Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2008, 10:01 AM   #1
Cigarmark

Default Oliva Serie V Maduro Especial (w/pics)

Decided to try one for breakfast today. I figured I would try it on a clean palate. It is a very attractive Torpedo.

My first impression was that it was a little harsh. This only lasted a minute or two and smoothed out nicley. The first third was very nice, medium in body and quite a nice surprise. I guessed it would be like be a regular V, but it was quite different. It was rich and creamy and was somewhat peppery. It had a small draw issue, but a paperclip fixed that. The second third stayed about the same. It started to pick up a little and was gaining flavor.

I experienced a little tar leakage out the end so i re-clipped about a 1/16 of an inch and it smoked fine. It had a beautiful ash and it seemed to get richer. The strength is growing at this point and is very enjoyeable. The final 1/3 is just wow!

The flavor is intense at this point. My whole palate is tingling. This smoke is incredible. The strength is full and rich and getting intense. It is peppery and cocoa and is awesome. It is very unique and strong but not overpowering. I like the V alot, but this is a step above in my opinion. I got a slight nic buzz toward the end and I did smoke this till the bitter end!

In conclusion, the only down side to this cigar is the fact that it is in limited supply. Ian, if you see this, beg the Oliva's to make this a regular in their line.
This is an outstanding cigar and I reccomend trying two if you can find it!