Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum  

Go Back   Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum > Non Cigar Specialty Forums > Misc > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Which truck do I want?
Dodge Ram 14 16.67%
Toyota Tundra 22 26.19%
Ford F150 25 29.76%
Chevy Silverado 16 19.05%
GMC Sierra 7 8.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-2009, 03:40 PM   #41
AAlmeter
F.U.B.O.

First Name: Adam
Trading: (0)
AAlmeter is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Which new truck??

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobii3 View Post
The key to longevity is MAINTENANCE. And what I've seen (and you've seen) under the hood defies ALL aspects of common sense.
Agreed.

I should post up some pics of my girlfriend 'new' car. '02(?) Jetta TDI. She bought it after her brother (a doctor) looked it over, but she didn't give me the opportunity to look it over because, apparently, I'm a know-it-all who turns everything into an engineering problem.

You should see the absolute disaster under the hood. A whole poop ton of add-on wires, some not connected, just birdnested around the whoe engine compartment. My very favorite is a stretched out coil of solder running from the negative terminal to the body as some sort of ground.

Anyone in the market for a POS Jetta??
AAlmeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:08 PM   #42
Starscream
Knowhutimean, Vern?

First Name: Andy
Trading: (4)
Partagas
Starscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to beholdStarscream is a splendid one to behold

I would stay away from both Dodge and the GMs right now. Ford seems to be holding steady so far.

Insert quote here.
Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:21 PM   #43
Ranger_B
Have My Own Room

First Name: Frank
Trading: (31)
Montecristo Army (Active)
Ranger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the roughRanger_B is a jewel in the rough

I went ahead and voted for the Dodge. I have an 06 Ram and much like others have said did have some issues with it. I on the other hand was quite lucky and the dealer not only took care of it but reset my warranty to the date of when the issue was resolved. know not all dealers are the same so I got lucky there. All that being said I would take my time not only do you find the better deals come early fall but that will give the companies time to figure out who is in charge and paying the bills.
Ranger_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 04:25 PM   #44
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute

I would go with the GMC. Only because I have had my best luck with GMC's, and the Envoy I drive now is hands down the best, most reliable, most comfortable, and favorite vehicle I have ever owned.
If I was going with "what's the smartest choice?", I'd say the Ford.
I'd walk before I had to drive the Toyota.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #45
White97Jimmy
Puff on this

First Name: James
Trading: (1)
RA
White97Jimmy is on a distinguished road

I've owned both Chevy and Ford trucks and would buy either one again. However I did enjoy my Ford a little more.

Never considered a Chrysler product and never a foreign vehicle.
Posted via Mobile Device
White97Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:41 AM   #46
smokeyandthebandit05
Feeling at Home

First Name: Rich
Trading: (1)
smokeyandthebandit05 is on a distinguished road

With this cash for clunker thing goin on and my Explorer gettin HORRIBLE gas mileage Im thinkin about taking advantage of this. Chrysler is offering to double the money the gov't is giving out so instead of $4500 I could get $9000. I like the 09 Ram 1500's.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts about the truck.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #47
SchizoFilly

I voted Tundra....assuming you won't be going diesel with your given choices.

I have seen the Toyota put up with a lot more abuse and hold up better over the miles than anything else on the road. Don't know about resale value, but most of the time a Toyota will hold its value fairly well. 4-wheel drive systems don't get much better from the factory than Toyota. I have always driven American made trucks of my own and for work until the most recent, and it was a Tundra. I am a convert for sure. The four full door model has about as much leg room in the back as the Dodge Mega Cab, and those are the ONLY two vehicles that can comfortably seat four adults (I'm 6'5", if you're short you can probably ignore that).

Dirt roads took much longer to make the Tundra start to rattle than the dodge, ford, or GM trucks. It's inevitable, but it's nice to have the quiet last as long as it can. Didn't haul heavy trailers much, but I'm in the camp that feels if you are hauling heavy trailers on a regular basis you need a diesel.

The only other thing I will say is that for comfort, the fully loaded GM has the best seats of any truck on the market hands down.
Old 07-29-2009, 10:16 AM   #48
e-man67
Big Drunkin Monkey!!

First Name: Eric
Trading: (29)
PL
e-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura aboute-man67 has a spectacular aura about

I voted Ford...I have had 3 with ZERO issues...My dad has a 1972 Ford dump truck non diesel with over 700K on it and it sits outside...he can got out any day of the week in the dead of winter and it starts...he also has an 81 f250 non diesel with over 400K on the clock and never an engine or tranny overhaul...that couldn't be said for his chevy of GMC. I had a Toyota 4 Runner and while it was OK it felt like a tin can...and when it started to rust there was no stopping it...had the same issue with my wifes Toyota Paseo...started to rust 5 years after she bought it and there was no stopping it...I am a firm believer in Ford trucks! I traded my 05 F150 quad cab King ranch in and bought a BMW 5 series with the M sport pack...and while it's fun I wish I had my truck back!
e-man67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:22 AM   #49
AngryBill
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bill
Trading: (3)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
AngryBill is on a distinguished road

I voted Dodge. Love my truck and have had no issues. I did buy the lifetime warranties, since I keep a truck for about 20 years. The only issue I have had is the rear power door lock mechanism had to be replaced (Under warranty). Have 71k miles on it and for a hemi is getting 14-20 mpg.

I know the Tundra is an excellent truck also.
AngryBill is offline   Reply With Quote