Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Wine, Beer, and Spirits

Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #21
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Mac's Apple Pie Shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parshooter View Post
I have a jug of stuff like that, although it is made with real moonshine, fresh cider and cinnimon. Delicious stuff, thanks Josh
I had something like that with unsweetened apple juice, a cinnimon stick, and spiced rum. Rum = 1/3 of the mixture I believe. It tasted like apple cider, but hit like a truck. Gotta try making my own.

Edited to say: off Eva Mendes's a$$ would be one helluva place to drink any libation.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:37 AM   #22
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

Good question. Can I whip up a batch and start drinking it tonight?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:03 AM   #23
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Good question. Can I whip up a batch and start drinking it tonight?

I'd say go for it and let us know!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #24
pektel
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Peter
Trading: (28)
LGC
pektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nicepektel is just really nice

I just may. Just don't' know if my local liquor store has the vodka.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:48 AM   #25
Huskysibe
Chief!!!!!!!!!!!!

First Name: Billy
Trading: (9)
LFdC Navy (Active)
Huskysibe will become famous soon enough

Man, how do I get on the distribution list Mac, I need to try some of this stuff? I guess you have my old address, I moved from MD to TX after my return from Afghanistan 3 months ago. PM me for the address and let me know what you want in trade, I wanna get me some of that shine!!!!

Billy
Old 01-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #26
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

First Name: Mac
Trading: (218)
Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fissure View Post
How long to let sit? In a cool place? Fridge? How long will it keep? Never made anything like this before.
Keeps in the fridge just fine for months...if you can make it last that long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskysibe View Post
Man, how do I get on the distribution list Mac, I need to try some of this stuff? I guess you have my old address, I moved from MD to TX after my return from Afghanistan 3 months ago. PM me for the address and let me know what you want in trade, I wanna get me some of that shine!!!!

Billy
I need to make a new batch here soon (hopefully this coming weekend). Only downside to this is the cost of the alcohol, jars and postage (must be shipped in Medium Flat Rate to allow enough space to cushion jar properly.

To make a "batch"...it runs about $ 64.00 (total cost) to make 14 pints/7 quarts, this does not include shipping. But damn if it doesn't taste good.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #27
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)
kelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond reputekelmac07 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought it would be better if I posted my recipe here...more cost effective than sending out pints.

Mac's Applie Pie Shine
Prep time 5 Min
Cook time 30 Min

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider (make sure to get a legit cider. It makes for a better product.)
3 cups white sugar
1 table spoon of Vanilla Extract
8 cinnamon sticks (again, get a legit brand. Spend the extra cash.)
1.5 (750 milliliter) bottles 190 proof Everclear grain alcohol
6-8 shots of Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka

Directions:
In a large pot, combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar, vanilla extract and eight cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely (overnight preferred). When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol and place in jars.

Store in fridge. Before serving, shake the jar (cinnamon residue will float to the bottom), pour in a cup of ice, and drink up!!
Old 01-09-2011, 11:02 AM   #28
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
Thought it would be better if I posted my recipe here...more cost effective than sending out pints.

Mac's Applie Pie Shine
Prep time 5 Min
Cook time 30 Min

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple juice
1 gallon apple cider (make sure to get a legit cider. It makes for a better product.)
3 cups white sugar

Directions:
In a large pot, combine apple juice, apple cider, sugar, vanilla extract and eight cinnamon sticks. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat and let cool completely (overnight preferred). When juice mixture is cool, Stir in the grain alcohol and place in jars.

Store in fridge. Before serving, shake the jar (cinnamon residue will float to the bottom), pour in a cup of ice, and drink up!!
This recipe makes about 14-16 pints or 7-8 quarts.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:23 AM   #29
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for posting the recipe Mac. I went out yesterday and bought some cider, EC and the vodka. Mixed up a small batch, without knowing the rest of the ingredients. While it was good, I can see why it didn't taste completely like apple pie. Now to get the rest of the ingredients.

I'm still up for the trade. I want to try the original.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:33 AM   #30
T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation

Mac, is Everclear 151 or 190 in your state?
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:36 AM   #31
kelmac07
Resident Maduro Whore!!

Bolivar Army (Retired)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.g View Post
mac, is everclear 151 or 190 in your state?
Old 01-09-2011, 01:13 PM   #32
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post

Mac's Applie Pie Shine
Prep time 5 Min
Cook time 30 Min

Ingredients:
1 gallon apple juice
3 cups white sugar

Directions:

Best post ever.

EDIT Now I can tweak the alcohol content to high heaven.
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 07:26 AM   #33
wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation

I have made this recipe and drank some of Mac's at EPIC. It's a great drink! If you want to kick it up a notch, you can use 1 1/2 cups white sugar and 1 1/2 cups brown sugar. That gives it more of an apple pie taste imo.
Old 01-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #34
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold

I just made a half batch last night, with brown sugar. I'll mix in the booze tonight after work. Can't wait to try the finished product.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:24 AM   #35
jmsremax
Yet another Masshole

First Name: Jon
Trading: (19)
jmsremax will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the post Mac!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #36
longknocker
Postwhore

First Name: Greg
Trading: (82)
Cohiba
longknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant futurelongknocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmsremax View Post
Thanks for the post Mac!!!
longknocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 08:52 AM   #37
replicant_argent
Gravy Boat Winnah.

First Name: Pete
Location: my attorney has advised against giving this information to insane people
Trading: (22)
LGC
replicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to allreplicant_argent is a name known to all

Full of awesome.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:55 AM   #38
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough

any chance i can buy some of this when im home from my 21st mac? It seems this stuff goes well with a good cigar, which is my plan
Old 01-10-2011, 09:16 PM   #39
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice

YUM!
Old 01-10-2011, 09:19 PM   #40
Bill86
Snob

First Name: Bill
Trading: (67)
Cohiba
Bill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to allBill86 is a name known to all

Yep, I would definitely drink anything that they will bottle legally for consumption off her ass. Nice picture
Bill86 is offline   Reply With Quote