor vibe, So this really reminds me a lot of a perdomo BBA,

spiciness, leather, nuttiness, hints of cocoa, cedar, well seasoned steak, earthiness, hints of forest floor, campfire,

Ash/Burn: ash held tight the entire cigar, nice and white. The burn was fairly even throughout.

Final Thoughts: So this cigar really reminded me of a Perdomo BBA and i imagine all barrel aged cigars have this particular flavor profile. This was a great cigar from start to finish. Price-wise not the most expensive Fuente available either. It really had a meaty/steakiness throughout the cigar that would make a great dinner cigar. I can imagine eating a ribeye along with this. If you love barrel aged cigars i highly recommend this and i am becoming a fan of them. If you can afford it I would say just buy a box but at the very least pick yourself up a 5 pack. So, this is the first of 2 birthday reviews I'm doing so let's get on with one more! God bless you all and hope you enjoyed this review!
Old 02-25-2022, 07:53 AM   #2
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (61)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Arturo Fuente Anejo - No 55

I hope you enjoyed your Birthday Jason. Cool that your Dad bought you the Anejo!

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:04 AM   #3
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about

IMHO the Anejo series is the best thing that AF makes. The 77 is probably a top 10 for me.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2022, 08:12 AM   #4
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

P.S....

Jason, did you just add your Birthday to your profile yesterday? I swear there were no BDays on the site calendar early yesterday morning.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
Old 02-25-2022, 08:30 AM   #5
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
P.S....

Jason, did you just add your Birthday to your profile yesterday? I swear there were no BDays on the site calendar early yesterday morning.
I did switch it to public yesterday afternoon. I couldn't find it either and was wondering why my name hadn't come up. You're not going insane I had just failed to make it public
Old 02-25-2022, 08:51 AM   #6
icehog3
Admiral Douchebag

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceolee View Post
I did switch it to public yesterday afternoon. I couldn't find it either and was wondering why my name hadn't come up. You're not going insane I had just failed to make it public
Thanks, I'm usually up on that stuff with active Inmates. I'm no more insane than Jack Torrance then.

Old 02-25-2022, 10:06 AM   #7
SmokeyJoe
Chief Wannastogie Lounge

First Name: Joe
Trading: (28)
VR
SmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud ofSmokeyJoe has much to be proud of

Hope it was a Happy and Blessed Birthday!

The Añejo is one of my favorite smokes.