Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Island (The other ones) Reviews

Old 11-25-2008, 12:54 PM   #1
Don Fernando
Postwhore

First Name: Ferdinand
Trading: (29)
Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of
Default Arganese ambassador maduro

This Dominican figurado, ring 54 and 6.5 inch long, is made by Gene Arganese and contains Dominican filler, binder and a Brazilian matafina maduro wrapper. The shape is a bit odd, as the fire point isn’t straight but a little bend. The cigar feels like it’s well constructed, evenly hard all over and the aroma is sweet and reminds me of a stable. The sweetness probably comes from the Brazilian tobacco. The predraw whatsoever is a bit though and gives me the flavor of raisin on my palate.

The walnut case it is in on this picture was a gift from Mark @ cigarmoney.com and the cigar itself was a gift from my friend Tobii

After lighting I really had to think “what’s that flavor?”. I mean, there was plenty of flavor but I could not name it other than earthy flavors with a leathery undertone. The flavors had a dark feel to it, like a real winter cigar. The cigar grows in strength and at a certain moment a surprisingly pleasant metallic flavor shows up for a little while, a flavor I don’t particularly like but it wasn’t bad at all. Later on I got some nutty flavors on my palate and a soft light chocolate flavor which faded away quickly. The nuttiness stays until the end of the cigar when it is accompanied by some toast and white pepper.

This is a medium strength cigar but with lots of flavor. There was enough smoke and the ash was quite strong. I do seem to have burning issues with figurados and perfectos though.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes!

Construction: 17 / 20
Draw: 14 / 20
Appearance: 16 / 20
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Burn: 14 / 20
Aroma (first part) 7 / 10
Aroma (middle part) 7 / 10
Aroma (last part) 7 / 10
Old 11-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #2
MithShrike

Default Re: Arganese ambassador maduro

Quote:
Would I buy this cigar again? Yes!
Man... unfortunately the blend has changed. Arganese simplified their product offerings and the Ambassador blend got dropped in a maduro wrapper. Now it's only the Chairman. Although I think the Chairman is good, just a little stronger.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:24 PM   #3
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)
Don Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud ofDon Fernando has much to be proud of

That is bad news, and it makes me appriciate Tobii's gift even more.
Old 11-25-2008, 01:26 PM   #4
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Great review Don!!!

Nice to see you taking this review stuff seriously again!!! No more Pineapple Perfectos/Raspberry Robustos and sh!t!!!

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
Don Fernando
Postwhore

Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Great review Don!!!

Nice to see you taking this review stuff seriously again!!! No more Pineapple Perfectos and sh!t!!!
I still have a Phillies Chocolate, White owl's grape, CAO moontrance, CAO Eileens dream and some green thing called The Game hanging around for reviews
Old 11-25-2008, 01:31 PM   #6
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Fernando View Post
I still have a Phillies Chocolate, White owl's grape, CAO moontrance, CAO Eileens dream and some green thing called The Game hanging around for reviews

Smoke what you like!!!
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote