Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2016, 08:54 AM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default iPad 2 for someone who can use it

Hello brothers,

As most of you know I lost my only sibling (younger brother) 5 years ago this month. My Mama had been diagnosed with cancer not long before Mike died and she made it to November of 2012 and lost her battle with the cancer.

Her cancer was well advanced when they found it. I wanted to buy her an iPad so that when she didn't feel like or no longer could sit at the computer and stay in touch with family and friends, but I didn't really have the money at the time. I posted a thread here on Cigar Asylum simply asking for help with ideas to get her one, and within 2 hours yall had not only donated money for the iPad but enough for a very nice folding case/stand. It was even bought by a brother and shipped to her and within a few days she had it. She loved that iPad and used it until she died. When se died my dad gave the iPad to me and I used it for a couple years until my wife and I bought two iPad Air 2s for ourselves.

After I bought our Air 2s, I had several times wanted to give it away to someone here, but found it very hard to get rid of anything that had belonged to my Mama. My dad doesn't stay at his house much anymore and told me several years ago to do something with Mama's clothes when I wanted to. He couldn't deal with it and neither could I for a long time. I just in the last 6 month's was able to donate her clothes to a local Church that has a great clothing ministry.

I posted all that because I don't want anyone here to think I was hoarding it. I should have gave it back to this community a long time ago, but it was hard for me to let it go even though it's not being used. Sigsauer just gave me something and somehow it inspired me to try to give the iPad to someone whom I hope can find a use for it.

I hope someone can use it even though it is an older version, and I know Mama would have wanted someone to get some use out of it. It's not necessary but it would be great if it could go to someone's kid that otherwise might not have one.

It's an iPad 2 128 gig with a case/stand. I have the box, but not sure about the charger. It's in really good shape as well. Whoever wants it can have it and again apologies for not doing this sooner. Let me know and I will send it to you.

Thanks and God Bless
G G is offline   Reply With Quote