Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Cigar Forums > Cigar Discussion > All Cigar Discussion

Old 06-22-2010, 04:07 AM   #121
timo
Feeling at Home

Trading: (0)
timo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Will be in Hancock, MA

Tim #3 and #4 heading out this afternoon.

Smoking is one of the leading causes of statistics

Last edited by pnoon; 08-26-2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: Request of OP
timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:45 AM   #122
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

First Name: Ryan
Trading: (7)
LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Getting ready to head out to the golf course. See everyone this afternoon.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:09 AM   #123
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicCook View Post
Getting ready to head out to the golf course. See everyone this afternoon.
Ditto.

Hope I can swing a club and not kill myself...

... or hurt any others.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:30 AM   #124
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Have fun and try not to Embarrass us, Todd.

I'll be there in spirit (an obnoxious spirit, but a spirit none the less).
Old 06-23-2010, 05:36 AM   #125
timo
Feeling at Home

Todd, it was great to meet you . I had a blast. Smoking cigars isn't really about smoking cigars

Old 06-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #126
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitnchew View Post
Todd, it was great to meet you . I had a blast. Smoking cigars isn't really about smoking cigars
Tim, it wss indeed a very pleasant evening. I enjoyed talking with you and getting to meet you all.

Most certainly true that it isn't about smoking cigars.

I must give my apologiies to you all, I have my camera... I have my computer... the cable that connects the two is at home. Posted pictures from my camera will have to wait.

The family is leaving for Vermont, so I will post more later.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:34 AM   #127
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC
MedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud ofMedicCook has much to be proud of

Great time yesterday. Started it off playing golf with Todd and a couple of his family members. Then it was off to Tim's for a herf. Moe's sausage was wonderful.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:14 PM   #128
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Tim, it wss indeed a very pleasant evening. I enjoyed talking with you and getting to meet you all.

Most certainly true that it isn't about smoking cigars.

I must give my apologiies to you all, I have my camera... I have my computer... the cable that connects the two is at home. Posted pictures from my camera will have to wait.

The family is leaving for Vermont, so I will post more later.

Sorry to hear about the cord. I hope you and the family have a great time in vermont!!
Old 06-23-2010, 03:14 PM   #129
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Great time yesterday. Started it off playing golf with Todd and a couple of his family members. Then it was off to Tim's for a herf. Moe's sausage was wonderful.
Thanks for the golf game, it was a great time. Beautiful course, but very narrow - at least for some of us. We did discover though, that bears indeed do crap in the woods. Fortunately, he had abandoned the head before our arrival.

Thank you Ryan for the couple sticks you gave me - What's the rough one again? And the lancero?

Peace of the Lord be with you.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #130
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

It was a Francesco lanceretto.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:37 PM   #131
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
It was a Francesco lanceretto.
That's the rough one, and you get them where?

Tim (Spitnchew) - tell me again the name of that cigar you gav me? I loved it. A smooth and flavorful Connecticut is hard to find.

Old 06-23-2010, 06:39 PM   #132
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

They are rolled at Habana in Albany. They are hard to find since Francesco only rolls them a few times a year.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:08 PM   #133
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

Either my new camera sucks or TRickers wife was hammered while taking this group shot ...

l to r: spitnchew, thestatsguy, revsmoke, phatty, tricker, moe, mediccook
Old 06-23-2010, 08:14 PM   #134
massphatness
Where's my buffaloooo ...

First Name: Vin
Trading: (206)
ERdM
massphatness has disabled reputation

The guest of honor: RevSmoke (sans collar)

We tried to keep the bromance to a low simmer, but Moe did insist on a game of hide the sausage. Dang his sausage is tasty!

Ryan, Todd & Moe ... at least if we got violently ill on undercooked pork, Ryan could dispatch us some medical help. Worst case, Todd could administer last rites.

Had a blast guys ... it was great to finally meet Todd. Way too much food (as usual).

fun times
Old 06-24-2010, 10:21 AM   #135
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Vin, thanks for the pictures - glad someone put up some pictures.

Here is my feeble attempt to summarize some of the night's festivities.

Good to see a few pictures up here. I didn't talk about all the cigars I was given.

Ryan and I followed each other to Tim's place, he was waiting out on the front porch for us. As we're doing some introductions, Vin pulls up and introductions are made there. Then Tim gives us the grand tour - pointing different directions to the different rooms in the house (done from in front of the humidor). I think I was in 3 rooms (kitchen, bathroom, living room) and a hallway. We brought in the food and beverage and then headed out to the backyard.

(Ryan gave me a couple cigars, already mentioned, an Escensia Lancero and a Francesco lanceretto.)

As we get settled around the picnic table, setting out the food, we all fire up cigars (or already have them burning) and start snacking. That's when Vin walks up and slaps a 5er on me, literally. He walks up and unceremoniously drops it in my lap and says, “This is for you.” A 5er baggie - full - an ‘08 Bolivar PC, an ‘08 Montecristo #4, a 5/09 El Rey del Mundo Choix Supreme, a Tatuaje Zona del Este, and a Saint Luis Rey EL Asia Pacifico. I just sit there, stunned, and mumble, “Um, ah, um, Thanks!”

Tim (TheStatsGuy) lays a hit on me, giving me no choice, “this is for you,” and gives me a Diamond Crown Maximus Robutsto #5

4 of us are lounging in the backyard, snarfing shrimp and Doritos, when Tim & Tim pull up and wander into the backyard. More food and drink is laid out.

Tim (T Ricker) gets little impatient waiting for Moe and decides to start some of the main course and throws some steaks on the grill. You’ll have to ask him what the seasoning were, but they were tasty, very enjoyable.

It is about this time when Moe shows up (with his handsome son - names kept out of this public forum) bearing sausages and cannolis. Everybody greets one another when he comes over to me opens up a case and tells me, “Take one.” Staring at me are a few Ccs and I demur, try passing, but he insists, “Is there something in there you haven’t had?” Seeing that he isn’t going to let me off the hook, or move that case from out in front of my nose if I don’t grab a stick, I take a Vegas Robaina Unicos, and thank him for his kindness.

We continue to snack and smoke, when Tim (SpitNChew) lays a massive 6X60 Connecticut shade beauty on me, “You gotta try this. I haven’t had one yet, so I can’t tell you what their like.” I know he told me, like about 20 times what it was, but being an unfamiliar name, I have again forgotten it. (Please refresh my memory.) I try to give it back to him, but that ain’t happening. So, I put it in my travel case till a little later.

After we’ve finished “the main course’, cigars start getting lit again. That’s when I pull a surprise out of my case, a gift to me from Shilala, a Garcia Y Vega Senator Bonded Havana from 1940. Tricker starts it off and we pass it around - pretty soon it is jsut myself and SptiNChew puffing on it. It has some interesting flavors which none of can put our finger on. It isn’t bad, but there are only two of us puffing on it, giving you an idea of how interesting and special it isn’t. It wasn’t dry and grasslike as some others we’ve had that are this age, but it wasn’t a “wow”er either.

We have a great evening, food, drink, cigars and the highlight - conversation of friends.

Vin has a long drive, so he leaves first. Then Moe and his boy head out. Then Tim’s 3 & 4 head off. Ryan and I head into the house with Tim to grab the last of our stuff. That’s when Tim says we’re supposed to grab a stick out of his humidor - and he’s not taking ‘no’ for an answer. So, I grab a Por Larranaga PC, figuring I’d be good with just that. Ooops, faulty figuring on my part. He reaches in and from a couple drawers draws out two more and gives them to me - a Cohiba Siglo #2, and a DPG Vegas Cubanas Toro (?).

Thus ends a fantastic evening.

I want to especially thank Kristen for allowing us to invade her home, and Tim for his generosity and hospitality. It was a great evening - Thanks! God’s blessing upon you both as you raise that wonderful young man that you have brought into your home and made a part of your family.

Old 06-24-2010, 03:17 PM   #136
14holestogie
Serial banter killer

First Name: Tim
Trading: (52)
Partagas
14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold14holestogie is a splendid one to behold

Todd got spanked......

Old 06-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #137
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation

It was a good time, great to meet Todd and see the guys.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #138
timo
Feeling at Home

Todd you need to ask Ryan what that cigar was because I'm brain dead. I know it wasn't a Phillie Blunt

Old 06-24-2010, 08:54 PM   #139
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

HUpmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitnchew View Post
Todd you need to ask Ryan what that cigar was because I'm brain dead. I know it wasn't a Phillie Blunt
OK Ryan, seems you're the only one with a memory. What was the cigr that Tim gave me - it was from that one local roller - the 6X60 Connectiut shade wrapped.

Old 06-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #140
MedicCook
Mila smoked my cigar

LGC

It was a Francesco Socrates.

Tim #4 gave you the Esencia lancero.