Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
MajorCaptSilly
Sklee

First Name: Scott
Trading: (30)
Bolivar
MajorCaptSilly has disabled reputation
Default C-Bid deals?

I had strayed away from C-Bid for the last several months because nearly everything I wanted was going at or more than MSRP. I happened to log in on Sunday and saw a box of 5 Vegas Miami Churchills at $46.00 under the Quickies tab and a winning bid of $46.00. I put in a bid of $49.00 and won it! That's less than 50% off MSRP! Anybody else getting deals again?

MCS
Old 08-19-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
cbsmokin
Looking for the Apex

First Name: Craig
Trading: (10)
Cohiba
cbsmokin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: C-Bid deals?

I banned myself from the site a long time ago. Maybe that's why you are getting better deals.

Check out C.A.R.B. IV http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...840#post879840
cbsmokin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:23 PM   #3
yitlin

Oh man, that is a great deal. I suppose I should "thank" you for reigniting my interest in that site...
Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM   #4
tenbaseg
Saying no to daily deals!

First Name: Garrett
Trading: (40)
tenbaseg will become famous soon enoughtenbaseg will become famous soon enough

It's been very hit or miss lately. You have to snipe out good deals and more often than not, you get out bid. I avoid the specials that they email out. Those go for way too much.

I've also had some luck on Friday nights when less people may be siting at their PC.
tenbaseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:38 PM   #5
RJK18
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Rob
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
RJK18 is on a distinguished road

I made me first deal with the devil on sunday, and picked up a box of La Aurora 100 anos preferidos for $235. MSRP $400.
RJK18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
Kreth
Ronin smoker

First Name: Jeff
Trading: (14)
Kreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really niceKreth is just really nice

I scored a 5er of Man O' War figurados a while back for $21 (CI's regular price is $45). I check the Quickies every time I login there. Some of them are great deals.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
eber
Have My Own Room

First Name: Erik
Trading: (7)
Bolivar
eber will become famous soon enough

I have gotten some pretty good deals on there, my most recent was a box of LFD L200 Oscuro for $52 (about 50% less than what they go for on CI)
eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
Totemic
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (0)
Totemic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK18 View Post
I made me first deal with the devil on sunday, and picked up a box of La Aurora 100 anos preferidos for $235. MSRP $400.
I stopped using the MSRP as a guage since virtually no online retailer ever sells any cigar for MSRP. Instead, the gauge is based on the lowest price from a half dozen retailers that I frequent.

Other than CI specific blends like 5 Vegas, in almost every case, the winning price is usually about the same as what I can get from another retailer or (more often than not) higher.

For example:

http://www.cigarbid.com/auction/lot.cfm?lotID=768311
JdN Antano Churchills. Current winning bid is $79. And if CBid pattern holds true to form, 20 mins before that auction closes, we should see a bunch of bids coming in, driving the price higher.

vs.

http://www.atlanticcigar.com/joydenican19.html#section1
Atlantic Cigars. Box of JdN Antano Churchill is $79.50.

I've long since stopped bothering with CBid. I have a list of vendors that I trust, and I keep a list of prices of different blends I like from these vendors. When I need to restock, I just walk down that list.
Totemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #9
bigloo
Crazy like a fox

First Name: Lu
Trading: (27)
Partagas
bigloo will become famous soon enough

I have not scored anything on CBID for a long time. All the stuff I want popular so the prices routinely rise above what you can get with a little online detective work. Monster on the other hand is tearing my wallet apart. I miss the old days of Cbid though.
bigloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #10
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigloo View Post
I have not scored anything on CBID for a long time. All the stuff I want popular so the prices routinely rise above what you can get with a little online detective work. Monster on the other hand is tearing my wallet apart. I miss the old days of Cbid though.
Haven't bought a lot from monster but what i have bought was nice.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 02:36 PM   #11
bvilchez
En búsqueda.....

First Name: Bolivar aka Jay
Trading: (76)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Active)
bvilchez has disabled reputation

My wife secretly created an account on cbid and won me a Verona 3000 cpacity cabinet humi for $250.

I always get outbid on what I want.
bvilchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:00 PM   #12
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold

I usually watch and pick up a box of the 5 Vegas toros whenever I am getting low for around $45-50. Another steal IMO is getting a box (of 50) of the DPG Blue corona gordas in the $150 range. They are my favorite blue and at $3 a stick cannot be beat IMO. Other than those two I don't even bother anymore.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #13
SmokinCozy
I don't smoke that

First Name: Craig
Trading: (47)
Bolivar MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
SmokinCozy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totemic View Post
I stopped using the MSRP as a guage since virtually no online retailer ever sells any cigar for MSRP. Instead, the gauge is based on the lowest price from a half dozen retailers that I frequent.

Other than CI specific blends like 5 Vegas, in almost every case, the winning price is usually about the same as what I can get from another retailer or (more often than not) higher.

For example:

JdN Antano Churchills. Current winning bid is $79. And if CBid pattern holds true to form, 20 mins before that auction closes, we should see a bunch of bids coming in, driving the price higher.

vs.

I've long since stopped bothering with CBid. I have a list of vendors that I trust, and I keep a list of prices of different blends I like from these vendors. When I need to restock, I just walk down that list.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:34 PM   #14
Cigary

I have a list of favorite cigars that I regularly bid on this site. I use CHIMP plus I have scoured all other resources for those cigars I buy on a regular basis. If you know going in what pricing you want that is half the battle. I usually score 50% of my favorites twice a month which is a net gain of 50 cigars every other week and I never go over my budget of $150 a month. That is the same price for a therapist for one session. I feel much better with my cigars and a glass of Drambuie and am saving about $800 a month not going to see a quack about my cigar issues.
Old 08-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #15
RJK18
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Rob
Trading: (16)
Bolivar
RJK18 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totemic View Post

For example:

vs.

I agree. I was paying $20 bucks apiece for these smokes at most B&M's by me. So $9 apiece seemed like a bargain. The $235 beat most prices I found on the net and I know CB/CI has always done right by me.
RJK18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:15 PM   #16
Steelergar

I just bought some fivers of Graycliff 1666 pirates for $5.00 a stick, Mi barrio for 7.00 a stick, DPG blue for $3.00 a stick, Padilla Miami $4.00 a stick and padilla 1932 for just under $5.00 a stick.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:33 PM   #17
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggainey View Post
Haven't bought a lot from monster but what i have bought was nice.
yup me to, but have picked up a few nice things from ci. I think im too lazy for the c-bid
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:42 PM   #18
smokin5
Have My Own Room

Trading: (69)
Bolivar
smokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nicesmokin5 is just really nice

I've rarely popped in there lately, as in the last few months, everything I was interested in was running much higher than they used to go for.
Don't know if more people are bidding stupid, or if CI is hiring more shills. Either way, not scored anything there in so long, I've stopped bidding & now just look out for killer deals elsewhere (Joe Cigar, Cigar Monster, JR, etc.)
Old 08-20-2009, 06:31 AM   #19
Col. Kurtz
Have My Own Room

First Name: Jerry
Trading: (26)
RA
Col. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura aboutCol. Kurtz has a spectacular aura about

I haven't been on C-bid much lately either. I got turned off with the prices around S-CHIP time.

Now, if there were a CC-Bid, I'd be in trouble.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #20
bowhnter
Backyard BBQer

First Name: Mike
Trading: (4)
bowhnter is on a distinguished road

I always be sure if I am bidding on and win, that I plan to win 3-4 items at the right price so the shipping savings comes into play. I use the weekly ship option, so I bid early enough that if I win I have time to find other deals thought the week.